• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

No Way Home Post-NWH: What Do You Want To See In The Next Trilogy?(Potential Spoilers Ahead)

I'm still confused with all these villains spin-offs.

Like, since they are being used for their own movie, does that mean we won't see MCU versions of Morbius, Kraven, Venom, etc? Are they going to bring them from the multiverse (which doesn't make much sense)? Are we going to have two versions of them, like Hardy's Venom and an MCU one?

I don’t think so. The MCU will move on to other villains, while the Sony-Verse will have those. Maybe Garfield can be their Spider-Man? And Tobey can go make a Spider-Man Renew Your Vows movie with Dunst & Raimi to say good-bye to the character.

I see the MCU Spider-Man (Holland) battling Kingpin (an MCU character) and a minor mob villain (Sony) in SM4. Like I said before, Mr. Negative is a smart choice here. I doubt he’d carry a spin-off anyhow, so Sony wouldn’t be giving up much.

Then, in SM5, Peter’s fighting himself (clones) with help from the MCU’s freshly-launched Fantastic Four. Maybe include an adaptation of Miles Warren, but again he’s a Sony-owner character that wouldn’t have likely been in line to receive a solid film.

Then lastly, you have SM6 which serves as a transitional movie with Miles Morales taking over from Peter Parker. The symbiote will return (having bonded to Peter previously in SM4) with Venom as main antagonist but it probably will not be Eddie Brock so as to not interfere with the Tom Hardy movies. In the MCU, Venom is Mac Gargan or a Peter clone (Kane?) from SM5.

This way, mainline MCU movies can continue with Miles Morales villains (Prowler, female Doctor Octopus, etc.) supported by MCU hero guest appearances, and Sony can use the more famous rogues for their spin-off endeavors. Maybe Sony gives us a Joker-level success with one of these…

Last edited:
I’m all for the Clone Saga, mostly because I think Ben Reilly and the Scarlet Spider is a piece of the visual tapestry of Spider-Man lore that’s yet to be utilised.

But I also can’t help but feel like we’ve had our fill of multiple Spideys now, not to mention variants in Loki / Dr. Strange.

Reactions: Lip
I'd like for Spidey to be by himself for a little while (though I don't see that happening honestly). Just in his own world for a little. I'd also like to see a winter tale Spider-man. It looked fantastic!

Regarding MJ, that does happen in real life. But I still rather see MJ as Peter's "the one".

But I'm also completely on board with her not returning for the next few movies while Pete moves on to new relationships. I think it could be more emotional when she comes back, maybe at the end of the second trilogy.

I'd rather they not tread the MJ slash Michelle ground again.
With this universe, they've already broken the rules and forged their own path from other iterations.
That's not to say Peter can't still be getting over MJ when the new film begins, but I'd prefer not try to find a way for her to remember or to have her fall for him all over again in a different way.

I hope that Peter meets someone new .
I'd like him to meet a young woman who makes him realize that life goes on, and that his HS isn't his whole life.

I see the Home trilogy very much as a snapshot in a time in this Peter's life, his teen years.
It's his wonder years .

I would hope they move forward where he's exposed to a new love ,or love interests as man as opposed to a kid.

I want to see what it will be like for him to fall with a young woman in college ,as opposed to a HS sweetheart.

I'd like them to continue with a new love interest , and exploit characters who haven't been exploited yet.

That may not be everyone's view, but I really don't want them to try to reestablish the Peter and MJ dynamic again.

It's tempting to want to return to it and to somehow bring them back together, but I think it would be better to move beyond that and try to cover new ground .

That's my feeling at least.

Last edited:
Mr. Negative as the lead villain.

A major crime boss as a secondary villain, like Hammerhead or Tombstone. Maybe Kingpin could also play that role (and possibly lead to Matt Murdock appearing again, this time as Daredevil)?

Felicia Hardy/Black Cat as a love interest.

A more crime/heist eccentric movie.

For Spider-Man: Brand New Day (working title for Spider-Man 4), I’d like to see parts of the “Warriors” story arc from Ultimate Spider-Man (#79–85) adapted:

Peter Parker, New York’s friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, dives head first into the middle of a deadly gang war brewing between the brutal Kingpin of crime, Wilson Fisk, and a dangerous new rival for control of the city’s criminal underworld. Peter teams with blind lawyer Matt Murdock and martial arts master Shang-Chi to combat this growing threat, and Felicia Hardy, the mysterious Black Cat, who’s seemingly working both sides of this conflict, testing his limits as a costumed hero.

