Persona 5

Anime
Persona 5 the Animation Yusuke Kitagawa key visual
Published 2 days ago. 7 comments.
Retweet campaign launched.

Atlus has released a new key visual for Persona 5 the Animation featuring Yusuke Kitagawa.

Previous key visuals featured Ren Amamiya, Ryuji Sakamoto, Ann Takamaki, and Morgana.

Atlus has also begun a retweet campaign giving away 10 promotional posters of the Yusuke Kitagawa key visual. To enter, simply retweet this tweet between February 19 and 25, and 10 winners will be chosen by lottery.

source: Gematsu

Last edited:

Anime
Persona 5 the Animation begins airing on April 7, Makoto Niijima key visual
Published 18 hours ago. 34 comments.
Here are your times and TV stations.

Persona 5 the Animation will begin airing on April 7, Atlus announced.

• Tokyo MX – Starts April 7, airs every Saturday at 24:30
    • Gunma TV – Starts April 7, airs every Saturday at 24:30
    • Tochigi TV – Starts April 7, airs every Saturday at 24:30
    • MBS – Starts April 7, airs every Saturday at 26:08
    • BS11 – Starts April 7, airs every Saturday at 24:30
    • AbemaTV – Starts April 7, airs every Saturday at 24:30
    • GYAO – Starts April 9, airs every Monday at 12:30

Atlus also revealed a new key visual for the animation featuring Makoto Niijima.

A retweet campaign giving away 10 promotional posters of the Makoto Niijima key visual is also running.

To enter, simply follow @P5_anime and retweet this tweet between February 28 at 22:30 JST and March 6 at 23:59 JST.

Previous key visuals featured Yusuke Kitagawa, Ren Amamiya, Ryuji Sakamoto, Ann Takamaki, and Morgana.

Last edited:
Trying to decide between this and Divinity: Original Sin for my 2nd PS4 game. For those who have played both, which is better?

Trying to decide between this and Divinity: Original Sin for my 2nd PS4 game. For those who have played both, which is better?
they are both good & enjoyable. So it's hard for me to pick just one. Just pick one of them for another date. I 'd pick up divinty first sine that came out some time ago and the sequal will be out soon. Persona 5 is still resent and you still have time to pick that up later.

well, I tried Divinity for a bit and just couldn't get into. not my cup of tea. Same with Pillars of Eternity, which I'd say is a similar style game.

Persona 5, however, is one of my favorite and most enjoyed title this gen.

but, they are really different games, so it's kind of hard to compare the two and say which is "better."

it depends on what kind of games you like?

if you like anime-style JRPGs, with a strong focus on story and characters, and that involves elements of "life-simming" and "capturing monsters" then Persona 5 would be your pick. It's also a very "visually stylized" game with catchy jazz-style beats and tunes.

if you want more a more traditional sword and sorcery fantasy game, then Divinity might be for you. I can't get into as much with Divinity since I didn't play it very much, but it's a different game than Persona 5. Divinity has a character creator ( though I felt that was limited compared to other games ). It has the traditional fantasy classes like warrior, mage, thief, etc.

Last edited:

Anime, Smartphone
Persona 5 the Animation Futaba Sakura key visual, Persona O.A. app now available in Japan
Published 1 day ago. 9 comments.
The Persona series official support app.

Atlus has revealed a new key visual for Persona 5 the Animation featuring Futaba Sakura.

Previous key visuals featured Makoto Niijima, Yusuke Kitagawa, Ren Amamiya, Ryuji Sakamoto, Ann Takamaki, Morgana, and Ren Amamiya.

Atlus also released the Persona series official support app Persona O.A. for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play in Japan. Read more about the app here.

Persona 5 the Animation will begin airing on April 7.

Last edited:

Persona 5 the Animation Gives Us A Look At The Elegant Haru Okumura . March 23, 2018 . 12:00am

Aniplex and Atlus shared another key visual for Persona 5 the Animation, featuring the elegant Haru Okumura taking a break to enjoy some tea.

12 comments Read >

Aniplex and Atlus shared another key visual for Persona 5 the Animation, featuring the elegant Haru Okumura taking a break to enjoy some tea.

Here’s the full key visual featuring Haru Okumura:

10 lucky fans can win a poster of the above image, simply by retweeting the following tweet:

DY7-L9-U8AAQjlr.jpg

?????????????
@P5_anime
FollowFollow
@P5_anime

More

[FONT=&quot]??????RT??????? ?ver.????????????????? ????????ver.? ????10????????? ???????????[/FONT]@P5_anime[FONT=&quot]?????????????RT? ??????DM???????? ????PERSONA O.A.????????[/FONT]http://p5a.jp/app/
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]8:00 PM - 22 Mar 2018[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
  • 3,356 Retweets
  • 1,398 Likes
[/FONT]

Check out the other characters we’ve seen so far:

Persona 5 the Animation begins airing on April 7, 2018.

