Blade Official Blade General Discussion and Speculation Thread!

Silver Surfer

Power Cosmic
Reaction score
Let it begin! Discuss the Daywalker coming to the MCU.

D_9mcOBVUAYL1yw.jpg

I’m guessing no Whistler since that was a character created just for the movie. But still seems like he needs a partner or someone to have conversations with. I wonder if they are going to do a real origin story or just drop us right into the middle of it, something I appreciated about the original movie.

This movie isn't coming out until Phase 5 and who knows how far along it'll be for that. But I'm looking forward to it eventually.

Since we have a Blade forum now, any chance of taking all the old archived Blade threads from before and putting them in a sub forum for the old Blade films and TV series?

I'm guessing it'll be 2022, maybe '23. We still have a Black Panther, Captain Marvel sequel and the 3rd Guardians after what is already announced. A small role in Doctor Strange 2 isn't out of the question though.

Glad to see this already has its own subforum though :up:

I'm guessing it'll be 2022, maybe '23. We still have a Black Panther, Captain Marvel sequel and the 3rd Guardians after what is already announced. A small role in Doctor Strange 2 isn't out of the question though.

Glad to see this already has its own subforum though :up:
Yeah, and the next Spidey will probably beat it too.

Exclusive! Wesley Snipes Responds to Marvel Rebooting Blade

Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige shocked the world at Comic-Con when Mahershala Ali was announced as the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Blade. Ali takes over for Wesley Snipes, who played the Daywalker in the original trilogy. ComicBook.com has obtained a statement from Snipes, telling fans of his to "chillaaxx" and embrace the new casting.

“To all the DAYWALKERS losing their minds right now, chillaaxx. Although the news comes as a surprise, it’s ALL GOOD. Such is the ‘business’ of ‘entertainment!’ Much peace to the MCU crew - always a fan," Snipes says. "Honor and respect to the grandmaster Stan. Congratulations and Salaam to Mahershala Ali, a beautiful and talented artist whose expressions I look forward to experiencing for many years to come. Inshallah, we will someday work together. Most importantly to my loyal fans, the incredible outpouring of love is overwhelming. I am grateful for the never-ending support. So, ‘nah fret nah worry, it’s not de end of de story.’ Welcome to the Daywalker Klique.”

I hope they go the more monstrous vampires route instead of just dudes with fangs. Also helps maintain the PG-13 rating when you're decapitating monsters.

Hopefully Wesley lands a role in the movie as well.

The fact the Marvel could land Ali after the disgraceful way they treated him in Luke Cage j/k lol

Man never would I have imagined he would accept this after the second Oscar but I'm glad I was wrong
Snipes deserves a role in this

Should the try to mimic the leather trench coat with sunglasses look? Feel like Snipes owned that look so well, they shouldn’t try to recreate it.

Should the try to mimic the leather trench coat with sunglasses look? Feel like Snipes owned that look so well, they shouldn’t try to recreate it.

My vote is no. The laconic black leather wearing half-vampire martial artist version of Blade was (mostly) created by and for Mr. Snipes. There's room to update the character for Mr. Ali without completely turning off fans of the original series.

What about Snipes as whistler?
That would be cool. IMHO, Snipes was the definition of swagger as Blade. It's going to be hard for anyone to live up to him as Blade. Ali is the only one I trust to get close.

Andre Holland needs to be in this. or anywhere in the MCU.

As much as I want the OG wesley in the MCU, I dont want to put him in the Whistler role because it would take away from Mahershela's take.

A
My vote is no. The laconic black leather wearing half-vampire martial artist version of Blade was (mostly) created by and for Mr. Snipes. There's room to update the character for Mr. Ali without completely turning off fans of the original series.

As I've said elsewhere Ali, with his recent breakthrough roles within the last few years, seems to be superb at playing intimidating men who turn out to be more surprisingly human and vulnerable than expected. Dare I say it I can see Ali play the tragedy that fuels the character,a man who is isolated from humanity yet despises his vampire heritage, far better than Wes did.

They should include this song in the MCU Blade

Blood Rave...the song they played in the original 1998 Blade when the bloodbath happens and Blade makes his entrance into the vampire nightclub

That should be Blade's theme song

Really hoping this is the launch of the Marvel Knights imprint of the MCU. Blade should be Rated R. Not everything has to necessary be connected. I have no need for Blade to team up with Captain Marvel or be in an Avengers movie. Marvel Knights can be mid budget films so that the R rating can be profitable. Blade, Moon Knight, Deadpool and Ghost Rider can all be part of the imprint.

Some mother****ers always tryin to ice skate uphill

Hope they give Blade famous one liners like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"