Official UFC Thread - Part 8

Perry not getting a fight for the foreseeable future after smacking the old dude.

20lbs weight cut in 6 days. That's some serious "I know my body" type of belief right there.
Did you hear Stephen A Smith? “I keep hearing something about 20lbs so what have you got to gain 20lbs or lose 20lbs”:funny:

Eff it, I'm going to go ahead and make my official prediction Jorge Masvidal. KO's Marty in the 2nd

Last edited:
Perry not getting a fight for the foreseeable future after smacking the old dude.

Did you hear Stephen A Smith? “I keep hearing something about 20lbs so what have you got to gain 20lbs or lose 20lbs”:funny:

That and the racism.

How is Stephen A's takes getting worse since he started technically covering MMA? :funny:

Reactions: B
Eff it, I'm going to go ahead and make my official prediction Jorge Masvidal. KO's Marty in the 2nd
My predictions:
Usman
Volk
Aldo
Andrade
Ribas (but I will be cheering for Paige)

I don't know who is going to win, but I am really excited to see the entire card. Should be great.

Stephen A covering MMA is cringeworthy yet hilarious.

Will never forget him trying to out-opinion Joe Rogan during UFC 246 will always be a riot.

My picks:
Masvidal (total homer pick but will not be surprised if Usman wins)
Holloway
Yan
Rose McGowan i mean Namanjunas
Ribas

Shutout for Usman.
I thought Jorge won round one, but I feel like the rest of the fight went as I expected.

A lot of talk about Volk/Holloway being a robbery, but I don't see it at all. I feel like the first two, Max definitely one, while Volk definitely won the last two. Meaning the the third round was the decider. I personally had it even, and the fight a draw, but I can also see it going either way. If Max had got the decision, I wouldn't have complained, same with Volk getting it.

If that was Aldo's last fight, he went out like a warrior. Still it hurt to see those last two rounds.

Rose was very lucky that was a 3 round fight! :D

I adore Paige, but she doesn't seem cutout to be a real competitor, at least not right now. She's probably gone after this.

That and the racism.

How is Stephen A's takes getting worse since he started technically covering MMA? :funny:

Why what did he say now?

I do like Stephen A Smith for the most part I occasionally watch First Take segments on the NFL & NBA on Youtube during the seasons although I'm personally more of a Skip & Shannon kinda guy. However I've only heard Stephen A talk 2 or 3 times on MMA & his takes regarding the sport & certain fighters have been pretty garbage if I'm honest.

I thought Jorge won round one, but I feel like the rest of the fight went as I expected.

A lot of talk about Volk/Holloway being a robbery, but I don't see it at all. I feel like the first two, Max definitely one, while Volk definitely won the last two. Meaning the the third round was the decider. I personally had it even, and the fight a draw, but I can also see it going either way. If Max had got the decision, I wouldn't have complained, same with Volk getting it.

If that was Aldo's last fight, he went out like a warrior. Still it hurt to see those last two rounds.

Rose was very lucky that was a 3 round fight! :D

I adore Paige, but she doesn't seem cutout to be a real competitor, at least not right now. She's probably gone after this.

I think it was pretty evident how little preparation Jorge had for the fight, he seemed to be breathing heavily by the end of the 1st round & as the fight went on he got slower & slower. It's a shame they made that on such short notice because even with little prep Usman did struggle to get him down & keep him down.

The 3rd round in the Volk/Holloway fight was for sure the decider as I believe Max for sure won the 1st 2 rounds & Volk the last 2 & I believe most MMA outlets had it scored as such. 3rd was close I thought Max did just enough though but would I go as far as to calling it a robbery? No, it was just a close decision lose.

IMO Aldo should have retired after the 2nd Holloway fight. He has not been the same fighter since the McGregor KO & then after Max beat him down twice, he should have just called it quits. Nothing more to prove & he'll go down to arguably the greatest FW Champion of all time given how long he held the title for before he lost it to Conor. Some of his fights since have been hard to watch.

Props to Usman on the win. I thought he might get drawn into standing more, but after rd 1 he stuck to the gameplan and got it done.

I think it was pretty evident how little preparation Jorge had for the fight, he seemed to be breathing heavily by the end of the 1st round & as the fight went on he got slower & slower. It's a shame they made that on such short notice because even with little prep Usman did struggle to get him down & keep him down.

