Persona 5

I'm romancing Makoto. Biggest problem was getting charm up until I found out how much charm the bathhouse gives. I'm currently working on the fifth palace I believe.

I'm romancing Makoto. Biggest problem was getting charm up until I found out how much charm the bathhouse gives. I'm currently working on the fifth palace I believe.

I may end up romancing Makoto, too. I'm actually torn between her and Ann......lol. Both girls have aspects about them that I find appealing and endearing.

Makoto also reminds me a lot about myself, too. And in real life, I did get burned by a girl with a somewhat similar personality to Ann.......lol.

But that max level charm though...........

Makoto does have her adorable moments though, like following you around school and Shibuya while pretending to be all incognito with a manga book.

Then there's the blackout incident at Sojiro's house.

Also, Makoto does seem to be more important story wise. I've seen a lot of people say she almost feels like a secondary protagonist because she's tied to a lot of other key characters in the game and she gets a lot more story moments than the other characters it seems.

In fact, I've read that earlier concepts for the game had you living in the same apartment complex as the Nijiima sisters ( Makoto and Sae ) with Sae being your probation officer instead of Sojiro being your caretaker. One person even said that the "skyline" you see when the calendar changes to another day was supposed to represent your view of the city at night from that apartment complex.

So that suggests that Makoto could have played an even bigger part in the story and in the protag's life. And even though the final concept changed, it seems Makoto did retain a good deal of importance.

Makoto sure does have a rabid following online, though......lol.

Last edited:
For me its personality. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Ann. As far as pretty girls in these types of games go, Ann avoids a lot of pitfalls that lead to them being annoying. At first I was even going to romance Ann. Then Makoto was introduced, and she just hit every note right. Her personality, appearance, and when she first unlocks her Persona.

Even in battle she's the only other mandatory member other than the main char for me. Her nuke abilities seem to have less weaknesses than say ice, and she heals. In fact her despair healing, ability reaaalllyy saved my butt in one boss fight. As the MC was despaired, and I was out of items, and if he dies, game over.

For me its personality. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Ann. As far as pretty girls in these types of games go, Ann avoids a lot of pitfalls that lead to them being annoying. At first I was even going to romance Ann. Then Makoto was introduced, and she just hit every note right. Her personality, appearance, and when she first unlocks her Persona.

Even in battle she's the only other mandatory member other than the main char for me. Her nuke abilities seem to have less weaknesses than say ice, and she heals. In fact her despair healing, ability reaaalllyy saved my butt in one boss fight. As the MC was despaired, and I was out of items, and if he dies, game over.

I agree. Makoto does hit the right notes when it comes to looks and personality.

However, replaying the beginning of the game again made me remember why I initially wanted to go with Ann.

As Morgana sums up, Ann is kind and with a strong desire to help others and she's beautiful to boot. She's a meowvelous girl. :woot:

And it's Ann's kindness that really makes her shine for me, plus her infectious bubbly personality. Makoto may have the maturity and "IQ" of the group, but Ann definitely has the heart and "EQ."

Also, I cheated a bit and peeked on Youtube and watched the full romances for both Ann and Makoto.

without spoiling anything, let's just say I found Ann's romance as a whole way more satisfying than Makoto's.

maybe it's due to their different personalities, with Ann being warmer and more expressive.

Plus, Ann gets the "first girl" advantage and even the "love at first sight" angle if you go by that initial animated cutscene. There's also the "fate/destiny" angle with the only open seat in class being behind her.

all that coupled with some of the ending events and final words, it just feels like the game goes "full circle" if you romance Ann.

And speaking of sharing the classroom with Ann, there's another subtle thing I noticed while replaying that nudged me more towards her.

It happens during every classroom pop quiz scene. Notice the protag's body language at the start of those scenes.

If you notice, the protag starts the scene not sitting up and paying attention to the teacher. He's leaning over his desk, resting his chin on his right hand, and looking straight ahead. And there's only one thing straight ahead that's worth noting - and that's Ann!

It's only when the teacher calls on the protag to answer the question that he sits up and turns his head to look at the teacher.

so, iow, before that, the protag was either leaning over his desk and resting/sleeping. Or, he's more interested in staring at and daydreaming about Ann than listening to the teacher.

I feel like it's the latter.

And this seems to be the case for every classroom quiz scene, throughout the entire game. And these scenes are scripted and unavoidable.

