Ridin’ with Biden

jack-will-and-grace-shock-reaction.gif
Every time I see news of Lady Gaga. She's always wearing something different or styled completely 180 from what I saw of her before. Today she looks very classy.

Every time I see news of Lady Gaga. She's always wearing something different or styled completely 180 from what I saw of her before. Today she looks very classy.

I rather adore her.

That's not what was promised, and that's not what was ran on. Biden said $2000. If Biden is already going to be compromising just to appease Republicans, for no goddamn reason, then this administration is already ****ed.

I don't think ramming it through via reconciliation is the right move, at this point.

America can take it. Sometimes you think something is too big for something but after some work it will get through.

I'm thinking of saving it for the budget, so the GOP can't force a shutdown. Again.

15.00 an hour for minimum wage huh? I know business owners are going to be griping about inflation.

Fine. Just make sure you get people what they need. THAT should be your #1 priority.

I don't understand the fuss about Biden's plan for Covid relief being $1400 checks. C'mon... 600+1400= 2000.

And it makes Republicans more amenable to passing another package. But if they hold their ground (even after the damage Trump wrecked) and Biden can't get 60 votes on it, he'll have to use reconciliation to get it done.

I don't understand the fuss about Biden's plan for Covid relief being $1400 checks. C'mon... 600+1400= 2000.

And it makes Republicans more amenable to passing another package. But if they hold their ground (even after the damage Trump wrecked) and Biden can't get 60 votes on it, he'll have to use reconciliation to get it done.
It would be fine if we were guaranteed a check every month, but we aren't. Last year we got a measly $1800. And this year we'll probably be lucky if we get another check after the $1400.

It would be fine if we were guaranteed a check every month, but we aren't. Last year we got a measly $1800. And this year we'll probably be lucky if we get another check after the $1400.

I got that plus the enhanced unemployment since I was off work for 6 months last year. It allowed me to build up a nice cushion and save up since I was one of the few who got paid more through the extra $600/week.

Do I think unemployed folks need retroactive monthly $2K checks going back to March 2020? Absolutely. But unfortunately Biden does not have a 60 vote majority to pass that. He's going to have to peel off at least 9-10 Republicans to sign on most legislation -- and they'll want to cut down some choice numbers or add pork of their own.

He should only use reconciliation for a big ticket item, probably the $15 minimum wage hike plus climate change and police reform.

I didn't know people were complaining about that, but I've been offline for a few hours. First off, I think $2000 isn't enough, but I never have. I don't agree with Biden on this, but I can certainly support his additional support of $1400. I would like to see more put in the unemployment insurance, but recognize it may not happen. Renters need protections as do people who fell behind on their mortgages because of this and I'd like to see some forgiveness there. Student loan debt is an important issue. With Biden in office, I'm willing to look at his overall package and not make as big a fuss as I have been making. I may not agree with him in the end, but I believe my concerns will be heard via Sanders, Warren, Markey, AOC, Tlaib, etc. (this list could go on for awhile, but I decided to name the most recognized to make a point).

Mix this in with a huge infrastructure bill and our country is headed in substantially the correct direction. We will see, but, for now, I am excited that, as Biden says, help is on the way and I at least feel that my concerns will be heard. If this is criticism, so be it, but I think of it as civilized discourse and political pressure. I don't think we've had this type of discourse for a long time and I'm looking forward to having it.

ErvdwKlW4AEJUFi

ErvdwVmXMAUtdnq

This was *after* the $600 stimulus was passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"