The 3rd round in the Volk/Holloway fight was for sure the decider as I believe Max for sure won the 1st 2 rounds & Volk the last 2 & I believe most MMA outlets had it scored as such. 3rd was close I thought Max did just enough though but would I go as far as to calling it a robbery? No, it was just a close decision lose.

IMO Aldo should have retired after the 2nd Holloway fight. He has not been the same fighter since the McGregor KO & then after Max beat him down twice, he should have just called it quits. Nothing more to prove & he'll go down to arguably the greatest FW Champion of all time given how long he held the title for before he lost it to Conor. Some of his fights since have been hard to watch.
There was nothing about Usman/Jorge that indicates a full camp would have helped Jorge imo. Because once Usman started putting him on the cage, Jorge couldn't do anything, and no matter how long his camp was, he was going to gas. Because a much bigger, stronger dude was riding him. It was so bad, he faked a low blow. :hehe:

:up:

I don't know Aldo's financial situation, but if a guy wants to keep fighting, I think he should do what he wants if he is medically cleared. You are only young enough to do this for a certain amount of time, so I can understand these guys holding on.

Props to Usman on the win. I thought he might get drawn into standing more, but after rd 1 he stuck to the gameplan and got it done.
Considering how emotionally he fought against Colby, it was fair to think that might happen. Not a lot of GSP out there. Guys who know how to remove the emotions from the situation and do what they have to do.

Actually surprised that Rose would fight in during a pandemic when she lost a loved one because of it.

Considering how emotionally he fought against Colby, it was fair to think that might happen. Not a lot of GSP out there. Guys who know how to remove the emotions from the situation and do what they have to do.

That's a fact, dude's mentally and physically tough to the nth degree.

Regardless of familiarity, it might be more of the same for Gilbert...

There was nothing about Usman/Jorge that indicates a full camp would have helped Jorge imo. Because once Usman started putting him on the cage, Jorge couldn't do anything, and no matter how long his camp was, he was going to gas. Because a much bigger, stronger dude was riding him. It was so bad, he faked a low blow. :hehe:

:up:

I don't know Aldo's financial situation, but if a guy wants to keep fighting, I think he should do what he wants if he is medically cleared. You are only young enough to do this for a certain amount of time, so I can understand these guys holding on.

Having his normal gas tank alone would aid him significantly due to the fact that Usman's such a big, muscular WW that he'll tired out quicker than Jorge will. He's got somewhat of a Bisping or Diaz type quality in fights in that he can keep a steady constant pace in fights that some fighters struggle to live with. Jorge was so tired by about the 3rd round Usman was practically standing in front of him. I still think Usman probably wins but I for sure think Jorge could make it a lot more competitive with a full training camp.

I think it gets to a point that guys need to have guys in their camp or corner that will have a quiet word, or even Dana himself which I believe he has done in the past.. at least he did with BJ & Chuck, I'm sure there have been others.

I'd like to see him retire, he's nothing to prove, he'll go down in most people's top 20, maybe even some top 10 All-Time. IMO All he's doing now is hurting his legacy at least in my own eyes anyway by continuing to take these sorts of beatdowns. Walk away while you've still got all your faculties intact.

Why what did he say now?

I do like Stephen A Smith for the most part I occasionally watch First Take segments on the NFL & NBA on Youtube during the seasons although I'm personally more of a Skip & Shannon kinda guy. However I've only heard Stephen A talk 2 or 3 times on MMA & his takes regarding the sport & certain fighters have been pretty garbage if I'm honest.

He asked Jorge as he had heard mention of something to do with 20lbs so he asked him if he needed to gain or lose 20lbs in 6 days. I really hadn’t heard much of him before the ufc stuff but doesn’t he also cover boxing? Feel like anybody who has worked in boxing with even a shred of common sense knows with about 99% certainty that fighters gaining 20lbs in 6 days is pretty much unheard of while cutting 20lbs probably happens on every card.

From everything I hear people love him when he covers NBA & NFL but why they continue to push him in the UFC when he seems to have next to no grasp of the sport itself and the fan base mostly seem to hate him is beyond me lol.