To me, that's makes a compelling case against romancing the other girls. From a roleplaying perspective, it wouldn't make sense if you are dating Makoto for you to still be staring and daydreaming about Ann in class.

at least that's how I see it......lol.

Last edited:
120 hours in, and finally at the last dungeon. I went ahead and did the "good" ending quick to see it. I have a save before the bad end, and will eventually watch it too. However, atm, I'm in front of the last dungeon going for the true ending.

One thing I'm loving is the social commentary is on point. Finding out what Mementos is, and what that means (all I'll say for spoiler sake), was very poignant. Especially with modern day politics.

My only problem was I didn't get every social link maxed out. I got Makoto, Ann, Ryuji, The Doctor, Akechi, and Sae maxed. Most others around 7, and a few 4's. Biggest regret though was it taking me so long to realize I needed to start Haru's link. Her vegetable growing would have helped a lot earlier on.

Also wish I didn't waste my last itemization of the game on a spell card, Lol. As you can only do one a day, but I didn't get my best personas until that day. So couldn't get the MC his best gear. Though he was still able to kick ass.

I agree. Makoto does hit the right notes when it comes to looks and personality.

To me, that's makes a compelling case against romancing the other girls. From a roleplaying perspective, it wouldn't make sense if you are dating Makoto for you to still be staring and daydreaming about Ann in class.

at least that's how I see it......lol.

Given Ann's the Lovers link, and was featured more, she probably is closer to cannon. Though I doubt they'll have a canon romance. Makoto does seem to be really popular though.

What I liked about the Makoto romance is it felt natural. She was so used to trying to please everyone else, and to be useful that she fell behind in a lot of areas on a personal level. She's this kickass, smart teammate, but when it comes to romance she's a noob.

When you finally max out her link she keeps getting flustered, unable to find the right words. Then you just put your arm around her. Or on dates she says she loves you, but blushes after. Brings up marriage, then goes silent. It makes sense as she's an honest, straight forward person, but unsure of how to properly convey her feelings. If I end up doing New Game + though, I'll go with Ann to try it.

Given Ann's the Lovers link, and was featured more, she probably is closer to cannon. Though I doubt they'll have a canon romance. Makoto does seem to be really popular though.

What I liked about the Makoto romance is it felt natural. She was so used to trying to please everyone else, and to be useful that she fell behind in a lot of areas on a personal level. She's this kickass, smart teammate, but when it comes to romance she's a noob.

When you finally max out her link she keeps getting flustered, unable to find the right words. Then you just put your arm around her. Or on dates she says she loves you, but blushes after. Brings up marriage, then goes silent. It makes sense as she's an honest, straight forward person, but unsure of how to properly convey her feelings. If I end up doing New Game + though, I'll go with Ann to try it.

on dates, does Makoto actually say the words "I love you"?

Do you get to say "I love you" to her?

From all the date vids I could find online, I never saw one where Makoto actually says the words "I love you." The closest I think was "My love for you" or something. Or, "stay with me forever" or "I want to be with you." And I never saw the option to say "I love you" to her. The closest I saw was "you mean a lot to me, too" or something during Valentines.

That's another reason why I decided to go with Ann first, because she does say "I love you" to you several times and you do have the option to say "I love you" to her.

idk.......that just seemed like a big deal to me, and I was kind of disappointed you didn't seem to get that with Makoto. But maybe I just haven't seen that scene yet.

On NG+, I'll probably romance Makoto, since it will be easier to reach that Lvl 5 Charm since my social stats will carry over.

Oh, and speaking of Ann being the "canon" love, another gamer posted another in game "clue" that I never noticed before.

apparently, when the hideout switches to your Attic, during the "waiting animations", you can see the following sequence:

1. You ( the MC ) picks up his phone
2. Ann then picks up her phone
3. Both you and Ann look at your phones
4. Makoto, who's sitting between you two, looks up from her studying or planning, looks in your direction, looks in Ann's direction, then coughs.
5. Both you and Ann then drop your phones and pretend to look around

And the animation cycle repeats.

He posted a vid of that, and it is indeed a curious sequence of events.

I wonder if it changes based on who you are dating?

Cuz if it doesn't, and you are dating someone else like Makoto, that scene would be extremely awkward.....lol. :woot:

edit: and here's the video in question. if you don't mind possible spoilers:

[YT]ehQKqbrVb-k[/YT]

Last edited:

Persona 5 Sends Holiday Greetings In July With Free Christmas Costumes. July 12, 2017 . 8:00am

Atlus shared their latest batch of free costumes for Persona 5, and it brings out the holiday spirits from our favorite Phantom Thieves with a set of Christmas Costumes in July.