Also with

Persona 5 The Animation’s New Trailer Shows More Of The Phantom Thieves In The Anime. March 25, 2018 . 9:00am

Aniplex and Atlus shared a brand-new trailer for Persona 5 The Animation that shows several of its Phantom Thieves with protagonist Ren Amamiya, Ryuji Sakamoto, Ann Takamaki, Morgana, and Goro Akechi.

25 comments Read >

source: Siliconera

Last edited:
I just bought this off PSN last night for $21.59. Have no idea when I'll even get a chance to play it but seemed like I couldnt pass it up at that price

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
Persona 5 worldwide shipments top 2.2 million
Published 12 hours ago. 218 comments.
According to Sega's latest financial results.

P5-2p2-Mil_05-14-18.jpg

Total shipments for Persona 5 have topped more than two million units worldwide, according to the latest financial results of Atlus parent company Sega.

The RPG, first launched for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan in September 2016, followed by the Americas and Europe in April 2017, was last reported as at two million shipments in November 2017.

Last edited:

Industry
Persona’s Kazuhisa Wada teases constant series developments, collaboration projects
Published 1 day ago. 55 comments.
Tidbits from Dengeki PlayStation.

Persona-Dancing-Producer_05-22-18.jpg

The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has an interview with Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night producer Kazuhisa Wada, who provides a few updates on Persona series developments.

Here are the tidbits:

• “Persona Q2 is in earnest development.”
    • “We are working on a mid-to-long term plan, including numbered title(s), so that users will constantly be able enjoy the Persona series starting next year.”
    • “There are also plans to actively work on collaboration projects.”
    • “Downloadable content for the Persona Dancing games will be released until August. Free downloadable content will be released every week.”

Thanks, Ryokutya2089.

Last edited:
just letting peep's know that the persona5 characters will be crossing over with both persona 3&4 character in persona Q there's thread in the nintendo section. this will be the only time putting these articles here.

Top, 3DS
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth launches November 29 in Japan, first TV spot
Published 2 days ago. 170 comments.

First trailer to debut on August 6.

PQ2-Labyrinth_08-04-18.jpg
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth will launch for 3DS in Japan on November 29 for 6,980 yen, Atlus announced.

The game will feature cast members from Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 5, including the female protagonist of Persona 3.
Atlus will debut the first official trailer for Persona Q2 on August 6 at 12:00 JST via the Persona series Twitter account. And the August 9-due issue of Weekly Famitsu will have a 10-page feature on the game, including an interview with the development staff.

Watch the first Japanese TV spot below.

[YT]svrbt-iuTDs[/YT]
Visit the official website here.

Also with

3DS
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth debut trailer, details, and screenshots
Published 5 hours ago. 29 comments.

Dungeon RPG sequel launches November 29 in Japan.

PQ2-PV_08-05-18.jpg

Atlus has released the debut trailer, details, and screenshots for 3DS dungeon RPG sequel Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth.

Here are the details, via the official website:

? Story
The Persona users are trapped in a world of movies. And a girl is the one who holds the key…?
In Mementos, the Morgana Car suddenly goes out of control!? Sucked into a mysterious space, the Phantom Thieves arrived at a mysterious town where unknown enemies wander about.
Barely managing to escape, the Phantom Thieves ended up lost in a movie theater without an exit.
And then Nagi, a black-haired, white-clothed woman they met at the movie theater, and Hikari, a downcast-looking girl, informs them that they just came out of a movie.
Labyrinth-like movie worlds. And in the movies, they encounter those who possess the same powers to guide them.
Will the Phantom Thieves be able to escape the movie theater…?
? Characters
Form your party from a total of 28 Persona users, including characters from:

• Persona 3
    • Persona 3 Portable
    • Persona 4
    • Persona 5
? System
Inside Each Movie is a Mysterious Labyrinth!
Each dungeon is a movie (labyrinth) with a different theme, and each one is a unique creation. No dungeon is straightforward. Work with your team to clear each one!
Hit the Enemy’s Weak Point to Gain the Upper Hand in Battle!
Switch out Personas! Utilize various tactics!
Everyone is Here!
Must-see dialogue!
Draw Maps While Going through the Dungeon!
By drawing maps, you can clear each dungeon smoothly! There is also an auto-map feature.
Deepen the Bonds with Your Comrades to Take on Strong Enemies!
Powerful Shadows called F.O.E. wander around the dungeons.
? Early Purchase Bonus
Early purchases will include the “Persona 3, 4, and 5 Battle BGM Set,” which includes the following tracks:

• Persona 3: “Mass Destruction”
    • Persona 3 Portable: “Wiping All Out”
    • Persona Q: “Light the Fire Up in the Night ‘Kagejikan'”
    • Persona 4: “Reach Out to the Truth”
    • Persona 4 Golden: “Time to Make History”
    • Persona Q: “Light the Fire Up in the Night ‘Mayonaka'”
    • Persona 5: “Last Surprise”
    • Persona 5: “Life Will Change”
    • Persona 5: “Will Power”
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth is due out for 3DS on November 29 in Japan.
Watch the trailer below.
[YT]9NeoQFpmGzQ[/YT]
View the screenshots at the gallery.