He asked Jorge as he had heard mention of something to do with 20lbs so he asked him if he needed to gain or lose 20lbs in 6 days. I really hadn’t heard much of him before the ufc stuff but doesn’t he also cover boxing? Feel like anybody who has worked in boxing with even a shred of common sense knows with about 99% certainty that fighters gaining 20lbs in 6 days is pretty much unheard of while cutting 20lbs probably happens on every card.

From everything I hear people love him when he covers NBA & NFL but why they continue to push him in the UFC when he seems to have next to no grasp of the sport itself and the fan base mostly seem to hate him is beyond me lol.

He doesn't seem like he follows MMA at all nor even boxing that closely, the NBA & NFL it seems like he has a genuine interest in whereas with the combat sports it comes across to me like he's only watching or reporting on them because he's been told to.. and that's not only **** motivation for him, it's **** as a fan watching.

Nothing more to prove & he'll go down to arguably the greatest FW Champion of all time given how long he held the title for before he lost it to Conor. Some of his fights since have been hard to watch.

Yeah this last one chief amongst them. He clearly had no way back into the fight, and I understand he's a prideful legend, but the ref could've saved him a few extra minutes of getting his head beat on. It was horrible to watch.

Having his normal gas tank alone would aid him significantly due to the fact that Usman's such a big, muscular WW that he'll tired out quicker than Jorge will. He's got somewhat of a Bisping or Diaz type quality in fights in that he can keep a steady constant pace in fights that some fighters struggle to live with. Jorge was so tired by about the 3rd round Usman was practically standing in front of him. I still think Usman probably wins but I for sure think Jorge could make it a lot more competitive with a full training camp.

I think it would make somewhat of a difference, even with his lack of prep for this fight he stuffed plenty of takedown attempts.

The main issue is he couldn't keep it in the center of the octagon. Idk if a full camp will help with that or not, but any extended time wrestling with that guy and he's dead in the water.

He doesn't seem like he follows MMA at all nor even boxing that closely, the NBA & NFL it seems like he has a genuine interest in whereas with the combat sports it comes across to me like he's only watching or reporting on them because he's been told to.. and that's not only **** motivation for him, it's **** as a fan watching.

I'll shoot Stephen a little bail here, he's for sure a fan, just a new one. He hasn't followed or participated in it as he has with Basketball, and tbh, he's plenty wrong about the NBA/NFL too. Teddy Atlas schools him on boxing pretty frequently, I don't think he has anybody to do the same with in regards to MMA.

Looking forward to Jack vs Kelvin later. Very little interest in the Flyweight title since we know neither of these guys are the best Flyweight in the world.

sucks that o malley rolled on his ankle. good showing from vera

Good scrap between Stipe & DC, I thought going into it DC would lean very heavily on his wrestling for this contest especially with the octagon being smaller from what I heard even though it didn't seem incredibly evident on screen.

He chose to box more or made a conscious decision to box more with Miocic maybe after he realised being the bigger man & a solid base he wasn't as easily taken down. Miocic seemed to come off better in almost every exchange between the 2. I thought he comfortably won the fight.

The eye poke was really bad & DC said after the fight that he couldn't see out of his eye at all for the last 2 rounds. Not nice to see someone get hurt like that & I hope he regains his vision, but I don't want to hear the excuse however that he only lost because of the eye injury, he was already down on rounds & it didn't look like DC had any answers for Stipe.

Goddamn the UFC is ****ing greedy. :mad:

Woodley should retire, again he seemed awfully gun shy last night, if you're gun shy against a guy like Colby Covington after all the **** he's talked then I really don't know what to say.

I just don't think he has any appetite for this anymore, and it's not like Dana has any love for him either. He's an ultra talented athlete, but it's never too late to get knocked out and hurt really bad.

So it is. Again. Hopefully that's it for him.

Sidebar, I'm far from the biggest Usman fan, but I hope he gets to break that dude's jaw again. I think Colby's a complete scumbag, regardless of his "shtick."

Maybe that's all it is, perhaps he's playing the heel to Ric Flair levels, but I've never seen someone land that many clean shots, not knock the opponent out, proceed to get stopped themselves and still find ways to talk S#*^. It's unbelievable really....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"