54 comments Read >

Atlus shared their latest batch of free costumes for Persona 5, and it brings out the holiday spirits from our favorite Phantom Thieves with a set of Christmas Costumes in July.

The new Christmas Costume Set is currently available for free at the PlayStation Store, which you can grab here for PS4 and here for PS3. The Christmas Costume Set appears to only be available in North America for the time being. We’ll update with links to the European PlayStation Store when it becomes available.

[YT]hgxjW3q_cBs[/YT]

You can check out the Christmas Costume Set in the above video, which also shows Makoto’s stylish Christmas outfit, a fun Reindeer costume for Sakura, a cute Holiday costume for Haru, and more.

Persona 5 is currently available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

source: [FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

I can't recall ATM if Makoto says, "I love you" directly. I want to think she does, but at the very least she says love towards you. Also in your final conversation with her she talks about going to the same college with you. Hinting she wants a longterm relationship.

I can't recall ATM if Makoto says, "I love you" directly. I want to think she does, but at the very least she says love towards you. Also in your final conversation with her she talks about going to the same college with you. Hinting she wants a longterm relationship.

cool, thanks.

from what I've seen, Anne also has hints of wanting a longterm relationship with you in her final conversation.

She says she'll be sure to visit your hometown to try out the food and you can suggest eating at your home, which makes her nervous.

Anne also says she'll become a "proper lady.......just for you" which to me is a fairly obvious sign she wants a longterm relationship with you. I think she says that even if you haven't romanced her, which again, to me, is a sign she has feelings for you. I don't think a girl would say that to a guy she doesn't like.......lol.

Last edited:

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 paid live stream announced[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 10 comments.

Live stream blocked for regions outside of Japan.

P5-Concert-Stream_07-27-17.jpg
Atlus will live stream its “Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 ~Witness the Harbor’s Crimes” concert at Yokohama Arena on August 2 via paid viewing on Niconico, the company announced.

Access to the paid live stream is, unfortunately, blocked for regions outside of Japan. A live stream ticket costs 1,500 yen (approx. $13.50 USD) and can be purchased until August 6 at 23:59 JST (for users who plan to watch the concert after it occurs).

The event, which begins on August 2 at 19:00 JST, will feature Lyn, Yumi Kawamura, Lotus Juice, Shihoko Hirata, Shoji Meguro (Atlus), and various other Persona-related artists.

source: Gematsu

the anime is on it's way just like the others(well tenically p3 came out in movie installments) befor it .

PlayStation 3, Anime, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Persona 5 the Animation announced [/FONT]
Published 20 hours ago. 111 comments.
Atlus and A-1 Pictures announced that Persona 5 the Animation will air in Japan in 2018.
Here’s a look at a new teaser trailer for the anime that was shared alongside the announcement, in the article it's self .
[FONT=&quot]Read more[/FONT]

Persona 5: Ultimate Edition Listing And DLC Bundles Appear On PSN For Australia And Europe. October 24, 2017 . 2:00am

New PSN listings have appeared in Europe and Australia showing Persona 5: Ultimate Edition featuring a bunch of DLC, as well as DLC bundles for the special Personas, and costumes & BGM.

9 comments Read >

A new PSN listing has appeared in Europe and Australia for Persona 5: Ultimate Edition featuring the game, all additional Personas, special costumes, Japanese audio track. New DLC bundles have also appeared. [Thanks, @Wario64.]

Here’s what’s included in Persona 5: Ultimate Edition:

• Persona 5
  • All additional Personas
  • All special Costumes
  • Healing Item Set
  • Skill Card Set
  • Japanese Audio Track
  • New Difficulty Level (Merciless)

The Persona 5: Ultimate Edition is available in Australia for PlayStation 4 ($144.95 AUD) and PlayStation 3 ($129.95 AUD). It is also available in Europe for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 (Both priced at £79.99).

There are also new DLC bundles available on PSN for both Australia and Europe. One is a “Costume & BGM Bundle” that is going for $75.95 AUD and £39.99. The “Persona Bundle” featuring all its special Persona is going for $29.99 AUD and £15.99. Both bundles are available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

Persona 5 is available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Persona series sales top 8.5 million, Megami Tensei series sales top 7.2 million[/FONT]
Published 38 mins ago. 5 comments.
Plus a whole bunch of other sales numbers from Sega.

