• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Justice League Ray Fisher - WB Investigation Updates Thread

i too, would like to fart on shirley maclaine's face.
then take her out for some breakfast and coffee.
eggs benedict and pancakes.

I had a well respected teacher who got in trouble for groping students. He had no previous history of allegations and other than occasionally being a difficult personality, was pretty adored statewide for decades. However, he did indeed grope at least two students with myself being one of them and he's now a registered sex offender.

I know some of you think that abuse can't come out of nowhere, but it absolutely can. And someone behaving abusively to one person or a group of people doesn't mean they act that way with everyone.

Do I think Joss is guilty on anything particularly heinous? I've no real thought on that aspect until details emerge. However, Ray and Momoa clearly feel they were treated in a way that warrants a workplace investigation. And it just doesn't make sense how WB is trying to characterize Ray. He's such a money-hungry prima donna that he would risk throwing his entire career away to...fight for workplace reform? And it was such a convincing ruse that an actor with decades of experience in the business who is currently the face of WB's second highest grossing movie would back him and even claim wrongful treatment himself? Sorry, I don't buy that.

I ain't pointing fingers, but something clearly happened here. And it would seem the attempted cover-ups are what Ray is fighting harder against than the on-set treatment itself. Which makes sense to me, given Ray's battle seems more systemic in nature.

I had a well respected teacher who got in trouble for groping students. He had no previous history of allegations and other than occasionally being a difficult personality, was pretty adored statewide for decades. However, he did indeed grope at least two students with myself being one of them and he's now a registered sex offender.

I know some of you think that abuse can't come out of nowhere, but it absolutely can. And someone behaving abusively to one person or a group of people doesn't mean they act that way with everyone.

Do I think Joss is guilty on anything particularly heinous? I've no real thought on that aspect until details emerge. However, Ray and Momoa clearly feel they were treated in a way that warrants a workplace investigation. And it just doesn't make sense how WB is trying to characterize Ray. He's such a money-hungry prima donna that he would risk throwing his entire career away to...fight for workplace reform? And it was such a convincing ruse that an actor with decades of experience in the business who is currently the face of WB's second highest grossing movie would back him and even claim wrongful treatment himself? Sorry, I don't buy that.

I ain't pointing fingers, but something clearly happened here. And it would seem the attempted cover-ups are what Ray is fighting harder against than the on-set treatment itself. Which makes sense to me, given Ray's battle seems more systemic in nature.

sorry you had to go through all that man.

yup, from my perspective, if ray was being a prima donna then his current actions don't seem rational then.
he seems like he's on a crusade instead.

do i agree with his method of using social media to battle it out with wb?
not 100%.
but its his right.

and WB is also playing dirty too. and that there says alot to me.

No one has ever accused Whedon of being difficult on set. Charisma Carpenter was written out of the fourth season of Angel because of her pregnancy, that’s the only somewhat questionable aspect of Whedon’s career so far. I think he’s being treated unfairly.
In regards Buffy, by the end of the show the cast seemed to be quite strained with each other. Not SITC strained but enough so that SMG seemed irritated anytime it was brought up (even the mention of Alyson Hannigan) during interviews. Nicholas Brendon also went off the rails

It's only in the last few years the cast have gotten on the same page. I'm not saying Whedon did anything heinous but any Buffy fan will tell that in season 7, it wasn't hard to see something wasn't right based on performances.

Hard to believe as well that Buffy began over 20 years ago, so what would have been acceptable on set back then wouldn't be the same as today. What it comes down to is that Whedon's past has no relevance in terms of this investigation.

Whedon’s ex wife also said he used his power to sleep with women from his sets. So bald Whedon isn’t an angel here either.

In regards Buffy, by the end of the show the cast seemed to be quite strained with each other. Not SITC strained but enough so that SMG seemed irritated anytime it was brought up (even the mention of Alyson Hannigan) during interviews. Nicholas Brendon also went off the rails

It's only in the last few years the cast have gotten on the same page. I'm not saying Whedon did anything heinous but any Buffy fan will tell that in season 7, it wasn't hard to see something wasn't right based on performances.

Hard to believe as well that Buffy began over 20 years ago, so what would have been acceptable on set back then wouldn't be the same as today. What it comes down to is that Whedon's past has no relevance in terms of this investigation.

Marti Noxon was in charge during the last 2 seasons of Buffy which was also on a different network than the first 5 seasons. I'm not saying she did anything heinous but Whedon was by all accounts more involved with Firefly season 1 up until its cancellation during the final season of Buffy. Crazy that he had 3 shows running simultaneously at that point.

debra winger is a pretty lady but i would not want to smell her farts.
womens farts usually stank more cuz women tend to hold in their farts but that just makes them more potent.

