Persona 5

Atlus Debuts Persona 5 Launch Trailer, Limits Player Streaming Due to Spoilers

Apr 4, 18:30 games
Streaming past certain point in the game prohibited ― Atlus USA began streaming a trailer for its Persona 5 PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 game to coincide with the Read more

Streaming past certain point in the game prohibited
Atlus USA began streaming a trailer for its Persona 5 PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 game to coincide with the game's North American and European launch on Tuesday.

[YT]VyEJkCXLxd0[/YT]
Suit Up, the Metaverse Awaits in Persona 5

• 19,723 views15 hours ago
Atlus also posted a warning about streaming or sharing spoilers for the game. Sharing is currently blocked through the PlayStation 4 user interface, and streamers risk a content ID claim for streaming past July 7 in the game.
persona-5-cover.jpg
Atlus USA's Western release was delayed from its previous February 14 release date. However, the company is now offering the Japanese voice track as a free DLC, contrary to the original plan to release the game without a dual-language option.
The English dub cast includes:

The latest entry in the Persona role-playing game series shipped for the PS4 and PS3 in Japan on September 15. The game is not planned for launch on PC or Nintendo Switch.
The game features animation sequences from the Production I.G studio.
The Persona 5 the Animation -The Day Breakers- television anime special aired on September 3. The special recounts the prologue story of the young thief organization at the center of the game. Crunchyroll streamed the television special, and Aniplex of America released it on an import Blu-ray Disc of the Collector's Edition on February 14.

source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
logo.name.no-dot.png

never played a Persona game before.

but I'm excited for this!!

amazon is taking its sweet ass time to ship this. i don't think i'll even get it by this weekend.

i want the collector's edition. does retail carry that?

Is that the $90 Take Your Heart edition?

I think I saw a few at my local store when I picked up my game a few days ago.

though, I'm sure those were reserved for preorders.

so, you might be able to find the collector's edition at a local store, but if you didn't preorder, you might not have much luck.

but it's possible, so you could try checking your local retailers. but, if you've already got the collector's edition preordered from Amazon, I'd just keep that and wait a few more days.

anyways, I started playing this last night.

and, it is definitely.........interesting.........

Is that the $90 Take Your Heart edition?

I think I saw a few at my local store when I picked up my game a few days ago.

though, I'm sure those were reserved for preorders.

so, you might be able to find the collector's edition at a local store, but if you didn't preorder, you might not have much luck.

but it's possible, so you could try checking your local retailers. but, if you've already got the collector's edition preordered from Amazon, I'd just keep that and wait a few more days.

nah. i got it preordered for $82.70 on amazon so if i have to wait a little while longer for a better price i'll just do that.

so you say the game is interesting. you also haven't played persona before right

nah. i got it preordered for $82.70 on amazon so if i have to wait a little while longer for a better price i'll just do that.

so you say the game is interesting. you also haven't played persona before right

yeah. I'd just stick with Amazon. hope you get your copy sooner rather than later, though.

and yeah. this is my first Persona game.

right now, it's like literally playing an anime - so I like it......lol.

yeah. I'd just stick with Amazon. hope you get your copy sooner rather than later, though.

and yeah. this is my first Persona game.

right now, it's like literally playing an anime - so I like it......lol.

yeah i heard it plays a lot like digimon story cyber sleuth and i played that game last year like an addiction, so this would be good.

played a bit more last night.

while so far it has been light on action and combat, the story is very interesting and it has definitely got me hooked and intrigued.

my only complaints so far are that sometimes, it's hard to know where you objective is on the map. And two, during some stretches they don't let you save frequently enough.

I must say I'm very impressed by this game!

I'm still on the 1st dungeon, but the story and experience so far has been completely engrossing. It really is like playing an anime, as I said before. If this were an actual anime series, it would be one I'd binge watch or eagerly await the new ep every week.

I especially like how everything is "integrated." From the side activities ( like getting a part-time job to earn money ) to the UI/menu system, to the deadline to complete the Palace, it all makes it feel like you are "living" in the world.

And the characters and themes are quite interesting - tackling real world heavy subjects that I wasn't expecting ( abuse, suicide from bullying, etc. ).

Overall, so far, I'm glad I gave this game a chance. It certainly makes up for the sour taste left by MEA and Persona will keep my occupied and engrossed while they get MEA patched up.

