Ridin’ with Biden

Define plenty.

Let's see... greatly increased Covid vaccine supply and distribution, got us back in the Paris Climate Agreement, dropped the Muslim ban, busy appointing new postmasters to the USPS to remove DeJoy...

You guys act like Biden has a late spring/early summer 2021 deadline to get EVERYTHING done. He's got until fall 2022 to get crucial stuff into law, knock on wood. Things can and will change.

If that means waiting to get a $15 minimum wage increase this summer or the fall, I'll take it. Because in exchange for removing it from the Covid relief package to appease Manchin and Sinema (and get it passed through reconciliation), Schumer and Biden are going to collect on their favor.

Let's see... greatly increased Covid vaccine supply and distribution, got us back in the Paris Climate Agreement, dropped the Muslim ban, busy appointing new postmasters to the USPS to remove DeJoy...

You guys act like Biden has a late spring/early summer 2021 deadline to get EVERYTHING done. He's got until fall 2022 to get crucial stuff into law, knock on wood. Things can and will change.

If that means waiting to get a $15 minimum wage increase this summer or the fall, I'll take it. Because in exchange for removing it from the Covid relief package to appease Manchin and Sinema (and get it passed through reconciliation), Schumer and Biden are going to collect on their favor.
Yeah, that ain't plenty in my book at all. Especially when he is thinning out the relief package more and more overtime.

Also let's give him the COVID vaccine supply and dsitrubition.

- Being in the Paris Climate Agreement means absolutely nothing. It's a non-biding set of goals that mean literally nothing.

- Dropping the "Muslim ban" was hard work? It's a bare minimum thing to do, not that it matters doing a pandemic.

- So he hasn't appointed a new postmaster general.

Let's look at the other side of the coin.

- He hasn't fixed immigration policy at the border, while giving ICE all the power they want.

- Refuses to cancel federal student loan debt.

- Has not cut off funding to states abandoning his "mask mandate" allowing the pandemic to spread and probably bring on a 4th wave.

- He has found a way to stick kids back in cages.

- He has abandoned the push for the $15 minimum wage.

What legislation is he going to get done on the $15 minimum wage, when according to you, Manchin won't sign off on it in reconciliation? It's the only way to do it...

By the way, a promise of $2000 checks back in December after congress already passed $600 checks, still hasn't happened. In fact, it will never actually happen and they are reducing the amount they are handing out. So, yeah.

- Being in the Paris Climate Agreement means absolutely nothing. It's a non-biding set of goals that mean literally nothing.
But you're an SJW, you should love Biden (and a number of other nations, at least most of whom are failing by their own standards) virtue-signalling :o

But you're an SJW, you should love Biden (and a number of other nations, at least most of whom are failing by their own standards) virtue-signalling :o
You have confused me for the Dems.

gp5X355.jpg

"Neanderthal thinking" isn't exactly the best expression Biden could have used. I think Biden needs to learn a thing or two about how intelligent Neanderthals actually were. He just sounds like your typical arrogant white man and no better than when Trump calls Mexicans criminals and rapists

"Neanderthal thinking" isn't exactly the best expression Biden could have used. I think Biden needs to learn a thing or two about how intelligent Neanderthals actually were. He just sounds like your typical arrogant white man and no better than when Trump calls Mexicans criminals and rapists
Unfortunately for Biden, Neanderthals were likely smarter than Trump's Republican party. The idea they were stupid or less intelligent than homo sapiens is wrong and has been for years. The kind of people who see a pandemic then go on to cripple any effort to stop it and say, "let's party!" on the other hand...

Unlike Mexicans, I don’t think there’s any Neanderthals around to get offended except that one commercial guy.

- He hasn't fixed immigration policy at the border, while giving ICE all the power they want.

- Refuses to cancel federal student loan debt.

- Has not cut off funding to states abandoning his "mask mandate" allowing the pandemic to spread and probably bring on a 4th wave.

- He has found a way to stick kids back in cages.

- He has abandoned the push for the $15 minimum wage.

What legislation is he going to get done on the $15 minimum wage, when according to you, Manchin won't sign off on it in reconciliation? It's the only way to do it...

You act like he will give up on it for the rest of his term. He will not, Bernie will make sure of that. And rest assured there WILL be a bill that Manchin and Sinema will want to pass into law (without enough R votes), and that gives Schumer and Biden leverage to pressure them into eliminating the filibuster.

Think of it this way: Do you make the two holdouts dig in their heels with the $15 dollar minimum wage amendment (and not have any Covid relief passed)? Or do you do the savvy route by letting them take it out for now, pressure them to eliminate the filibuster for an unrelated pet bill, then come back and pass the $15 minimum wage hike as a standalone bill?

And I am for cutting off state funding for states who lift mask mandates prematurely like TX and MS. But it will feed into the conservative mindset of "muh states' rights are at stake!" and gin up Republican turnout at the polls next year. It's not fair to punish Texans and Mississippians who continue to follow health guidelines even if their elected officials won't.

We are going into Biden's SECOND month as President. Even if more Dems won Senate seats last year and eliminated the filibuster on Day 1, some things can't be done lightning quick. It's the grind of bureaucratic government.

By the way, a promise of $2000 checks back in December after congress already passed $600 checks, still hasn't happened. In fact, it will never actually happen and they are reducing the amount they are handing out. So, yeah.

