• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prequel to 'The Thing' - Part 1

Can't wait to see this next week. I'll be watching the 1982 movie again the day before the prequel is out, and maybe also read the Dark Horse omnibus of Thing comics I have.

I am excited to see this because I like the 1982 movie. I will guess that this will be in the 60s-70s on RT...or hope. If it's in that range or higher...I think it will be worth the watch. If it's below that, then I won't get my hopes up for quality.

Even though this is a prequel it looks just like the original(Carpenter's version). I know they're trying to emulate it but all I see is the same thing. I certainly hope they do something with the story than just regurgitate the previous one and that it doesn't turn into action movie.

Oh god, I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. It's late, I'm eating a big meal and watching The Thing for the first time.

*** ******!!

How do you mean?

The main thing I have concerns about is this director..

Every single clip I watch, it's a numbing experience. The score is wrong. The panic, paranoia, doesn't feel real, it's all more of the same.

Some reviewer might have said it best when he described it as The Thing's Greatest Hits. I didn't wait this many years to see the same damn movie done with lesser execution.

I am excited to see this because I like the 1982 movie. I will guess that this will be in the 60s-70s on RT...or hope. If it's in that range or higher...I think it will be worth the watch. If it's below that, then I won't get my hopes up for quality.

Ultimatehero on this board said that he saw the movie and he gave it around a 6-7/10. Though, I have seen some people on other boards give it about an 8/10.

Even though this is a prequel it looks just like the original(Carpenter's version). I know they're trying to emulate it but all I see is the same thing. I certainly hope they do something with the story than just regurgitate the previous one and that it doesn't turn into action movie.

Ultimatehero said he saw the movie and definitely said that it is definitely a prequel and doesn't retread the exact same stuff, though there are some nods to the original.

Radaradatoolikeoriginalradaradanotenoughlikeoriginalradaradarada.

Interesting, does the fact he only thought about playing it mean it was just 'meh'...that's how I'm reading it.

"I liked the movie, I didn’t love it." seems to sum it up. FWIW, that seems to be the early word about the movie.

So good, not great movie then seems to be the consensus? Not bad considering the novelty of recreating a 1980's movie feel while being 30 years later with the ability to completely redo it. And while I hate to go there, this is how the PT should've been in relation to the OT (Star Wars).

Tonight's the LA premiere. Wonder if the Norwegian actors will show up too. Would be kinda cool.

MEW is on AOTS right now.

5TZEP.jpg

GqMHB.jpg

zPVvh.jpg

It is a prequel about what happened at the Norwegian base prior to the events of the first film.

I noticed also, that it's just titled "The Thing", which indicates remake. If it were'nt they should've & could've gone with another title. I only hope it is a sequel & won't be disappointed.

It's not a sequel, it's a prequel. I agree that titling it "The Thing" doesn't help clear up the fact that it's not a remake.

Quick review....

I liked it. It was decent. Not fantastic.

While the character's were pretty weak, and some of the deaths felt cheap, it was a pretty cool movie. It ties in perfectly with The Thing, except for the footage of them blowing up stuff, which Mac and the crew watched.

There's a ton of CGI. It was probably practical mixed with CGI, but it all blended pretty well.

The Thing-OUT moments were pretty ****ing cool. That's one of the main reason I saw the flick.

The THINGS themselves were decent. The Split-Face guy was cool to finally see in motion, as was an earlier one. But they all kinda had the same look. They all looked like the dog thing. But eh. Oh well.

There is, however one stand out moment. It was already given away in the trailer...but still..it's the best THING OUT in the film. It's just so ****ing fast and insane that it made me grin pretty big.

If it wasn't in the trailer...it would've been a scene on par with the Norris Thing Out. And it happens fairly early in the film too.

7/10. I'm expecting everyone on this board to hate it...but it's a decent prequel, although unnessesary, to The Thing.

Oh yeah, and MEW was badass. She's awesome. I hope she gets more action roles.

Read more: http://thebetterboard.com/index.cgi...tvmusicgames&thread=2182&page=1#ixzz1aXQnVU3T

Quick review....

I liked it. It was decent. Not fantastic.

While the character's were pretty weak, and some of the deaths felt cheap, it was a pretty cool movie. It ties in perfectly with The Thing, except for the footage of them blowing up stuff, which Mac and the crew watched.

There's a ton of CGI. It was probably practical mixed with CGI, but it all blended pretty well.

The Thing-OUT moments were pretty ****ing cool. That's one of the main reason I saw the flick.

The THINGS themselves were decent. The Split-Face guy was cool to finally see in motion, as was an earlier one. But they all kinda had the same look. They all looked like the dog thing. But eh. Oh well.

There is, however one stand out moment. It was already given away in the trailer...but still..it's the best THING OUT in the film. It's just so ****ing fast and insane that it made me grin pretty big.

If it wasn't in the trailer...it would've been a scene on par with the Norris Thing Out. And it happens fairly early in the film too.

7/10. I'm expecting everyone on this board to hate it...but it's a decent prequel, although unnessesary, to The Thing.

Oh yeah, and MEW was badass. She's awesome. I hope she gets more action roles.

Read more: http://thebetterboard.com/index.cgi...tvmusicgames&thread=2182&page=1#ixzz1aXQnVU3T

Hmmm...interesting.
Did they actually do that [blackout]blood test[/blackout] they hinted about in one of the clips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"