Iron Man 3 Official rate & review IRON MAN 3 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the film for the first time tonight, and my initial reaction is that, it was an action packed ride , and the movie moved along at a nice pace, there were no long ,drawn out, boring sequences. Everything in the story seemed to fit together nicely. I thought the part where he meets the kid at the beginning of the movie was a nice touch that added a really nice heartfelt element to the movie.

I didn't care for the way Mandarin was portrayed in this movie, and it was a tremendously wasted opportunity to have done something more bold and audacious with one of Iron Man's more formidable villains so - 100 pts there.

Guys pierce as the primary villain... just left me very bland and wanting for something more.

This was the weakest of the three films in the trilogy, but it was still enjoyable enough, in a summer action flick type of way, that I would recommend it to others. Would not recommend this to the hardcore iron man enthusiasts out there, who will no doubt slander this film and condemn it for years to come just on the basis of the treatment that Mandarin received.

Final score -- 7/10

Was left wondering what they intend to do with Robert Downey Jr. after watching the ENTIRETY of the film. I have a suspicion he may go another round or two.

I don't care about the source material at all I just thought the movie was stupid boring. IF I ever watch the movie again I am going to be bored out of my mind until the final scene only to be pissed off with how the villain is beaten

5/10 for me

I don't care about the source material at all I just thought the movie was stupid boring. IF I ever watch the movie again I am going to be bored out of my mind until the final scene only to be pissed off with how the villain is beaten

5/10 for me

:huh:

To me it was the cleverest Marvel film yet. People obviously loved it.

I know people love it, that is old news. Stark Trek Into Darkness is so much better than Iron Man 3, it destroys it in the goodness department big time, I think. STID deserves repeat viewings because it's that damn good.

Last edited:
I know people love it, that is old news. Stark Trek Into Darkness is so much better than Iron Man 3, it destroys it in the goodness department big time, I think. STID deserves repeat viewings because it's that damn good.

"STARK Trek....?" :word:

What's the purpose of you saying this?

^I felt like throwing it out there. You sound butt hurt, I'm not a blind Iron Man fan btw.

Last edited:
^I felt like throwing it out there. You sound butt hurt, I'm not a blind Iron Man fan btw.
Quit throwing that term out there; it makes you sound like you're trolling.

Last edited:

Lol wut :huh:

As you can see from my avy AND username I'm clearly a Thor fan not an Iron Man fan. How do I sound ******** for asking why you came in a forum for one film and randomly announced another film was better?

I'm not being trolled am I?

Quit throwing that term out there; it makes you sound like your trolling.

If not praising Iron Man 3 is trolling, then I'm not the only one associated with that, there are others who have done the same thing.

Lol wut :huh:

As you can see from my avy AND username I'm clearly a Thor fan not an Iron Man fan. How do I sound ******** for asking why you came in a forum for one film and randomly announced another film was better?

I'm not being trolled am I?

You're not an Iron Man fan? I'm not buying that. One you're in here, and two, Iron Man is a part of your signature. Third of all, I already knew that you're a Thor fan.

If not praising Iron Man 3 is trolling, then I'm not the only one associated with that, there are others who have done the same thing.
It's throwing the term "butt hurt" out any time someone doesn't like your opinion. It has to be the stupidest (and trolliest) thing someone can pull out in a discussion.

You're not an Iron Man fan? I'm not buying that. One you're in here, and two, Iron Man is a part of your signature. Third of all, I already knew that you're a Thor fan.

I'm pretty sure his name is in my quote because I listed EACH Avengers member. Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that picks out one point in people's post instead of responding to it's entirety.

Just because I have some interest in IM and his films doesn't make me an IM fan, I could just be a fan of the MCU as a whole. However you would never know because you're too busy assuming everything and getting defensive over a simple question.

It's throwing the term "butt hurt" out any time someone doesn't like your opinion. It has to be the stupidest (and trolliest) thing someone can pull out in a discussion.

I didn't even disagree with his opinion, all I did was ask why he said what he said. I still haven't seen Star Trek nor do I plan too, it just seemed odd that he would just say "Star Trek's better" out of nowhere.

What in the hell is going on here?

I'm pretty sure his name is in my quote because I listed EACH Avengers member. Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that picks out one point in people's post instead of responding to it's entirety.

Just because I have some interest in IM and his films doesn't make me an IM fan, I could just be a fan of the MCU as a whole. However you would never know because you're too busy assuming everything and getting defensive over a simple question.

I didn't even disagree with his opinion, all I did was ask why he said what he said. I still haven't seen Star Trek nor do I plan too, it just seemed odd that he would just say "Star Trek's better" out of nowhere.

What in the hell is going on here?
I didn't get why he said that either. Seems sort of like a trolling comment to pull that out in this thread with no warning.

No, but we have a Star Trek forum if you want to praise that movie.

I would suggest not calling anyone "butt hurt" in any of these forums, though.

