Blade Official Blade General Discussion and Speculation Thread!

Glad the Daywalker is coming back, love the Blade movies even 3 is a guilty pleasure in all its cheesiness.

Hope they make Ali's Blade similar to Snipes in the sense of his Blade just being a badass with his personality but also giving him one liners of his own would be a start

He should be athletic like Wesley Snipes. When I think of Mahershala I think of slim and sleek elegance

I wonder if they would make these have an R rating or not?

I think Blade goes PG-13 under the MCU banner

I hope they give Blade some aspects that were there in the comics BEFORE the Snipes version became the default setting for the character.

Things like the U.K. origin or having the African jazz musician mentor in vampire hunting. I kinda DON'T want to just see Ali doing a gloss on Snipes' Blade.

I hope they give Blade some aspects that were there in the comics BEFORE the Snipes version became the default setting for the character.

Things like the U.K. origin or having the African jazz musician mentor in vampire hunting. I kinda DON'T want to just see Ali doing a gloss on Snipes' Blade.
I think they'll make changes to differentiate him from Snipes version. I know a lot of people wanted a British Blade for a while and I guess they could still keep the U.K. origin. The musician mentor thing would be really cool to see.

I have a feeling the origin will be a little different too. Blade being born in a w***ehouse might not be mentioned.

I think they'll make changes to differentiate him from Snipes version. I know a lot of people wanted a British Blade for a while and I guess they could still keep the U.K. origin. The musician mentor thing would be really cool to see.

I have a feeling the origin will be a little different too. Blade being born in a w***ehouse might not be mentioned.

Yeah the birthed in a brothel thing probably wouldn't fly. That said, IF this gets an R rating...

Really hope we get more news on this soon, definitely the most exciting thing on Marvel's plate right now for me.

I've argued for a few years that it would be nice to see Blade with an English origin, but my gut says with them casting someone similar to Snipes we can kiss that goodbye.

You never know though, maybe they sneak in English origin and don't bother with an accent by saying he travelled the world from an early age as an excuse. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

This better have a 100 million+ dollar budget and rated R.

Who should be the villain? Since most likely the reboot will be an origin film it has to be Frost

Who should be the villain? Since most likely the reboot will be an origin film it has to be Frost
Lilith, we need a kickass female villain like Hela was. Plus it would be a good setup to a possible showdown with Dracula (Hopefully done justice this time around)

I hope the action is really badass and well choreographed. That's the minimum I'm hoping for the film - because freaking vampires.

I’m going out on a limb to predict this could be set within the five snapped years. You know what weren’t snapped away? Things that are already dead. This would provide a good backdrop for a sudden rise of paranormal creatures who wreck havoc in the earthly world and someone who sets out to slay them but doesn’t care for the alien invasion. It could be a pretty gloomy dark setting.

I’m going out on a limb to predict this could be set within the five snapped years. You know what weren’t snapped away? Things that are already dead. This would provide a good backdrop for a sudden rise of paranormal creatures who wreck havoc in the earthly world and someone who sets out to slay them but doesn’t care for the alien invasion. It could be a pretty gloomy dark setting.
As neat a concept as that is, it would depend on whether MCU Vampires are considered dead, or mutations of some sort. It's not like we're talking about zombies here. :p

I have feeling, that the early announcement for Mahersalahs casting means, that he‘ll show up in another movie first.
Maybe Multiverse of Madness or the Moon Knight series

I wonder if Blades team the Nightstalkers will show up.

They did a version of them in Blade Trinity with Ryan Reynolds as vampire detective Hannibal King and Whistler's daughter instead of vampire hunting Dracula descendant Frank Drake.
Perhaps Frost.

I would like to see Varnae vampire lord and predecessor of Dracula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"