Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

The thing is that it would take a really awesome game to get me to care about playing a looter shooter starring King Shark and Captain Boomerang. Like, really awesome writing and story and almost innovative gameplay to get me to care.

But a game where I have to watch Harley Quinn kill Batman? Where The Flash's dead body gets pissed on?

Why would I want to play a game like this? What is supposed to be the appeal?

So let me get this straight, Rocksteady. You aren't going to give me a Superman game, or another Batman game... but you are going to give me a game with d-list villains I am not interested in where they murder heroes in cold blood and piss on their dead bodies.

I'll pass, thanks.

Why would I want to play a game like this? What is supposed to be the appeal?

I'll pass, thanks.
DC seems cursed to work with writers who absolutely hate these characters. Hard pass.
Watching the Cutscenes in order and not just out of context, it is very obvious they didnt understood the characters.

The Writers and story developers of this game are from this group:

eeek.png

I'm sure it was intentionally meant to be controversial, how Harley ended the Arkham Batman unceremoniously.

On the flipside, this game was the product of a previous DC regime. Gunn will no doubt make much better story decisions for the games released in the future.

I doubt we'll get anything like this again.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 79084

I'm sure it was intentionally meant to be controversial, how Harley ended the Arkham Batman unceremoniously.

On the flipside, this game was the product of a previous DC regime. Gunn will no doubt make much better story decisions for the games released in the future.

From here on out, I'm always going to wait and see if Sweet Baby Inc is a part of any game I get interested in. God I hope they're not taking any part in Ghost of Tsushima 2. That would ****ing SUCK.

They were heavily involved in this, from the script/dialogue to the cut scenes. Probably their biggest project. Even the character profiles where (no joke) Wonder Woman fights "toxic masculinity."

I think it's no surprise that's why Arkham Batman was randomly offed like a dog, while everyone looked up to Wonder Woman, cried over her, and she had this epic heroic end.

I admit I did laugh when Harley sexually molests Deadshot. I know why they did that, but I can already tell that will be an internet meme for a while. "Harley noo!"

The reviews are overwhelmingly negative for this, so it's unfortunate that the Arkham Batman series ended in this way.

The next DC games will supposedly be connected to Gunn's DCU. He wants a connected universe between films, TV, animation and games. So he should have creative oversight.

I'd put this below Schumaccer's "Batman and Robin." This may be one of the worst products to come out attached to the DC brand, and that's an accomplishment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the creative director and producers also work for Sweet Baby? Its hard to blame writers because they don't have the final say on a game unless they are also a project lead on it.

Its not like Spider-Man 2 has a scene like some of the stuff I've seen from this game, or God Of War Ragnarok.

View attachment 79084

Gunn quickly backtracked his talk about video games. And there ain't no way he is going to micromanage a video game, given what is all on his plate.

View attachment 79084

The game is bad no doubt but by posting their website and the pictures of some of the writers, I really hope you're not trying to imply that the game is bad for other reasons...

From here on out, I'm always going to wait and see if Sweet Baby Inc is a part of any game I get interested in.
They were involved in Spider-Man 2, God of War: Ragnarok and Alan Wake 2.

The game is bad no doubt but by posting their website and the pictures of some of the writers, I really hope you're not trying to imply that the game is bad for other reasons...

They saved me 200 dollars.

They saved me 200 dollars.

It should be pointed out none of the writers on this game worked on those games. If you want to continue to be petty, go ahead, but it is irrational, imo.

And lets be honest here. Look at Rocksteady's Arkham stuff. Are you really that surprised about what they did when given the Suicide Squad?

This is not the flex you think it is.
You're right. It's even better. 😆

Nah but for reals. My sympathy to anyone who spent money on this game. I would probably never trust again.

TAG SPOILERS!!! IF YOU DON'T, YOU'RE GETTING TIME OFF!!!! It ain't that hard yall. I am not doing it for yall every few hours. I will opt to put ya on vacation and make my job easier. The game only went live outside of early access today. Common sense

Damn. That 61 PS5 Metacritic score is unbelievable. Gotham Knights iirc has a much higher MC score somewhere in the 70s.

The game is being roasted because of the writing and the mechanics. From the writing side of things, that group is very much to blame.

They are the writers; Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Video Game 2024) - IMDb That's why I listed them.

Sweet Baby Inc was barely involved in Spider-Man 2, only as story consultants. Spider-Man 2 had it's own scriptwriters.