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

qIIWWpX.jpg

Figured I'll post this to kind of go along with Grace's video.

Edit:

She also liked this post: (not linked for language)
Not Isaac
@Starturtle55
·
Sep 22

Geoff Johns could have remained a really well respected comic writer, but noooooooo he had to go and be a s****y big shot producer who didn't care about the well being of the cast and crew.

Last edited:
Marti Noxon was in charge during the last 2 seasons of Buffy which was also on a different network than the first 5 seasons. I'm not saying she did anything heinous but Whedon was by all accounts more involved with Firefly season 1 up until its cancellation during the final season of Buffy. Crazy that he had 3 shows running simultaneously at that point.
3 shows running was a lot alright, must have stretched himself a bit too much. Might explain his strange treatment of Charisma Carpenter.

On Diane Nelson, I think she's tweeted before on the subject but again nothing concrete. It is nice though that she's being supportive. Sooner the exposé drops the better. :p

And her account seems to be gone. Or rather the content on it is gone.

Someone received a note from an attorney...

Someone received a note from an attorney...
Which you could be read as being indicative of the challenge Fisher faces. It's easy to say where's his evidence but if an attorney can come down like a tonne of bricks on a nothing tweet then that explains a lot.

Last edited:

Holy crap, I'm sorry to hear this happened to you man. **** that guy.

qIIWWpX.jpg

Figured I'll post this to kind of go along with Grace's video.

Edit:

She also liked this post: (not linked for language)
Not Isaac
@Starturtle55
·
Sep 22

Geoff Johns could have remained a really well respected comic writer, but noooooooo he had to go and be a s****y big shot producer who didn't care about the well being of the cast and crew.

The irony about all of this is she was the one who promoted him in the first place and for a long time she was a frequent target of Snyder fans due to her perceived friendship with him. Not to mention if she knew he had mistreated "plenty" of comic creators, wouldn't that make her, as his superior at the time, an "enabler" too. Still, with all we know about the corporate side of Hollywood, there's still so much that keeps shocking me when it comes to the public side of things vs what actually happens behind closed doors. For all we know Nelson could've never even wanted to make Johns DC President but someone forced her to. What surprises me even more is that Dan DiDio has had a lot more bad stories than Geoff Johns over the years, yet when he was fired this year Nelson was one of the first people to reach out and wish him well on social media.

I don't know what to think about this anymore. It's baffling to me how someone who came from nothing and suffered through the tragedy of losing his sister could become such an awful human being, at least if you'd believe the people that worked closely with him. In my book it's unconscionable for anyone who acts like this in real life to go and write stories about heroism, hope, redemption and fighting against adversity. How can anyone live with themselves doing that. And for what? Money? Fame? Status? For what purpose when both himself and his life's work are disgraced after he's exposed. How can I ever go back and read Green Lantern Rebirth when the person who wrote that story appears to not believe in any of the themes he explored in it. And I'm seeing this from a clearly selfish point of view as a DC fan, what about the people who suffered from all this garbage. I don't understand why anyone would want to have a reputation like this with their own peers.

I admit, selfishly I don't want Johns to be fired or blacklisted because I believe he's an asset to DC and he's at least half the reason I became a DC fan, but stuff like this should never go unpunished. Fisher, Momoa, Nelson, everyone else who have spoken out, they can't all be lying about this.

Last edited:
GJ is doing OK with those CW shows (based on viewership) keep him there.

So, quick question for people following this super closely, would anyone be able to give me some context for why on Earth people are mocking Ray about a microwave? I'm getting the impression he heard the investigator microwaving something, felt this was unprofessional and got deeply paranoid/offended. This sounds like a highly uncharitable reading so I was hoping someone could clear it up.

The irony about all of this is she was the one who promoted him in the first place and for a long time she was a frequent target of Snyder fans due to her perceived friendship with him. Not to mention if she knew he had mistreated "plenty" of comic creators, wouldn't that make her, as his superior at the time, an "enabler" too. Still, with all we know about the corporate side of Hollywood, there's still so much that keeps shocking me when it comes to the public side of things vs what actually happens behind closed doors. For all we know Nelson could've never even wanted to make Johns DC President but someone forced her to. What surprises me even more is that Dan DiDio has had a lot more bad stories than Geoff Johns over the years, yet when he was fired this year Nelson was one of the first people to reach out and wish him well on social media.