I've never played on of these games but it's got me interested.

finally cleared the 1st Palace/Dungeon last night!! woo-hoo!! :woot:

I ended up buying this despite not really planning to. Man, I love the hell out of the story and characters, the social link stuff, etc., but the gameplay is so boring to me. I just put it on Safe or whatever and breeze through the combat to get to the next story and social thing. Can't get into turn-based stuff anymore at all. But I've put about 30 hours into it, so I'm digging the rest of it.

this is also in the Atlus thread and Persona Q2 is listed (so that why that went there as well.) which was an Nintendo Exclusive and might like show up in an Nintendo console / platform once again. next to Arean persona Q is the place where most ofthe characters from each installment interact with each other since it's been stated persona is universe to its self most of the character have some connection to each other like weird Keven beacon deal.

Atlus Registers Various Persona Domains

[FONT=&quot]Thursday, April 20th, 2017[/FONT]
More Persona goodies!Read more
Thursday, April 20th, 2017

t_persona5_teaser.jpg

Recently, it’s come to light that Atlus has registered a wide variety of Persona domains. These include P3D, P5AG, P5D, P5R, P5U, Persona Dance, and PQ2. They’ve also registered every Persona name up to 10, so that’s also very promising. This is exciting news to fans of the series, as this means we’re getting a lot more spinoff games to tie us over until we get Persona 6 in about 10 years.
I have some theories as to what these games might be, but we’ll just have to wait for more news to come out. What do you think? Tell us your ideas and theories in the comments down below.

• P3D – Persona 3 Dancing
  • P5AG – Like Persona 4 Golden, an enhanced version.
  • P5D – Persona 5 Dancing
  • P5R – Persona 5 Racing
  • P5U – A new arena fighting game.
  • Persona Dance – A dancing game based around either the first Persona game, or all of them combined.
  • PQ2 – Persona Q 2
View image on Twitter

Follow
Mystic @MysticDistance

Here are all the domains Atlus registered under ryusoffice Corp,Inc. (Via @regularpanties)​
6:30 AM - 20 Apr 2017

source: Operation Rainfall

I wouldn't mind Persona 5 spinoff games, like a fighting game.

I just cleared my 2nd palace, and I know I probably have a ways to go.

but so far, I've been really enjoying this game - more so than any other game in a long, long while. It has just been so engrossing and fun to play through.

this game is sooooooooo good.

so glad I gave it a chance and picked it up.

I wonder if other PS4 JRPGs are this good? Might have to check them out.

Are there any other good PS4 JRPGs that you guys would recommend?

Persona 5’s Free Swimsuit, Spin-Off Costumes, And More DLC Are Now Available. April 26, 2017 . 8:00am

This time around, the wave includes free DLC for the characters’ swimsuit costumes, as well as outfits inspired by Persona 4’s spin-off games and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

41 comments Read >

Yesterday, Atlus and Deep Silver released a new batch of DLC for Persona 5 over on the PlayStation Store in both North America and Europe. This time around, the wave includes free DLC for the characters’ swimsuit costumes, as well as outfits inspired by Persona 4’s spin-off games and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Below you can find links to all of the DLC, including their pricing.

• Persona 5 Swimsuit Set (US-PS4, PS3 | UK-PS4, PS3) – Free

• Shin Megami Tensei IV Costume & BGM Special Set (US-PS4, PS3) | UK-PS4, PS3 ) – $6.99 | £5.79

• Persona 4: Dancing All Night Costume & BGM Special Set (US-PS4, PS3 | UK-PS4, PS3) -$6.99 | £5.79

• Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Costume & BGM Special Set (US-PS4, PS3 | UK-PS4, PS3) $6.99 | £5.79

• Persona 5: Tsukiyomi & Tsukiyomi Picaro Set (US-PS4, PS3 | UK-PS4, PS3) – $2.99 | £2.49

• Persona 5: Asterius & Asterius Picaro Set (US-PS4, PS3 | UK-PS4, PS3) – $2.99 | £2.49

• Persona 5: Ariadne & Ariadne Picaro Set (US-PS4, PS3 | UK-PS4, PS3) – $2.99 | £2.49

Persona 5 is available for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about Persona 5 & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Persona 5 Catherine DLC Brings New Costumes And BGM To The Game, And It’s Out Now. May 3, 2017 . 8:00am

In this latest batch of DLC from Atlus and Deep Silver, Persona 5 gets new costumes and music from Catherine, one of Atlus’s other IPs.