Persona-Series-Sales_10-30-17.jpg
Total sales for the Persona series have topped 8.5 million units, and total sales for the Megami Tensei series have topped 7.2 million units, Sega’s 2017 annual reportreveals.
Sega also shared total sales numbers for a variety of other titles:

• Megami Tensei series (Launched 1987) – Approx. 7.2 million units across 28 total editions (packaged and digital total)
  • Persona series (Launched 1996) – Approx. 8.5 million units across 13 total editions (packaged and digital total)
  • Etrian Odyssey series (Launched 2007) – Approx. 1.8 million units across nine total editions (packaged and digital total)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog series (Launched 1991) – Approx. 360 million units / downloads (packaged and digital total)
  • Puyo Puyo series (Launched 1991, Sales Account for after 1998) – Approx. 25 million units / downloads / IDs (packaged and digital, AM-registered ID total (total for registrations after IP acquisition))
  • Yakuza series (Launched 2005) – Approx. 10.5 million units / downloads across 75 total editions (packaged and digital total)
  • Aladdin series (Launched 1989) – Approx. 570,000 units across 14 total editions (pachislot and pachinko machine and amusement machine total)
  • Beast King series (Launched 2001) – Approx. 490,000 units across 15 total editions (pachislot and pachinko machine and amusement machine total)
  • Phantasy Star series (Launched 1987) – Approx. 4.5 million Phantasy Star Online 2 IDs (cumulative total for registered IDs)
  • Chain Chronicle series (Launched 2013) – Approx. 10 million downloads across two total editions (packaged and digital total)
  • Sega feat. Hatsune Miku Project series (Launched 2009) – Approx. 5.5 million units / downloads across 52 total editions (packaged and digital total)
  • Hokuto no Ken series (Launched 2002) – Approx. 2.74 million units (pachislot and pachinko machine and amusement machine total)
  • Souten-no-Ken series (Launched 2009) – Approx. 440,000 units (pachislot and pachinko machine total)
The report cites 1.8 million units shipped for Persona 5, which is the same number Sega shared back in July.

just like what went down for persna 4 it's happening for this game too

Anime
[FONT=&quot]Persona 5 the Animation new information broadcast set for December 24[/FONT]
Published 20 hours ago. 16 comments.
Mark your calendars.

P5-Anime-Tease_12-10-17.jpg

Atlus will share new information about Persona 5 the Animation, which is set to air in 2018, during a live stream on December 24 at 20:00 JST, the company announced.

The live stream, dubbed the “Super Secret Information Reveal! Broadcast Special,” will broadcast on Abema TV’s New Anime Channel in Japan, as well as simultaneously around the world on YouTube Live. Featured talents on the stream will include Jun Fukuyama (voice of the protagonist), Aoi Yuuki (Futaba Sakura), and Souichirou Hoshi (Goro Akechi).

Watch a teaser video for the broadcast below.

[YT]5k3-yR4Nem8[/YT]
Visit the Persona 5 the Animation official website here.

Sorry the pc I'm on acting screwy to night always withthe unbresponsesive and then it makes thi9s happen.

Anime
[FONT=&quot]Persona 5 the Animation to air in April 2018[/FONT]
Published 2 days ago. 76 comments.

Key visual and debut trailer.

Persona 5 the Animation will air in April 2018 on Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, MBS, and BS11, Atlus and animation studio A-1 Pictures announced.
Here is the key visual:

The Persona 5 protagonist’s official name will be Ren Amamiya. The same name will be used in the upcoming Persona 5: Dancing Star Night.
The staff and cast are as follows:
Staff

• Original Work: Persona 5 (Atlus)
  • Story Draft: Katsura Hashino
  • Character Drafts: Shigenori Soejima
  • Demon Design Drafts: Kazuma Kaneko
  • Supervisor: Masashi Ishihama
  • Series Organizer: Shinichi Inotsume
  • Character Design: Tomomi Ishikawa
  • Music: Shoji Meguro
  • Production: A-1 Pictures
Cast

• Ren Amamiya: Jun Fukuyama
  • Ryuji Sakamoto: Mamoru Miyano
  • Ann Takamaki: Nana Mizuki
  • Ikue Otani: Morgana
  • Yusuke Kitagawa: Tomokazu Sugita
  • Makoto Niijima: Rina Sato
  • Futaba Sakura: Aoi Yuuki
  • Haru Okumura: Haruka Tomatsu
  • Goro Akechi: Souichirou Hoshi
The announcement came via today’s “Persona 5 the Animation Super Secret Information Reveal! Broadcast Special” on AbemaTV. Starting in February 2018, AbemaTV will host one such broadcast per month.
Atlus also announced it will release a Persona O.A. “official support app” for iOS and Android. Further information will be announced at a later date.