If that $600 difference is going to change your life then you have bigger problems to worry about. The $2000 check included the initial $600, that was pretty obvious.

Last edited:
If that $600 difference is going to change your life then you have bigger problems to worry about. The $2000 check included the initial $600, that was pretty obvious.
No ti didn't. The $600 had already passed. They were still talking about $2000 checks after that. It wasn't "split the check". Who said that it was?

I have to say, I think it is pretty brave to argue that a $1400 dollar check is super urgent for the American people, then laugh off the idea that people need more aid. The aid Dems themselves promised people would get if they voted for them. If $600 is no biggie, why even argue that we need the unemployment? It's "only" $400 bucks a week. It isn't going to "change anyone's life" according to you. An amount of money the federal minimum wage means you'd be lucky to make that much a week in the first place.

By the by, considering the general condition of the US economy and that we are in fact living through a pandemic, taking the piss with people who need all the aid they can get is incredibly gross to me. I am sorry poor people and others those looking to feed themselves and their family might actually need every dollar they can in this economy.

Last edited:
The money does matter because people are in fact living destitute right now due to this thing. If they had money issues beforehand it may have been their fault it may not have, but it's irrelevant.

You act like he will give up on it for the rest of his term. He will not, Bernie will make sure of that. And rest assured there WILL be a bill that Manchin and Sinema will want to pass into law (without enough R votes), and that gives Schumer and Biden leverage to pressure them into eliminating the filibuster.
I do love the idea that Bernie has to handle this. I mean I agree, but it's hilarious that Bernie is the one who actually has to give a damn. Not Biden.

Tell me, what bill would that be? Why should I "rest assured"? Where is this confidence suppose to come from exactly?

Think of it this way: Do you make the two holdouts dig in their heels with the $15 dollar minimum wage amendment (and not have any Covid relief passed)? Or do you do the savvy route by letting them take it out for now, pressure them to eliminate the filibuster for an unrelated pet bill, then come back and pass the $15 minimum wage hike as a standalone bill?
They aren't going to pass it as a standalone bill. What you do is force the holdouts to choose between no relief or all the relief. What you don't do? Tell those who are against the $15 minimum wage increase, that they don't have to worry about it. You aren't going to push for it.

And I am for cutting off state funding for states who lift mask mandates prematurely like TX and MS. But it will feed into the conservative mindset of "muh states' rights are at stake!" and gin up Republican turnout at the polls next year. It's not fair to punish Texans and Mississippians who continue to follow health guidelines even if their elected officials won't.
So? They already think like that anyways.

Also on the flip side, it is okay to punish Americans in general, because of arguably two senates though. Makes sense.

We are going into Biden's SECOND month as President. Even if more Dems won Senate seats last year and eliminated the filibuster on Day 1, some things can't be done lightning quick. It's the grind of bureaucratic government.
Tell me what is meaningfully going to be passed in the next 22 months, before the Republicans win the House back in 2022. And not through reconciliation.

Last edited:
The money does matter because people are in fact living destitute right now due to this thing. If they had money issues beforehand it may have been their fault it may not have, but it's irrelevant.
The only people who get the government handout so many people apparently fear are those who already have enough money, that they don't actually need them.

We have actual government officials saying in the middle of a pandemic, people might enjoy $400 dollars a week too much, because business aren't willing to match it, and thus we shouldn't give it to people because they will just sit at home. And these are the people Biden is listening to.

The $600 was the down payment for the $2000 check. His plan is basically the plan that the House passed when Trump said he wanted $2000 checks instead of the $600. They just trued up the amount with an additional $1400. AOC even backed the bill that the House passed.

if you’re living in destitute right now, that $600 isn’t going to help you next month or the month after that. You will still be in the same hole. That’s the hard truth that a lot of people don’t want to hear. I would rather they put more in unemployment benefits than the one time stimulus check. I think too many people are complaining about petty things rather than the things that matter most to the people who are truly suffering: unemployment benefits and minimum wage increase. You want to criticize Biden about those things, go right ahead...they’re actually warranted criticisms.

No ti didn't. The $600 had already passed. They were still talking about $2000 checks after that. It wasn't "split the check". Who said that it was?

I have to say, I think it is pretty brave to argue that a $1400 dollar check is super urgent for the American people, then laugh off the idea that people need more aid. The aid Dems themselves promised people would get if they voted for them. If $600 is no biggie, why even argue that we need the unemployment? It's "only" $400 bucks a week. It isn't going to "change anyone's life" according to you. An amount of money the federal minimum wage means you'd be lucky to make that much a week in the first place.

By the by, considering the general condition of the US economy and that we are in fact living through a pandemic, taking the piss with people who need all the aid they can get is incredibly gross to me. I am sorry poor people and others those looking to feed themselves and their family might actually need every dollar they can in this economy.

My understanding at the time was that the 600 was part of the 2000.

My understanding at the time was that the 600 was part of the 2000.
Then how was there ever going to be $2000 check? It wouldn't exist. Why were they asking for one, after the $600 already passed? We are also 2 months down the line, where you are asking people to stretch $1400 a lot more.

Biden was campaigning for the $2000 check when the House passed the supplemental bill that included an additional $1400 check on top of the $600 already passed. The senate republicans blocked that bill. At the time both Biden and Trump said the checks should be $2000, not just $600. Biden always campaigned on $2000 and the first piece of legislation that included $600 was part of that $2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"