20 comments Read >

Persona 5 has only been out a month now, but the game has already received heaps of DLC, giving the characters a whole new wardrobe, new Persona skins, and more. In this latest batch of DLC from Altus and Deep Silver, Persona 5 gets new costumes and music from Catherine, one of Atlus’s other IPs.

Here’s a list of the DLC, as well as links to the PlayStation Store where you can purchase them.

• Persona 5: Catherine Costume & BGM Special Set (US-PS3, PS4 | UK-PS3, PS4) – $6.99 | £5.79

• Persona 5: Messiah & Messiah Picaro Set (US-PS3, PS4 | UK-PS3, PS4) – $2.99 | £2.49

• Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha Costume & BGM Special Set (US-PS3, PS4 | UK-PS3, PS4) – $2.99 | £2.49

Persona 5 is available for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Checck our previous report for a look at its free swimsuit and spin-off costumes.

Read more stories about Persona 5 & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 on Siliconera

source:
Siliconera

Persona 5 Director Katsura Hashino Shares A Special Thank You Message For The Fans. May 4, 2017 . 9:15am

Following the release of Persona 5 in the West last month, series director Katsura Hashino shared a thank you message on behalf of Atlus to all the fans for their support.

14 comments Read >

It’s been a month since the release of the highly-anticipated JRPG Persona 5, and series director Katsura Hashino shared a thank you message over at the PlayStation Blog on behalf of Atlus to all the fans for their support.

Here’s Hashino-san’s message:
As a developer, I’m very happy to hear that Persona 5 is being played by so many people overseas. To be honest, it’s really hard to gauge its popularity in the West when our team’s in Japan; we’re not able to see everyone’s comments and discussions. It’d be great to interact with the fans abroad, but sadly, I’m stuck in the development room slurping instant ramen (laugh). Persona 5 is a very “Japanese” story with some political aspects to it, so I couldn’t imagine how Western players would react to it. I did know, however, that Persona 5 was highly anticipated by gamers overseas even back when we were developing the game, so I was curious to see how its story would be received.

I’m going off on a tangent here, but I think that traditional Japanese superhero stories tend to be about fighting off invaders from outside their society, while Western ones focus on fighting against villains and misfits that come from within it. There’s a sense of society being responsible for creating this evil, and such a setting lets the audience’s imagination run wild, like “it could’ve been me.” For instance, doesn’t the Joker from Batman make some valid points that resonate with you?

Persona 5 is also a superhero story in which you fight villains that are born from within society, so I thought that it might be received differently than the previous entries. Of course, it could’ve missed the mark completely and been criticized for it, so my anticipation and anxiety were split half and half. Since the game just launched in the West, I’d like to look back on it at a later time, once I receive feedback from the Western audience—how their gameplay experiences were, what kind of things they felt, etc. I hope that the tale of Persona 5 will leave a lasting impression on everyone who plays it. No matter what kind of project I take on going forward, I love creating RPGs that are both moving and relatable regardless of cultural differences—in fact, I’m most interested in strengthening those aspects right now.

Last year, with the milestone of the Persona series’ 20th anniversary, I handed off the series development to my successors and announced the start of my new RPG project that takes place in a fantasy world. Be it a game set in modern day, like the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series, or a game set in a new fantasy world, I aim to create games that provide an invaluable experience of reflecting on oneself through a journey, while roleplaying as characters that players can deeply relate to.

These efforts are only made possible thanks to the positive reception we receive from fans—not just in Japan, but worldwide—of the Persona series and Atlus RPGs in general. I appreciate all your support for the newest entry in the Persona series, and I hope that everyone will enjoy the new Atlus RPGs to come.

Persona 5 is available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

Read more stories about Persona 5 & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

soooo.......I got about 60 hours in and about halfway through, and I've discovered that I've really dropped the ball on my confidant ranks and social stats. :(

Some confidants are entirely optional and very much missable. Halfway through, I'm just starting a few of those and I feel it's too late to rank them up to max them out and enjoy the full gameplay/combat benefits they offer.

And some of my party member confidants are behind in their ranks.