I come to check the IM3 boards and I'm quickly reminded why I left here after the movie came out... haha

No, but we have a Star Trek forum if you want to praise that movie.

I would suggest not calling anyone "butt hurt" in any of these forums, though.

Especially when all that person did was ask a question, no disagreements no name calling nothing.

I come to check the IM3 boards and I'm quickly reminded why I left here after the movie came out... haha

I know the feeling. This forum became kind of toxic when IM3 opened in the OS markets, with an influx of negativity. People disliking the film is fine, but a lot of the posts have been way over the top.

The lack of simple plot comprehension skills in this forum is mindblowing. There is nothing wrong with not liking the movie, hell there is nothing wrong with actively hating on the movie, but when the hate-posts reveal a blatant failure to understand each and every one of the plot points, it becomes ridiculous.

1 - Killian did NOT spend 13 years hating on Tony. Killian had a revelation regarding the benefits of being faceless on that Bern roof, and then proceeded to happily ignore Stark´s hide. The reason for the Malibu attack was Stark´s angry challenging of him on national TV after Happy became a casual victim of an Extremis explosion. Even after Killian caught Stark, he just wanted to use him (instead of a compromised-then-dead Maya), with some goading thrown in almost as an afterthought. The guy wanted money and shadow power, which actually ties in with him being a somewhat bland, non-threatening business type. History shows us these are often the worst.

2 - IF there ever had been a real Kingsley!Mandarin terrorist, why on Earth would he suddenly start spewing random desires to break down Tony Stark, run him to the ground, and psychologically destroy him? What´s in it for him? Who does that? Such a motivation is not a motivation at all, it´s a badly cliched McGuffin from the 90ies at best.

3 - As a matter of fact, neither Mandarin nor Killian are were the real adversaries for Tony in this movie. The thing that was psychologically destroying him and throwing him back into the metaphorical cave was his obsession with keeping up with his heroic Ironman alter ego, and fear for his loved ones. The lesson learned at the end of the movie was twofold: 1) his suits were his accesories, not his alter egos, 2) his loved ones were perfectly able to stand up for themselves.

4 - I am sorry that the Mandarin´s brilliant political satire either went over people´s heads or they actively closed their ears and chanted a la-la-la song until the next action set appeared on screen. Be as it may, one´s desire for a movie to NOT have any depth is not something that I would be advertising if I wanted my reviews to be taken seriously.

5 - The amount of mysoginistic hating on a female character for having a active role in the 3rd act is repulsive. It´s 2013, folks: the bra comments are getting mighty old.

6 - Tony was able to remove the arc reactor because he harnessed Extremis, a healing enhancement. Him harnessing Extremis was a major movie plot point. Next.

All that said, people who legitimately hated the movie, the twist, the humor are welcome, really. To each their own. Just please do not list all the supposed "plotholes" and "failures" that only highlight the fact that - in your legitimately bad movie experience - you have not been paying the due attention.

1368351841_applause-gif-3_zpsa5ed13e6.gif

Bravo, matarreyes. You win One (1) Internet. :)

I disagree. IM3 pulls some BS and for that I knock it to the bottom of the MCU films, but on the whole it's still good and they have left themselves a window to 'correct' that BS part I mentioned should they be wise enough to do so(I hope). But STiD's BS at the end can't be taken back or retconned. It sucks.

Which film people enjoy more is a matter of preference. I would put STID slightly above IM3 only because I wished there was more of Tony in the suit in IM3. However I felt the story of IM3 is more solid that STID, which used what I now call the "Spock Ex Machina" as a plot resolution.

Visually I love STID, but it doesn't come anywhere close to say Avengers in terms of scope and story.

It shows what a great script writer Joss Whedon was to involve all those characters and each one has their own story arc, and has a moment to shine in the sun. STID focuses on Kirk and Spock and everyone else is window dressing. I was very disappointed that they've relegated Bones to delivering one liners and doing little else.

I'm not sure I know what BS was in either story, other than perhaps the parallel of Aldrich Killian to John Harrison and the "reveals" in both stories. I thought both were handled well, but that's just my opinion. I did appreciate that I stayed away from the STID spoilers which made that "reveal" more pleasing. Unfortunately all the people who saw IM3 overseas first felt the need to openly spoil the plot of the movie. And the few posters that did that are no longer posting here.

By BS for both films I am referring to the [BLACKOUT]Mandarin mishandling in IM3(I will never except Guy McBlandsville Pierce as the Mandarin) and in STiD it wasn't that Cumberbatch was Khan(though I did :whatever: at the obviousness of such a choice for their 2nd movie) but rather the dying scene from WoK getting ripped off with just a fipping of who dies. At that point the movie lost me completely. It's fan service gone too far.

The REAL Mandarin could still exist and Killian was just clueless about it. But What they did in STiD THEY DID, and there's no real way of taking it back.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back