Guardians of the Galaxy **OFFICIAL** GOTG Vol. 2 SPOILERS Thread

All this time I wasn't sure if Marvel had the rights to the Watchers due to the FF and what not, but they really could've been using them all this time. Was the one Stan talking to Uatu or just a rando?

All this time I wasn't sure if Marvel had the rights to the Watchers due to the FF and what not, but they really could've been using them all this time. Was the one Stan talking to Uatu or just a rando?

I believe just a rando since, apparently Uatu is with Fox

Michelle Yeoh and Ving Rhames cameos had me absolutely gobsmacked. I did not expect those two to be in the film, nor did I expect Stallone's Starhawk to assemble his Guardians of the Galaxy. (Not that I'm particularly knowledgeable about the cosmic side of the MCU that doesn't interact with the X-Men and or Doctor Strange)

But yeah, those were great surprises.
Yeah, I thought Stallone's Starhawk was only a post credit scene. I'm glad there was more than that.

Does Thanos make an appearance or get mentioned in GOTG 2?

They're definitely not the same cocoon. The one shown at the end of this film looks more mechanical and metallic with lots of gold.

My guess is Gunn intended for the cocoon in the Collector's den to be Warlock, but decided against it when he cut him from the sequel.

I think what's cool was that Yondu/Gunn told us at the end the first movie that Quills father was a jackass and he definetly was.

Last edited:
Well, we were expecting it to be J'Son, who is a pretty big ******* in the books.

They're definitely not the same cocoon. The one shown at the end of this film looks more mechanical and metallic with lots of gold.

My guess is Gunn intended for the cocoon in the Collector's den to be Warlock, but decided against it when he cut him from the sequel.

Was the cocoon in the collectors den shown in GOTG? I thought it was only seen in the post credit scene of Thor TDW.

In either case because it's never mentioned what it is, no one will really care. I'm sure people not familiar with the comics are wondering who the hell she's referring to as "Adam".

I basically said out loud, "Adam Warlock, yeah," at my showing, haha. A few nerdy looking dudes obviously got it, but this row of teenage girls was like, "who?"

What I heard was Gunn intended the cocoon in the Collector's vault to be nothing more than a visual easter egg for sharp eyed fans. Nothing more. When he made GOTG 2 he had a different idea for the origin and cocoon of Warlock. So the cocoon in the first movie is irrelevant. Just an easter egg.

I'd honestly have Watched an entire movie of Rocket,Yondu and Baby Groot doing stuff. They were so good together.

I basically said out loud, "Adam Warlock, yeah," at my showing, haha. A few nerdy looking dudes obviously got it, but this row of teenage girls was like, "who?"

Same here and my family give me a funny look when I said it.

I'd honestly have Watched an entire movie of Rocket,Yondu and Baby Groot doing stuff. They were so good together.

:up:

Was listening to a podcast and they enjoyed Nebula and said she would be the one to kill Thanos. So I started thinking, wouldn't it be more impactful if Thanos just destroyed her. Gamora would be devastated after they got this close.

I don't know what is else is there for her once Infinity War is over. Thanos will be dealt with and the Guardians will be going against Warlock.

I would be extremely delighted if two Guardians teams were about to team-up in Infinity War against Thanos. I only wish Vance was in Stallone's group as well.

Was listening to a podcast and they enjoyed Nebula and said she would be the one to kill Thanos. So I started thinking, wouldn't it be more impactful if Thanos just destroyed her. Gamora would be devastated after they got this close.

I don't know what is else is there for her once Infinity War is over. Thanos will be dealt with and the Guardians will be going against Warlock.

My guess is Nebula will play a huge role in Thanos defeat and get destroyed in the process. Making that her ultimate sacrifice. Part of her redemption story.

I would be extremely delighted if two Guardians teams were about to team-up in Infinity War against Thanos. I only wish Vance was in Stallone's group as well.

I am curious about this as well. Vance has been part of the old team and the new one, it seems strange to leave him.

Of course I am bias because he is one of my favourite Guardians, but the point still stands.

I believe just a rando since, apparently Uatu is with Fox

I don't know, I vaguely recall an official listing that had the Watchers, collectively, as one of the confirmed things in the Fantastic Four contract.

Anyway, some things I wonder about:

1. Ego as a Celestial- does this mean that the giant armored critters shown in the past in GOTG1 *aren't* Celestials? Or was Ego just wrong/misinformed/lying about him being the only one of his kind in existence? I mean, note, "lying" is totally an option, since his own conclusion about purpose to existence was "I need to replace everything with myself". Could be the other Celestials just came to different conclusions about their purposes.

2. With the Collector introduced and the Grandmaster coming, I wonder if they will eventually reveal any connection between them? Will the Elders of the Universe actually be a thing, or will they just be unrelated, non-cosmic aliens? I know its unlikely, but I'd be amused if they were revealed to be cousins of Ego, of a similar "species" but not as old and powerful. . . or perhaps something similar to *Peter*, except much older and grown into their own personal power.

3. The Ravagers- my theory? The mainstream Ravagers started out as, and probably largely remain, anti-Kree privateers and freedom fighters. They are rogues and pirates, but the more decent and heroic type, as compared with Yondu's fallen ones who were much more amoral and selfish. After all, the Kree Empire was ( and apparently still is ) pretty terrible, and until very recently was at war with Xandar ( and likely much of the rest of space ). Seems the perfect fodder for a heroic lawbreaker set to arise.

I wonder that myself. I would think they were literally since Peter had stars in his eyes at the time
I believe it was Eternity as well. They have to build up the thought of these cosmic beings for the Thanos fight.

I think Nebula will make a move to try and kill him but won't succeed. I just don't see them giving her the killing blow. I also don't see Thanos being killed off after 1-2 movies. They are bringing Warlock in too so those two need to have some conversations and battles like the comics.

So, I'm confused about the nature of Peter's powers. I recall Ego saying something along the lines that if he died Peter would be normal, but at the same time the whole point of Ego having all those children was that he needed more power in order to complete his plan. Does Peter still have power inside of him that he's just too unskilled to use or did his power completely disappear? If his power is completely gone could he still hold an infinity stone because of his genetics allowing him to handle large amounts of power or was it the dormant power that kept him from being destroyed?

So, I'm confused about the nature of Peter's powers. I recall Ego saying something along the lines that if he died Peter would be normal, but at the same time the whole point of Ego having all those children was that he needed more power in order to complete his plan. Does Peter still have power inside of him that he's just too unskilled to use or did his power completely disappear? If his power is completely gone could he still hold an infinity stone because of his genetics allowing him to handle large amounts of power or was it the dormant power that kept him from being destroyed?

In my Opinion he dont have Special powers anymore because his energy resource is gone. But I could imagine he can still hold an Infinity Stone, because his genetics didnt have Change.

See that's the thing though Ego was using Peter to supplement his power so I don't understand why Peter's power would disappear with Ego dying.

Also, while we're sort of on the subject. Are some of the infinity stones more powerful than others? Because the Aether was killing Jane a lot more slowly than the Orb or the Tesseract killed people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"