Watch the debut trailer for Persona 5 the Animation below.

Click here to watch(or copy and paste to your brower) :>> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6c67ad

Visit the official website here.

(MP4 Download, Region-blocked YouTube Version)

Last edited:
so the protag has an official name now??

so the protag has an official name now??
the very same thing happened with p 4b protag and he was simply named Yu hen thge p4 anme came out and was dubbed for the west later. asI said prior. you should check that one out.

the very same thing happened with p 4b protag and he was simply named Yu hen thge p4 anme came out and was dubbed for the west later. asI said prior. you should check that one out.

ah, I see. thanks.

just kind of weird they don't give the protag an official name right from the start.

ah, I see. thanks.

just kind of weird they don't give the protag an official name right from the start.
here's what I have for you when it comes to the persona games and the protag's names til they have the name in their animes

it's in their wikia's I( suggest you book mark this and visithis often

Yu Narukami is the protagonist of Persona 4, although in the game itself, the player can choose his name.

Etymology

His first name, 'Yu,' means 'quiet,' a reference to him being a silent protagonist. It is also an oral pun among the English fandom, which involves the pronoun "you."

His surname, 'Narukami,' means 'howling god,' which is a reference to a recurring entity in the series and to his initial element Electricity, since Narukami is a Japanese god of thunder. 'Narukami' can also be read as "to become a god," foreshadowing how Yu manifests the World Arcana in the true ending, however, the characters of his name mean completly different things ("sound" and "above," respectively), meaning that the reference is an oral-only pun.

From>>:http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Yu_Narukami

here's what siliconera put out about p4 wh9ile this animation for p5 is happening.

Persona 4 the Animation Series Complete Blu-ray Disc Box And OST Releases In Japan On April 11 . December 24, 2017 . 4:05am

During the “Super Ultimate Secret Information Reveal! Broadcast SP” live stream, Atlus announced that Persona 4 the Animation will get a complete Blu-ray disc set as well as an original soundtrack in April.

2 comments Read >

During the “Super Ultimate Secret Information Reveal! Broadcast SP” live stream, Atlus announced that Persona 4 the Animation will get a complete Blu-ray disc set as well as an original soundtrack this April in Japan.

The “Persona 4 the Animation Series Complete Blu-ray Disc Box” features everything from Persona 4: The Animation and Persona 4: The Golden Animation for a total of 38 episodes on 8 discs. The box will come with a special design by illustrator Shigenori Soejima and it’ll come with a special revival edition of “Mayonaka Nama TV” as part of the set.

The “Persona 4 the Animation Series Original Soundtrack” will feature music from the TV anime on a 3-disc set.

Persona 4 the Animation Series Complete Blu-ray Disc Box and Persona 4 the Animation Series Original Soundtrack will release in Japan on April 11, 2018. More information on the two will be shared on a later date.

I also suggest you see the dub of p4 hye guy thaplsyed Ichigo in the bleach dubs Johnny Yong Bosch Who play's yu in both tha video game & Englisg dub of the anime series for P44

hqdefault.jpg
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important][YT]Noi4JvpzLIM[/YT][/FONT]

Best RPG of 2017 - Rocket & Rayguns - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]3.2K views 2 weeks ago Published on 12/19/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important]It's that time of year again! The annual Rocket & Raygun Awards, honouring the best games of the year! In this video, the EP team, our friends, and sponsors give out their picks
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

source:
EPN.tv

Atlus ask Japanese fans if they want Persona 6 on PC

21 hours ago Comments 1

Atlus’s annual survey is out, and among the questions they’re asking players is what platforms you want to see upcoming games on. Maybe you...Read more

Also with

Atlus Asks Which Games Do You Want To See On What Platform(s) And More In Annual Survey . January 26, 2018 . 6:45am

Each year Atlus shares a lengthy survey for fans to get a good idea what they want, including remakes, ports, titles by other developers, and more. Here are some interesting questions from this year’s survey.

202 comments Read >

source: PCGN & [FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"