**OFFICIAL** Thor: Love & thunder spoilers thread

Oh yeah, another thing I noticed is that there were at least 3 things from Team: Thor that made it into this movie as canon.
1. Darryl
2. "Nick Furry"
3. Mjolnir being tucked into a small "bed" with a blanket over it.

The shorts still don't make sense as canon of course (for example with Bruce Banner being there at the time Civil War takes place), but I found it interesting that several jokes from that short made it into the actual movie.

Top 10 LOL moments :D
- Thor “returning” the Milano
- The introduction of the goats
- The goats crashing face first into the moon.
- “For a limited time only”
- Zeus explaining where the stage was.
- Stormbreaker sliding into frame.
- “I’ve been looking for you…”
- “When you call a dentist”
- “Those where the dark ages”
- “Your arm is in Valhalla”

Humor is so subjective but these things cracked me up. I’m sure there where other funny instances but I don’t recall them just now.

- He’s able to enchant Mjolnir as Odin once did.
- He can grant his power to others.
- He’s has honed the power up ability and uses it more and better than before.
- He’s more prolific in battle. A 1 man army.
- He uses a wider range of moves.
- With the right incentive his power level jumps a few levels and is able to one shot and wreck even the most powerful of foes.

This sounds nice but for me, and maybe some others,

feats determine power buffs. In addition to his magical abilities such as enchantment, what sort of feats does he display that indicates a power up? You mention he can power up, and one shot does, but unless those foes establish a clear baseline of powerful showings of their own, powering up and one ****ting fodder is just plot, rather than an increase in power. We've seen Scarlett Witch become more powerful by feats...Iron man too...does Thor show any destructive or offensive feats of power superior to what we've seen?

Because based on what I'm seeing, unless he has a specific feat superior to one shotting Hela briefly like he did in Ragnarok, or destroying Sokovia, it sounds like to me, Thor got more powers, but didn't actually do anything he wasn't capable of before. New abilities =/= an increase in power. So if you don't mind, can you reference anything specific that may scale to his more impressive showings?

Thanks!

This sounds nice but for me, and maybe some others,

feats determine power buffs. In addition to his magical abilities such as enchantment, what sort of feats does he display that indicates a power up? You mention he can power up, and one shot does, but unless those foes establish a clear baseline of powerful showings of their own, powering up and one ****ting fodder is just plot, rather than an increase in power. We've seen Scarlett Witch become more powerful by feats...Iron man too...does Thor show any destructive or offensive feats of power superior to what we've seen?

Because based on what I'm seeing, unless he has a specific feat superior to one shotting Hela briefly like he did in Ragnarok, or destroying Sokovia, it sounds like to me, Thor got more powers, but didn't actually do anything he wasn't capable of before. New abilities =/= an increase in power. So if you don't mind, can you reference anything specific that may scale to his more impressive showings?

Thanks!
In terms of feats:

- Thor singlehanded took care of an invading alien army with advanced alien tech, vehicles and weapons. Similar to a mix between how Hela disposed of the Asgardian army and when Thor was wrecking everyone and everything in Wakanda, effortlessly flying through spaceships…

- Thor was much more physical in this as well, punching, kicking, lifting stuff, flying, hand to hand combat… a lot of it when powered up as well.

- Thor one shot Zeus. And unarmed, completely manhandled a lot of the guards.

- Thor powered up and freed from Gorr’s grip a few times. One in particular he freed everyone with a one shot type of move similar to how he did with Hela, this time he fractured a moon…

- Thor fought and hold his own against a super powered Gorr with the All Black, who was skilled, fast and very powerful.

There was a lot other stuff with Stormbreaker and even Mjolnir pulled some feats with Mighty Thor which can be considered as Thor feats as well since he eventually becomes the wielder of Mjolnir once again and he could in theory basically perform the same stuff.
I would like to watch it again. Then I could also give more details and likely could remember more stuff as well.

The scene where Thor enchants the kids with with his powers I was expecting it to be cheesy and corny but boooyyyyy I was wrong. That scene had me grinning, the soundtrack, the visuals and if those kids did some of those stunts. Fair play. But yeah. That was siiiiccckkk

The scene where Thor enchants the kids with with his powers I was expecting it to be cheesy and corny but boooyyyyy I was wrong. That scene had me grinning, the soundtrack, the visuals and if those kids did some of those stunts. Fair play. But yeah. That was siiiiccckkk
Yeh I thought it was really cool too. A nice touch.

It was a very similar scene to the Led Zeppelin/bridge scene in Ragnarok. That “for a limited time only” quote before they got their powers was so funny to me.

