Secret Invasion Season 1, Episode 6 - Home SPOILER Discussion Thread

Best part for me was the intro theme. It goes hard. But after that... eh... just wasn't my thing. Never was really interested in anything going on.

You're not really missing out if you skip this show. Yeah the Maria Hill death, but it's not like she's a major character. This probably should've been a 90 minute Disney Plus movie.

I guess Iger does have a point about releasing too much MCU content, at least when they're giving us stuff like this.

Also I hate the idea of a Super Skrull. They're way too powerful. G'iah should now be able to beat every hero with ease. They would need all of the Avengers to stand a chance against her.

F1-gSHIaIAIUdun

It's sad how accurate this actually is... you can't make fun of something, and then just continue on doing it. :dry: It's not just "typical MCU," She-Hulk was way too similar with them giving that guy Hulk powers and ending with that fight... it's literally what that show was making fun of.

Last edited:
So Rhodey wasn’t there to say goodbye to Tony? That’s so messed up

Also I hate the idea of a Super Skrull. They're way too powerful. G'iah should now be able to beat every hero with ease. They would need all of the Avengers to stand a chance against her.
The easy way to remedy that is to say yea she has all these powers now but at fraction of the original user's power. Kinda like Mimic from the X-Men comics.

The easy way to remedy that is to say yea she has all these powers now but at fraction of the original user's power. Kinda like Mimic from the X-Men comics.

Doesn't seem like that's the case though. Unless they retcon it to where she needs to do that machine again to keep the power at full strength or they start to go away over time. I think that might be an essential thing to do

Doesn't seem like that's the case though. Unless they retcon it to where she needs to do that machine again to keep the power at full strength or they start to go away over time. I think that might be an essential thing to do

I would not be surprised if she begins losing the powers OR she begins to lose control of them.

So Rhodey wasn’t there to say goodbye to Tony? That’s so messed up

I'm not quite sure. Rhodey was walking only with technical aids, them being removed would make sense. I'd say only sure Skrodey was in Falcon & The Winter Soldier. But we'll know for sure when Armor Wars comes.

The series as a whole was meh other than Jackson, Mendelsohn and Colman.

I still refuse to believe that Rhodey has been a Skrull since Civil War. There's a theory that since we see him in a hospital gown at the end of the finale, he was switched out during Civil War when he was going in for an MRI...because that's the only time we see him in a hospital gown in the MCU. Seriously? If that ends up being true I think that's genuinely dumb storytelling since there's no way that when they wrote Rhodey in Infinity War and Endgame they were planning on him a Skrull the whole time.

If that ends up being true I think that's genuinely dumb storytelling since there's no way that when they wrote Rhodey in Infinity War and Endgame they were planning on him a Skrull the whole time.
I don't think anyone thinks this. Obviously it would be a retcon. It's just a matter of whether they are going to tell a good story out of this or not. I think there's potential to make this missing time tragic for Rhodes in Armor Wars but who knows.

As someone who has been generally more forgiving of the MCU shows, even including this one, I thought this finale was a mess.

The ending is all doom and gloom with the President declaring war on alien species and then we get the happy ending right after with Fury and Priscilla. Talk about tonal whiplash.

And now we have Ga'ia we literally don't need the Avengers anymore. She is a power house of the highest order who could wipe the floor with any and all Avengers. What a terrible choice for what is essentially a side character.

I don't think anyone thinks this. Obviously it would be a retcon. It's just a matter of whether they are going to tell a good story out of this or not. I think there's potential to make this missing time tragic for Rhodes in Armor Wars but who knows.

If he was switched during Civil War, that was 8-9 years he was in hibernation sleep. I don't think that's possible considering that the blip happened. Even some Skrulls would have been blipped. Those sleep pods being left unattended would be a far stretch.

I'm fairly positive he was switched sometime after Endgame.

If he was switched during Civil War, that was 8-9 years he was in hibernation sleep. I don't think that's possible considering that the blip happened. Even some Skrulls would have been blipped. Those sleep pods being left unattended would be a far stretch.

I'm fairly positive he was switched sometime after Endgame.
Then it's pointless. Why adapt Secret Invasion (even loosely like this show did) if you aren't going to have at least 1 character who has secretly been a Skrull for a long time? There's nothing satisfying about "oh Rhodey is really a Skrull but he's only been a Skrull for 5 minutes so it's not a big deal".

Yeaaahhh...yikes. I didn't mind the first five episodes, I mean, they were fine, but yikes what an awful finale. I'm legitimately scared for the new Daredevil series now

The only shocking twist in this entire show was that decision that the president made. I was legit shocked by that, like wow wtf.

One thing occured to me also. Gravik and Ga'ia were already Super Skulls. Why give him the harvest making him even more powerful and tough to beat when Ga'ia could have beat and killed him without giving him the harvest? Why even let him get that powerful when she could have taken him out beforehand?

Rhodey being a Skrull since Civil War will piss off a lot of fans since he wasn't there when Tony died. But I think it's a ballsy move, in a good way. One of the main critiques I and others have for the MCU is it playing things too safe. Honestly like the source material

Rhodey not being there adds some extra tragedy without things being in grimdark mode. And for a story that should have big implications like Secret Invasion, Rhodey being a Skrull for that long is at least something

Last edited:
Rhodey being a skrull since Civil War will piss off a lot of fans since he wasn't there when Tony died. But i think it's a ballsy move, in a good way. One of the main critiques I and others have for the MCU is it playing things too safe. Honestly like the source material

Rhodey not being there adds some extra tragedy without things being in grimdark mode. And for a story that should have big implications like Secret Invasion, Rhodey being a skrull for that long is at least something
Rhodey realising he wasn't there and finding out Tony died saving the world could make for some good stuff too

Yeah this show was not it for me, I must have fallen asleep on every episode. Fury was Fury but I didn't care for any other character. The British lady was kind of cool I guess, Talos appeared in 1 movie that isn't my favorite so I wasn't into him or the death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"