Things get really complicated as Peter bonds to an alien symbiote, granting him more power than he’s ever hard to defeat his enemies as Spider-Man. But at a cost…

tumblr_inline_ppg5e6ZHjG1vu81a6_540.gifv

dare-devil-come-at-me-bro.gif

shang-chi-simu-liu.gif

black-cat.gif

giphy.gif

Like the comics story arc written by Bendis, the rival mob boss could be Hammerhead or replaced with a newer character like Mr. Negative. Maybe he has ties to the Ten Rings to further justify Shang-Chi’s involvement? Kingpin could even give Spider-Man intel to go after this rival, like he does in the comics (“go be the hero”), while the two eat pizza at Fisk Tower (the previous Avengers tower).

15d4b353d1a34723797810717666.gif

EcqF15WXoAI1osg.jpg

Kingpin uses his Enforcers to fight his battles, comprised of Mac Gargan, Fancy Dan, & Ox. Gargan dons a Scorpion mech-suit, and similarly Fancy Dan & Ox get MCU-tech upgrades (opportunity for the Tinkerer to return, and Melvin Potter from the Netflix series). Kingpin is still a menacing character, but he operates inside the MCU now so things around him are more colorful.

tumblr_padejzwdWk1qkq3ido1_640.gifv

maxresdefault.jpg

Peter is especially tested when he bonds with the alien symbiote after it’s accidentally released during a fight inside Mr. Negative’s research facility—maybe the symbiotic also serves as the origin of Negative’s Lightforce/ Darkforce powers?

spectacular-spider-man-symbiote.gif

Since the Enforcers are the first super villains Peter is facing after downgrading to a cloth suit following the events of No Way Home, he finds himself overwhelmed and so the alien costume is a welcome help. The symbiote preys on Peter’s loneliness which he struggles to overcome. When he does eventually separate himself from it, he buries the symbiote under cement at a construction site (for a rainy day or, more specifically, a sequel).

spectacular-spiderman.gif

MJ (Zendaya) appears in a minor role throughout the film. Peter frequents the coffee shop where MJ works again now that she’s back home for summer vacation. The two have developed a friendly relationship, as regular customer & friendly barista. No romance…yet. And she has no idea about Spider-Man or their past together.

84aacf889fd29e88ecff469e9ab4b5b3.gif

tumblr_ple3finHXp1tctq75o2_540.gif

I dig all of this :hyper:

Whatever they do, don't do a college trilogy. Let the guy age normally and have his movies follow the same timeline as everyone else. A hypothetical college trilogy would keep him basically trapped in time because this movie has to only be 1 year later than the last one otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

To be honest, I rather they just ditch school altogether. He's a young adult trying to balance a job, paying the bills, and being Spiderman. I think another 3-4 hours of school per day might be a bit too much on top of all of that.

I say no college for 4.

But what could a story worth telling is Peter deciding to go back to college later on, because he hopes to something else in life, or to regain some normalcy in the present. A misguided decision perhaps.

I want D'Onofrio's Kingpin as the next villain so bad. Ties in so perfectly with the idea of Peter having a clean break from his past (really every conflict MCU's Spider-man has been in thus far has been a direct or indirect result of Stark or Spider-man's relationship with Stark, so taking on a completely unrelated crime lord is exactly the direction Spider-man needs right now).

However, while I also want Spider-man to team up with Daredevil, I'd rather they wait until a later movie. I feel like it would be more fun if Spider-man and Daredevil each had their own independent rivalries with Kingpin before finally meeting eachother and being like "wait you've been trying to take this guy down too?"

Whatever they do, don't do a college trilogy. Let the guy age normally and have his movies follow the same timeline as everyone else. A hypothetical college trilogy would keep him basically trapped in time because this movie has to only be 1 year later than the last one otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

To be honest, I rather they just ditch school altogether. He's a young adult trying to balance a job, paying the bills, and being Spiderman. I think another 3-4 hours of school per day might be a bit too much on top of all of that.

Not necessarily. People can start college at any any age really. Plus if you factor in grad school, a person could technically be in college for like 7 years, if they are doing full time. Longer if they are doing part time. The college aspect doesn't need to be the main focus here.

My guess would be that the college aspect would be like it was in the Raimi films.

He goes to class, has some classmates who could be supporting characters , but it's not the main focus of the story.

The rumors are that the second trilogy is going to be the college trilogy so , I don't think there's gonna be a way of keeping him out of college.

Plus, they aren't gonna jump ahead that far in time as long as Marvel is still making the films for Sony.
So he's still gonna age in post snap , real time.

Now, I don't want them to replay the same Scooby gang dynamics with a group of Freshman and sophomore's classmates etc.

I'd want him to meet people who are quite different from the people he met in HS, including Felicia Hardy.

I'd also want him to struggle more much like Maguire's Peter did , balancing work, college, and being Spiderman, in addition to trying to keep his apartment.

Hoping for Kraven and Scorpion for the villains and Felicia Hardy for the new love interest.

It’d be really unique and interesting to finally see Black Cat in a film and have her be the new MJ/Gwen.

Also hoping for that awesome suit from the ending to stay. Praying that it becomes the standard MCU Spidey suit. Looks so damn good!!!

