Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

Not sure if anyone in their right mind expected this to go otherwise.

This looked like a train wreck from the very first trailer.

If this goes rotten, I am curious what reasons or excuses people might have for that. They can't just solely fall back on the sexism card or neckbeards being negative to be negative because Quantumania is still sitting with a 46 percent and Peyton Reed's no woman.

I thought it was a fun movie. Compare to Ant-Man 3, there aren't a lot of cringey moments. Compare to Eternals, it isn't hard and confusing to follow. However, it did feel like some pieces were missing and the eXecution could have been a lot better. There were two characters that were suddenly out of the picture
The prince and DarBenn's friend.
. The best part of it was the 3 leads which carried the movie. Its going to stink if this ends up as the 3rd rotten film.

Gags are inserted between every emotional moment

hopeless-disappointed.gif

Right now the count on RT is 4 rotten and 1 fresh which adds up to a score of 20%.

At first I was leaning between a 60 to 70 final score but from some of the stuff I’m seeing it might be more in the 50’s actually and that average score which is what really matters in my book is probably going to be pretty rough and probably very low 6’s to high 5’s.

Last edited:
53%
Average Rating: 5.6 out of 10
Fresh: 36
Rotten: 32

Last edited:
Good Lord... we finally got a MCU trilogy of rotten films. Two of those came out in the same year!

hopeless-disappointed.gif

Up to 54% (92 reviews).

I can't believe this has a lower RT rating than Venom 2. I disliked that movie.

A tad disappointing that the the film is not what it could be. Far too many reviews I've read and watched have all said that the film needed another 10-20 minutes to let things breathe and that it felt like a movie made by committee that was rushing to set things up for the future while doing a disservice to the 3 main leads who are all really good. 2023 is really shaping up to be the MCU's worst year ever, even behind 2013. They need a full overhaul of all their processes to prevent this continued slide.

Last edited:
Kamala recruiting Kate is my least favorite scene in the movie. I wish they cut that scene. Like do they think a Young Avengers movie is even possible now? Especially when the Marvels underperforms/bombs?

at least the Beast scene is related to the Multiverse story arc.

Kamala recruiting Kate is my least favorite scene in the movie. I wish they cut that scene. Like do they think a Young Avengers movie is even possible now? Especially when the Marvels underperforms/bombs?

at least the Beast scene is related to the Multiverse story arc.

When they made the movie they had no idea it would fail this hard. But I agree in the sense that the scene should have been the post-credits scene.

When they made the movie they had no idea it would fail this hard. But I agree in the sense that the scene should have been the post-credits scene.
Not even as a post credit scene.
Like i said, in the review thread, Kamala just moved to Louisiana and there was nothing in the film that suggested she was going to recruit other superheroes. And based from her previous room, she was a Captain Marvel stan and she already got her dream. And also why her to recruit Kate out of all the heroes?

If that was Kate recruiting Kamala, it might have worked better since we don't know eXactly what happened to Kate since that show.

Ouch, Dan Murrell called this movie an "unmitigated disaster for Marvel." Dan's probably my favorite most level headed and non hyperbolic movie critic these days so for him to say this, yeeesshh.

I'm still looking forward to it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"