Plus, to progress further with the confidant I want to romance ( Makoto ), I need the highest Charm rank, and my social stats aren't there yet, either.

So, yeah, I really messed up...........lol.

I'm going to start over and use some guides I found online to better plan out my days to max my confidants and stats and earn as many trophies as possible.

sigh..........

but the story and characters are so good, so I don't mind.....haha.

Plus, there's Makoto!! :atp:

And, Ann, too!! :drl:

Last edited:
just in case there are those that are new to the hype or just plain weirdly don't look at the multi plat area of the forum in gaming lounge thread.

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Sega planning “revival of major IPs”[/FONT]

Published 11 hours ago. 448 comments.

What old Sega IPs do you want to see return?

Sega-Revival-IPs_05-14-17.jpg

Sega is planning the “revival of major IPs,” according to its “Road to 2020” business presentation for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017.
Under the “Segment Goal / Business Strategies” section of the presentation, Sega outlined the following major points in the digital games and packaged games fields:
Packaged Games Field (example titles: Total War: Warhammer, Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, Football Manager 2017, and Persona 5)

• Expand existing IPs and obtain new IPs for North American and European PC games
  • Build revenue base by being entrusted with outsourced development
  • Challenge for new IPs
  • Revival of major IPs
  • Effective utilization of development engines
Digital Games Field (example titles: Puyo Puyo!! Quest, Hortensia Saga, Chain Chronicle 3, and Phantasy Star Online 2)

• Create titles that will become global hits
  • Establish digital marketing business
  • Expand overseas publishing business
  • Maintain profits through long-term operation of existing titles
  • Develop next-generation titles
A “major issue” Sega says it will tackle is to “create titles that will become global hits.” To do this, they plan on reviving past IPs and actively utilizing existing IPs, new IPs, and external IPs, and maximizing the value of said IPs by expanding development channels (mobile devices, PC, and game consoles) and regions of the respective IPs’ development for a global simultaneous release.
Elsewhere in the report, Sega said that sales of Persona 5 and Total War: Warhammer performed well in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017, and total unit sales were 10.28 million, surpassing the figure in the previous fiscal year. For the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018, Sega plans to further develop sales of Persona 5 overseas, and plans unit sales of 11.6 million with titles like Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, Endless Space 2, and Total War: Warhammer 2 set to release.

Read More

Industry, Sega

source: Gematsu

50 hours in, and loving it. Persona 3 was my first Persona, but I instantly loved the series. This game, IMO improves in nearly every way over that. Even the dungeons are custom tailored to each story arc, rather than randomly generated like before. Yet the length of the game wasn't cut at all.

I honestly can't think of a single complaint so far. I can get the above complaint about not being into turn based combat anymore, but even that feels good to me still. They made it stylish, fast, and added plenty if synergy in between characters. Like freeze an enemy with one character, then use a nuke skill which hits harder against status with the next. The soundtrack is also up to the usual Persona standards (if that's your thing).

50 hours in, and loving it. Persona 3 was my first Persona, but I instantly loved the series. This game, IMO improves in nearly every way over that. Even the dungeons are custom tailored to each story arc, rather than randomly generated like before. Yet the length of the game wasn't cut at all.

I honestly can't think of a single complaint so far. I can get the above complaint about not being into turn based combat anymore, but even that feels good to me still. They made it stylish, fast, and added plenty if synergy in between characters. Like freeze an enemy with one character, then use a nuke skill which hits harder against status with the next. The soundtrack is also up to the usual Persona standards (if that's your thing).

glad you're enjoying it, too, Fading! :woot:

I love that it's turn based. I'm old fashioned.....lol.

I got about 60 hours in ( beat the 4th Palace ) before starting over. I messed up on certain romance choices ( missed a key date scene ) and sorely neglected building up certain non-party confidants.

So, I started over with an online guide to max stats, max confidants, and max trophies. Got about 50 hours in, beat the 3rd palace, and realized this just wasn't that much fun role-playing wise. When you want to do certain activities for role-playing purposes, that causes you to deviate from the guide schedule. and the more you deviate from it, the harder it is to get back on track as everything gets thrown out of wack.

So, I'm starting over again and this time just focusing on role-playing the game and romancing Ann. I'm not going to worry about maxing stats or maxing all confidants in my 1st playthrough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"