Last edited:
If there is indeed an "extended" version of P5 that gets released on Switch, I hope it will also come to PS4 at least ( Xbox, too, would be nice ).

Industry
‘Persona 5 R’ domain update suggests possible incoming announcement
Published 1 day ago. 266 comments.
Updated Persona 5 on the way?

P5R-Domain_12-25-18.jpg

Atlus has moved the name servers of its P5R.jp domain name first registered back in April 2017 from its registrar’s servers to its own servers. Now, instead of returning a landing page with a notification that the domain is registered through Japanese domain registrar Onamae as it did before, it returns an HTTP 403 Forbidden error.

Previous Atlus game reveals have followed a similar pattern. For example:

• Persona Q2: New Shadow Labyrinth‘s website domain PQ2.jp was registered on April 18, 2017, and its name servers were moved to Atlus servers on July 27, 2017, six days ahead of its official announcement.

• Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight‘s website domain Persona-Dance.jp was registered on April 18, 2017, and its name servers were moved to Atlus servers on July 28, five days ahead of its official announcement.

• Catherine: Full Body‘s website domain FullBody.jp was registered on October 31, 2017, and its name servers were moved to Atlus servers on December 11, eight days ahead of its official announcement.
The Persona 5 the Animation: Dark Sun… special will air on December 30. The official Persona Twitter account has already confirmed that new information about recently announced Persona Super Live 2019 concert will be shared during a commercial that airs during the program. And with the P5R.jp domain updated today, it is very possible Atlus will share more than just concert information.

Thanks, Persona Central.
source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Anime
Persona 5 the Animation: Stars and Ours special airs March 23
Published 2 days ago. 26 comments.
The conclusion to the animated series.

P5A-Stars-Ours_02-08-19.jpg

Persona 5 the Animation: Stars and Ours, the December 2018-announced special animation that will conclude the CloverWorks-produced animated series, will air on March 23 from 20:00 to 21:00 JST on Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, and Tochigi TV, Atlus announced.

Here is a summary of the special (Warning: Persona 5 late-game spoilers):

The Phantom Thieves succeeded in reforming Masayoshi Shido, the politician pulling the strings behind every incident.

However, the public’s response was not what they imagined.

In order to correct the societal distortion, and to carry out the justice that they believe in, Ren Amamiya and the gang prepare to face their final battle as the Phantom Thieves of Hearts.

This is a rumor so far. ^^^But there was a vote Recently.^^^

15 hours ago
RUMOR: PERSONA 5S May Be Coming To The PlayStation 4 And Nintendo Switch
Atlus' Persona 5S may be coming to the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, according to the latest rumor doing the rounds; more information supposedly coming soon.Read more

| 3/2/2019
Filed Under: "Role-Playing" Source: Wccftech

14873.jpg

According to the latest rumor doing the rounds, Atlus may be considering bringing Persona 5S to the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Swtich. The news comes from Twitter user Mr. Ohya, who had previously revealed that Atlus was planning on revealing Persona 5R before they actually announced it.

If the rumor was to be believed, the source claims that this new Persona 5S title will be coming out in fall of 2019, and that more information on the project will likely be revealed before May.

Atlus, in their official announcement of Persona 5R, mentioned that more information on that mysterious project was going to be revealed in March, so we should expect further announcements in the coming months — for sure — and maybe even about this brand-new Persona 5S coming our way.

Atlus will release Persona 5 as P5S on Switch/PS4, Fall 2019

Mr. Ohya @JaridOhya

Atlus will release Persona 5 as P5S on Switch/PS4, Fall 2019

4:31 AM - Feb 28, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

391 people are talking about this

Kano @SWORD @Kanozu_

· Feb 28, 2019

Replying to @JaridOhya
next month ?
1f440.png

Mr. Ohya @JaridOhya

Before May, you’ll have your info.

4:40 AM - Feb 28, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Mr. Ohya's other Tweets

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

PlayStation 4
Persona 5: The Royal announced for PS4
Published 1 day ago. 707 comments.

More information coming April 24.

P5R_03-22-19-1.jpg

Following a tease in December 2018, Atlus has announced Persona 5: The Royalfor PlayStation 4. It is an RPG.

A short teaser commercial debuted following today’s Persona 5 the Animation: Stars and Ours broadcast. In it, a voice asks, “What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?” A new female character responds, “I think helping people is a wonderful thing, but if I had to say, I don’t like them. I don’t think the Phantom Thieves’ methods will make the world a better place or help anyone. In the end, I feel like you can only solve that yourself.”

More information will be announced on April 24 at the Persona Super Live concert.

Watch the teaser commercial below.

Visit the teaser website here.

looks interesting, especially if we can play as a female protag.

however, I'm not a fan of these "teasers of teasers of announcements." we waited since December for this small piece of news, and now we have to wait another month for more news. sigh.

really wish they'd just make a full announcement and be done with it.

for one, I'd like to know how this relates to the current version of P5, so I know whether to continue my current playthrough or wait for the new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"