And Thor basically protected all the kids with the enchantment, instead of them being helpless in a corner, they were doing their best to repel the shadow creatures with the power of Thor. So cool that Thor basically became Odin in that moment.

Also the explanation behind Jane worthiness made a ton of sense to me. Thor inadvertently enchanted Mjolnir to keep Jane safe and the kids scene perfectly ties a bow in how that sort of things work and that Thor now knows he’s able to do it as well as Odin once did.

No he doesn't, he looks like classic Marvel "Prince of Power Hercules" complete with the metal head band, the straps across his chest, the skirt like shorts, and magical mace.

He looks freakin' awesome,
super accurate comic adaptation except even cooler looking with more gold.
Yeah, looked great. Can't wait to hear where he might be involved next.

There was a big reaction when the post credits scene played out…

I heard good things about the actor but I don’t really know him or his work.

Also that’s as comic book accurate as it gets. With the mace, the gold, green, brown, the “tiara”… Should be a lot of fun to him bounce off Thor knowing what we know from the comics. :D

We better get that arm wrestling match from the comics that almost threw earth off it's axis.

who was the actor of Gorrs god, that he killed in the oasis at the beginning?
Was sure no unknown actor.

No clue but he sort of looked familiar.

I loved that they actually gave Gorr that moment with his kid in the desert. As tragic as it was it was something from the comics that was so well done there and I do feel like they did it justice here too.

It’s a powerful statement when establishing a character that will turn villainous. That’s one of the reasons why Gorr is such a great villain in my book.

That casting for
Hercules

is again spot on…why did I never thought about him. I wanted him in the MCU since last year

Whoever thought of the idea of turning Stormbreaker into a jealous girlfriend deserves a raise.

That stuff was so freaking funny to me. Laughed my ass of every time. The sound it made and how it ominously hovered into frame was comedic gold.
:D

I thought that was one the most stupidest concepts in all MCU movies…really annoyed me

In general I thought the humor was to forced like it was in GotG Vol 2.
I giggled a lot, but nothing really cracked me up like the jokes in Ragnarok did…ok the „the old times“ was funny, but also dark

I loved that they actually gave Gorr that moment with his kid in the desert. As tragic as it was it was something from the comics that was so well done there and I do feel like they did it justice here too.

It’s a powerful statement when establishing a character that will turn villainous. That’s one of the reasons why Gorr is such a great villain in my book.
Yeah great background from the off that.

Whoever thought of the idea of turning Stormbreaker into a jealous girlfriend deserves a raise.

That stuff was so freaking funny to me. Laughed my ass of every time. The sound it made and how it ominously hovered into frame was comedic gold.
Haha, yeah I did love that.

At the end when Mighty Thor decides to rejoin the fight, how does she get to where Thor and Gorr are fighting?

She only has Mjionir and Pegasus; and Thor had to transport there using Zeus’ Thunderbolt since Gorr had stolen Stormbreaker to open the gate to Eternity.

Other than that minor continuity nitpick, this movie was excellent.

Last edited:
At the end when Mighty Thor decides to rejoin the fight, how does she get to where Thor and Gorr are fighting?

She only has Mjionir and Pegasus; and Thor had to transport there using Zeus’ Thunderbolt since Gorr had stolen Stormbreaker to open the gate to Eternity.

I don't remember what's been said in previous movies, but Thor makes a remark in this one about Valkyrie and her portal-traveling horse.

I think it was Jonny Brugh, who played one of the main vampires in the What We Do In The Shadows movie with Taika and Jemaine.

No clue but he sort of looked familiar.
I think it was Jonny Brugh, who played one of the main vampires in the What We Do In The Shadows movie with Taika and Jemaine.

Yes, he played the God named “Rapu”, who was his first kill when he acquired the Necrosword.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Brugh

Is it really sentient tho? It was funny af.:funny:

Yes, he played the God named “Rapu”, who was his first kill when he acquired the Necrosword.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Brugh
Ohh Deacon! I knew he looked familiar but could put my finger on it.

wwdits-deacon.gif

Isn’t it established earlier on that Valkyrie can also open portals with her Pegasus to teleport where she needs to go, as they do in Ragnarok in the Hela flashback scene, we see it in the New Asgard battle and they, Thor, Jane and Valkyrie even discuss using it in the town hall meeting with Thor joking something about her portals being tinny or something.

Is it really sentient tho? It was funny af.:funny:
Don’t know. :D
But it seems that both Mjolnir and specially Stormbreaker have some level of sentience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"