They need to introduce Black Cat/Felicia Hardy

Oscorp

Venom of course
No Way Home established that there is no Oscorp in the MCU. Granted, it could always be found after the events of No Way Home, but I think Marvel likely feels doing anything Osborn/Goblin related after No Way Home would be too redundant at this point, and would likely avoid them for the next trilogy. Especially since the last non-MCU incarnation of the franchise already covered that ground already.

….then again, Morbius has apparently has a Oscorp(though its logo looks like the one from the ASM series) and that seems to be set in the MCU considering that Keaton’s Vulture is there. So who knows for sure at this point?

Last edited:
Yes, love a winter Spider-Man story. It was so fun to have the movie end with a final swing in the snow.

I agree. Peter gets his GED, but doesn’t go to college. If so, make it so he’s getting credits online or something along those lines…

Let us see Peter balancing job(s) and struggling to make rent—college just isn’t in the cards for our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Just like Tobey Maguire, something as easy as an 8pm curtain call can become so complicated. Tom Holland’s Peter is literally on his own trying to get by in NYC. Outside of his multiple jobs and, most importantly, time spent webslinging, he just doesn’t have time for himself.

Heck, make that another reason he loves using the symbiote suit in SM4. With it, he’s able to fight quicker, smarter, etc. to the point where he’s able to complete his Spider-Man heroics early/quicker than usual and has an afternoon free (which never happens) to meet with admissions or sign-up online.

He knows he has to give up the symbiote because of what it doing to him, but by doing so he’s also giving up a pathway back to his previous life-track, i.e. college & a normal(-ish) young adult life.

No Way Home established that there is no Oscorp in the MCU. Granted, it could always be found after the events of No Way Home, but I think Marvel likely feels doing anything Osborn/Goblin related after No Way Home would be too redundant at this point, and would likely avoid them for the next trilogy. Especially since the last non-MCU incarnation of the franchise already covered that ground already.

….then again, Morbius has apparently has a Oscorp(though it looks like the one from the ASM series) and that seems to be set in the MCU considering that Keaton’s Vulture is there. So who knows for sure at this point?

If we’re going evil corporation for Spidey, lets go with Alchemex or Horizon Labs (reimagined). Before No Way Home, I was looking forward to recast Osborns, Doc Ock, etc. but it really doesn’t seem the MCU is interested in going that route.

Maybe we see Harry Osborn and more closely tie his story to his PS4 adaptation, but that’s a big if too.

The only goblin, IMO, that may still appear in the MCU is the Hobgoblin. Just make him unrelated to the Osborns, and really lean in on the “who is the Hobgoblin” story.

No Way Home established that there is no Oscorp in the MCU. Granted, it could always be found after the events of No Way Home, but I think Marvel likely feels doing anything Osborn/Goblin related would be too redundant at this point, and would likely avoid them for the next trilogy. Especially since the last non-MCU incarnation of the franchise already covered that already.

….then again, Morbius has apparently has a Oscorp(though it looks like the one from ASM series) and that seems to be set in the MCU considering that Keaton’s Vulture is there. So who knows?

Yeah.
I think the Osborns in the MCU may be off the table, especially after NWH.
Even introducing Harry would be a bit sticky at this point.

The Goblin that would seem the most likely would be a Kingsley or Macendale Hobgoblin , but that might also come off as a "been there , done that" especially after the havok The Raimiverse Norman has reaked on Holland's Peter.

So I doubt Marvel is going to do The Hobgoblin, even though alot of fans may want it.

….then again, Morbius has apparently has a Oscorp(though it looks like the one from the ASM series) and that seems to be set in the MCU considering that Keaton’s Vulture is there. So who knows for sure at this point?

Have Oscorp be up and coming, the next big thing since Stark Industries.

Have Oscorp be up and coming, the next big thing since Stark Industries.
They can do that, absolutely, but creatively that’s just not the direction I ever see them going in. Give the Oscorp stuff a break. There’s plenty of evil science corporations in the Marvel comics to fill that void. I really don’t think anything Oscorp related will ever be explored in the MCU as I think they would want to avoid redundancy after the GOAT Dafoe crushed it again. They need to go with something fresh, imo. I also don’t think we will ever see any actual MCU versions of any of the other villains in this film out of fear of redundancy as well.

Last edited:
IF they do decide to do another Goblin story at some point (hopefully not in the next one but maybe down the line), I'm fine if they decide to bench Norman and Harry and give Hobgoblin the spotlight. They could play up the mystery angle and keep his identity a secret. They could also follow a similar route as the comics and have whoever is the Hobgoblin (Kingsly, Machendale, etc...) stumble upon the goblin equipment (be it the Dafoe Goblin's leftovers or some other company that was inspired by Dafoe's appearance).

Having said that I'd rather see other villains first before they go down that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"