Blade Official Blade General Discussion and Speculation Thread!

At this point if they still can't figure out this in the coming months. Put it in the back burner and put their resources to the 2 Avengers movies, Shang Chi 2 and threequels for BP/Strange instead - whichever of those are supposed to come out in 2026. Those are more important than a Blade reboot imo.

Ali's already gonna be hitting his 50s by the time the movie finally drops IF that date holds!

Ali's already gonna be hitting his 50s by the time the movie finally drops IF that date holds!
This is the problem when you hire somebody for a film role, when the film that the actor is supposed to appear in, doesn't even a working script yet if I'm not mistaken.

They announced him way back in 2019, back then there were no Captain America 4, Thunderbolts and the other Disney+ shows.

What if the actor suddenly gets another acting gig that Marvel would have to wait again, just like with the strikes/pandemic.

I honestly already thought Ali would be wasted here, but man they're putting him through the ringer

Blade probably be released after Covid part 2 and WW3

Lets not...

I think Marvel Studios should pause this and Thunderbolts for a while, like 5 years. Releasing them in 2025 or 2026, and only for them to just end up getting similar number like The Marvels (if not lower) would be such a waste of effort, time and money.

great…he said something similar in 2019

I hope Elsa Bloodstone is in this.

Now the project seems to be rolling toward production again – and industry scooper Daniel Richtman has revealed some details. According to his Patreon report, Blade is an R-rated period piece that will tell the story of “Lilith going after Blade’s daughter’s blood to create an army of Daywalkers.” Lilith’s weapon will apparently be the Ebony Blade, which was previously featured in Eternals.

I just don't understand why they need to have Blade's daughter in his first MCU film. And the daughter seems to play a big role in the conflict unlike with Scott Lang's daughter in the first Ant-Man film.

This seems like an eXcuse to have Blade's daughter appear in a Young Avengers movie which isn't really eXciting imo.

I just don't understand why they need to have Blade's daughter in his first MCU film. And the daughter seems to play a big role in the conflict unlike with Scott Lang's daughter in the first Ant-Man film.

This seems like an eXcuse to have Blade's daughter appear in a Young Avengers movie which isn't really eXciting imo.
Cause he's old

He wasn't 50 when he was cast lol. And even if they'd chosen a younger actor, that doesn't mean the daughter would be eliminated. Blade as a character is older than he appears (or I should say that could be the case, since who knows what comic elements they will or will not keep).

- Marvel production line 'volume' slowdown and reduction according to Disney CEO Bob Iger
- Mahershala Ali was cast five years ago, rumors have swirled off and on that he's been thinking about leaving the project at various times.
- Getting Blade's daughter up and running appears to be a company priority to replace/supplant Blade as quickly as possible. The children and younger characters in MCU Phase 4 and 5 have been a studio priority across the board.

Project has things working against it unfortunately. They pretty much have to reverse all three of these things: Disney has to let a Blade movie happen despite their Marvel content reductions, Mahershala Ali has to be happy with the script after waiting five years, and the Blade character has to be the priority for at least one first full movie, and additionally for future appearances.

They need to get back to basics and what worked before, not only for the MCU in its Phase 1 but the first Blade movie, which came out 25 years ago.

He wasn't 50 when he was cast lol. And even if they'd chosen a younger actor, that doesn't mean the daughter would be eliminated. Blade as a character is older than he appears (or I should say that could be the case, since who knows what comic elements they will or will not keep).
Splitting hair and stuff. He was almost 46 when he was cast, production of the movie was originally planned for a 2022 starting date where he would have been 48, and its original release date was autumn 2023, only a handful of months before he'd turn 50.

The point is, while it certainly had quite a few delays, he was always too old for this, especially if they were planning on using him for multiple entries, and if the reason behind bringing his daughter is to replace him in the future, then they should have gone with someone younger in the first place.

Eh, you obviously have the right to your opinion that he is too old. "Dude in his 40s cast in a marvel movie" is nothing new. Iron Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man were all played by guys in their 40s in the first movie. Reed and Ben are being played by guys already in their 40s, and Pascal will be in his 50s if/when a sequel gets made.

Eh, you obviously have the right to your opinion that he is too old. "Dude in his 40s cast in a marvel movie" is nothing new. Iron Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man were all played by guys in their 40s in the first movie. Reed and Ben are being played by guys already in their 40s, and Pascal will be in his 50s if/when a sequel gets made.
Half of the guys you are listing were literally 10 years younger than what Ali will be when Blade gets released. It also depends on the character. Blade is a martial arts guy who does hand to hand combat and sword fighting, not a guy in a suit that does all the work.

I thought it was kind of pushing it when it was first announced if they really wanted him to do multiple movies, but now after all these delays that choice is certainly questionable. In any case we'll see how well he manages, but again, if (emphasis on if) Marvel is planning on replacing him soon with his daughter that's when the choice is obviously problematic, hence why I originally commented.

Blade was a martial artist in the Snipes movies because Snipes was a martial artist. The character won't necessarily be that in this version. Also Ali is 50, not 85 lol. He can still pull off action scenes and swordplay.

Blade was a martial artist in the Snipes movies because Snipes was a martial artist. The character won't necessarily be that in this version.
I'm not familiar with older versions of the character, so I don't know if he's the one who started this, but all iterations that I've read in the comics ever since depict him in a similar way.
Also Ali is 50, not 85 lol. He can still pull off action scenes and swordplay.
He's 50 and there's no written script yet. By the time this takes off and if they are planning on keeping him for a while he'll be well into his 60s.
:oldrazz:

And yes, there are big action stars in their 60s, even in their 70s but Ali is not an action star.

Also, per the official wiki page, "Blade is likely at his 70s but he looks like an early 30s or early 40s man". :shrug:

This movie has waited so long to come out that even SHH has given up on it by scrapping its sub-forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"