I don't know what to think about this anymore. It's baffling to me how someone who came from nothing and suffered through the tragedy of losing his sister could become such an awful human being, at least if you'd believe the people that worked closely with him. In my book it's unconscionable for anyone who acts like this in real life to go and write stories about heroism, hope, redemption and fighting against adversity. How can anyone live with themselves doing that. And for what? Money? Fame? Status? For what purpose when both himself and his life's work are disgraced after he's exposed. How can I ever go back and read Green Lantern Rebirth when the person who wrote that story appears to not believe in any of the themes he explored in it. And I'm seeing this from a clearly selfish point of view as a DC fan, what about the people who suffered from all this garbage. I don't understand why anyone would want to have a reputation like this with their own peers.

I admit, selfishly I don't want Johns to be fired or blacklisted because I believe he's an asset to DC and he's at least half the reason I became a DC fan, but stuff like this should never go unpunished. Fisher, Momoa, Nelson, everyone else who have spoken out, they can't all be lying about this.
It's possible Johns can also be a genuinely great guy who believes all those things he writes about and maybe even lives them, sometimes. People contain multitudes. This isn't a defense of Johns, just that him being a d-bag who was probably poorly suited to the position he was given and didn't handle power well doesn't make him a 24/7 monster. I've read plenty of people in comics praise Johns as a person, not just a writer, over the years.

Not a defense at all if he was indeed a massive prick as a producer which is clearly looking more and more likely. But still, I don't think there are any indications he's a monster.

This is kinda ridiculous at the moment. WB keeps trying to hype up the snyder cut movie and fisher keeps jumping in and slamming WB the day news comes out.

He is definitely hurting hype for snyder cut doing this. We get info of them filming more scenes and fisher comes out with another tweet.

Not sure if that is what he realizes what is happening since he has been pushing the snyder cut for so long. Just really strange timing how all this started with the snyder cut announcement and he keeps tweeting on days or moments before snyder cut stuff (today, fandome, announcement, etc)

Eh. I don't think it's an accident that he's timing these things near Snyder Cut announcements. But Ray doesn't have any real reason to want to hurt the Snyder Cut, as he's been a major proponent of it, and its a second chance to look good to moviegoers in the role of Cyborg. This whole thing essentially makes WB and the Whedon/Johns version of JL and its production look bad.

If anything, it makes AT&T and Warner Media into heroes because they're "righting the wrongs" of Whedon and Johns' film and production. And that would potentially make people want to see/support the Snyder Cut that much more.

just from a superficial reading of all this - it seems like wb studios or geoff himself was trying to set him be the kevin feige of the dceu.

but he was not fit for the role and in over his head.
and probably resorted to attempting to strong arming people.

it happens when managers, who are probably usually decent people all in all, but are not up to task so they start trying to flex their power.

just from a superficial reading of all this - it seems like wb studios or geoff himself was trying to set him be the kevin feige of the dceu.

but he was not fit for the role and in over his head.
and probably resorted to attempting to strong arming people.

it happens when managers, who are probably usually decent people all in all, but are not up to task so they start trying to flex their power.
This rings very, very true. I suspect we've all seen it happen in our own workplaces.

It's possible Johns can also be a genuinely great guy who believes all those things he writes about and maybe even lives them, sometimes. People contain multitudes. This isn't a defense of Johns, just that him being a d-bag who was probably poorly suited to the position he was given and didn't handle power well doesn't make him a 24/7 monster. I've read plenty of people in comics praise Johns as a person, not just a writer, over the years.

Not a defense at all if he was indeed a massive prick as a producer which is clearly looking more and more likely. But still, I don't think there are any indications he's a monster.

I don't know what he's really like behind closed doors and all that, but I often wonder how people can be a big Superman fan, say, and yet can act in complete opposite of what he would stand for. Same would go for someone who writes comics which depict aspirational and inspirational characters. In truth, I know how it can happen, which is that people can compartmentalize as a form of dealing with the cognitive dissonance of it, but it's still fascinating to me.

So, quick question for people following this super closely, would anyone be able to give me some context for why on Earth people are mocking Ray about a microwave? I'm getting the impression he heard the investigator microwaving something, felt this was unprofessional and got deeply paranoid/offended. This sounds like a highly uncharitable reading so I was hoping someone could clear it up.

People think Ray’s being petty about that but I completely sympathize with him on that. If I’m having a serious conversation with someone especially a legal investigator, I want your full damn attention. I dont wanna hear your microwave or tv in the background, that implies that your attention is elsewhere and not on the call.

that just shows the investigator wasn't taking it seriously.
wb just going thru the motions.

i bet that investigator was microwaving day old filet-o-fish from mcdonalds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"