Suicide Squad seems to be the first project where the Sweet Baby Inc people are heavily involved (from a writing, dialogue and story standpoint).

So for those wondering why there was cynical contempt for certain characters.. and Batman was handled in that specific manner, that's why.

Ultimately, this is such a misfire that even progressive leaning outlets are giving it negative reviews, and IGN just posted this:

So the results will speak for themselves here.

Why post their pictures though? It's like you're trying to provoke a certain type of response from doing that.

Ultimately, this is such a misfire that even progressive leaning outlets are giving it negative reviews, and IGN just posted this:
What does IGN being progressive have to do with this? It's hard to take your posts in good faith when you say stuff like this. It seems like you're trying to dance around the idea that this game is bad cause it's woke or something. The game is plenty bad on it's own without getting into that kind of nonsense.

The game is being roasted because of the writing and the mechanics. From the writing side of things, that group is very much to blame.

They are the writers; Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Video Game 2024) - IMDb That's why I listed them.

Sweet Baby Inc was barely involved in Spider-Man 2, only as story consultants. Spider-Man 2 had it's own scriptwriters.

Suicide Squad seems to be the first project where the Sweet Baby Inc people are heavily involved (from a writing, dialogue and story standpoint).

So for those wondering why there was cynical contempt for certain characters.. and Batman was handled in that specific manner, that's why.

So the results will speak for themselves here.
buffy-buffy-the-vampire-slayer.gif

Why post their pictures though? It's like you're trying to provoke a certain type of response from doing that.

What does IGN being progressive have to do with this? It's hard to take your posts in good faith when you say stuff like this. It seems like you're trying to dance around the idea that this game is bad cause it's woke or something. The game is plenty bad on it's own without getting into that kind of nonsense.
source.gif

The problem with this game goes back to it being a GAAS. Though I'm surprised by people reacting to bad writing in Arkham, like it hasn't been there for the start. I really like the first two games, but they were riddled with writing issues. Which is why Origins is the best game in the series imo.

The explanation for how Batman comes back after Arkham Knight was terrible and is a throwaway reference

The ending of Arkham Knight was virtually meaningless. And it's another reason why I hate endings where you write yourselves into a corner and there's virtually no satisfying or legitimate way out.

Rocksteady had absolutely no business making a live service looter shooter. Rocksteady doesn't make those types of games, and they aren't good at them.

*Haktoo* to Suicide Squad.

Last edited:
When the dust settles, I would love to hear Sefton Hill and Jaimie Walkers' thoughts/feelings on the making of this game.

I doubt they'll say anything though.

62% after 23 reviews. I will probably only play this once it's getting close to shutdown date, ie in a few weeks lol. :o I have seen some say they're enjoying it so I might enjoy it in a detached way like I enjoyed the story part of Avengers, as in isolate certain elements that are positive and enjoy it for those while ignoring the parts that don't work - try and ignore the big picture of the overall game in other words. I can enjoy bad games a lot more than bad TV shows (films at least are very quick), but I don't want to pay anything close to full price if they aren't great.

Single player gamers seem to be sick of this live service stuff at this point while it wasn't as ingrained at the time of Avengers. Plus Avengers was still coming off Endgame while JL is not at the same level with the GA just now, and SS isn't comparable. Even if this had worked, it doesn't seem an efficient thing to put your premier studio on for such a long time.

The explanation for how Batman comes back after Arkham Knight was terrible and is a throwaway reference

The ending of Arkham Knight was virtually meaningless. And it's another reason why I hate endings where you write yourselves into a corner and there's virtually no satisfying or legitimate way out.

Rocksteady had absolutely business making a live service looter shooter. Rocksteady doesn't make those types of games, and they aren't good at them.

*Haktoo* to Suicide Squad.

It seems like the entire game (including tying it to the ArkhamVerse) was mandated by WB. Live service. Suicide Squad game with a black Deadshot to tie it to the 2016 movie and the 2016 Zack Snyder-led DCEU (which is why The Flash suit looks like that version, and Wonder Woman is Gal Gadot like). It has the same problem that The Avengers game had where it looks like a movie tie in game that missed its release window and is outdated. The Arkham universe tie in seems like another forced element in order to try and prop it up. It looks like such a mishmash of stuff (ArkhamVerse, DCEU) that it lacks its own identity.

I would be very interested to learn about the various early versions of this game they developed. How many different iterations it went through, and whether it was always intended to be a live service looter shooter or was going to be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"