Shang-Chi SPOILERS Thread

Fallen

I'm done running from my past.
Reaction score
SPOILERS !!! SPOILERS !!! SPOILERS !!!

shang-chi.gif

Post and talk about spoilers here.

I love me some spoilers. I have intentionally spoiled myself for every MCU movie except Endgame... and quite frankly, I wish I WOULD'VE been spoiled for that movie. For some reason, with me, knowing what's gonna happen excites me more and intensifies the anticipation, making for a better viewing experience. Long story short... Give me spoilers people! Especially post credit scenes!

There are fan screenings tomorrow night. Unfortunately I found out too late and they were already sold out but I expect spoilers to pop up.

Unverified but supposedly the two credit scenes are:

1. Shang-Chi and Wong meeting
2. Val recruiting Abomination

Personally hope the second one isn’t true. We don’t need to see her recruit every member of whatever team she is putting together

The reports indicated, that the audience was cheering during the mid/after-credits.
Val just recruiting another member of ghe Thunderbolts doesn’t impress me much.
Also Shang meeting Wong is kinda obvious…

Yeah, I don't see them cheering on either Val or Wong scenes. Let alone one of them guys said that it was easily a top 3 after-credits scene.

I hope this film can change my mind about Trevor Slattery, since he was one of the worst parts of Iron Man 3. I want it to be like Darcy Lewis for me. In the first two Thor movies, I though Darcy was annoying, especially in Thor The Dark World (I could not stand her in that one) but WandaVision made me like her a lot, so much so that I cannot wait for her to return. I hope I feel the same about Trevor if he survives at the end.

There are fan screenings tomorrow night. Unfortunately I found out too late and they were already sold out but I expect spoilers to pop up.

Personally hope the second one isn’t true. We don’t need to see her recruit every member of whatever team she is putting together
I swear, she's going after Nick Fury's gig. And I'm just so meh about it.

Indeed. But she's no SLJ.
I liked the actress. But the role is just... is annoying one. Not only is she taking a Nick Fury role, but she has the usual mcu character trait that will make a quip before going to her point and she also only appeared trice iirc, so I haven't seen much from her but I already don't like her. Also, Thunderbolts... I don't want to see that.

Yes I love JLD but we get it. She’s a wise ass who we don’t know much about.
Yeah, I don't see them cheering on either Val or Wong scenes. Let alone one of them guys said that it was easily a top 3 after-credits scene.
Meh. They say that about all the after credits scenes. I remember someone saying the BP one was a game changer and we have yet to see its ramifications.

the first one would not be surprising as I have always wondered which already established MCU character he's first going to meet, although I was hoping for an Ant Man connection like him being interviewed by the SFPD, most notably Paxton following the incident on the bus. The second one is a bit underwhelming. I didn't mind Nick Fury doing it because it was the start of the Avengers.

Here’s who shows up in the mid-credit scene.

Brie Larson cameos as Captain Marvel and Mark Ruffalo shows up as Bruce Banner…in human form - he’s no longer Professor Hulk.

Last edited:
It's not fake.

Edit- in regards to the above post.

Last edited:

Brie Larson cameos as Captain Marvel and Mark Ruffalo shows up as Bruce Banner…in human form - he’s no longer Professor Hulk.

A few things:

• The crowd will mark out at those cameos
  • So these will be the first heroes Shang Chi interacts with.....interesting, assuming of course, he does.
  • Banner might be in human form because he might have to be to give blood to Jennifer.

The first post credit scene definitely had my audience geeking out and besides Captain Marvel and Banner Wong is there too along with Shang Chi and Awkafina's character talking about what sounded like to me the aftermath of Loki with the Multiverse changing and Wong saying he needs their help which makes me think they are the first ones to be recruited as part of the new Phase 4 Avengers team which is interesting to say the least.

Also, the additional post credits scene is also really interesting because its Shang Chi's sister Xialing rebuilding and becoming the leader of the new Ten Rings by using their dad's old compund which actually got a couple of gasps from my audience when " The Ten Rings Will Return" title card appeared at the end.

The first post credit scene definitely had my audience geeking out and besides Captain Marvel and Banner Wong is there too along with Shang Chi and Awkafina's character talking about what sounded like to me the aftermath of Loki with the Multiverse changing and Wong saying he needs their help which makes me think they are the first ones to be recruited as part of the new Phase 4 Avengers team which is interesting to say the least.

Also, the additional post credits scene is also really interesting because its Shang Chi's sister Xialing rebuilding and becoming the leader of the new Ten Rings by using their dad's old compund which actually got a couple of gasps from my audience when " The Ten Rings Will Return" title card appeared at the end.

good, no Val recruiting Abomination. Katy as an Avenger? I don't know about that. We've never had a made up character on any of the superhero teams.

Last edited:

Wow eXciting
Yes I love JLD but we get it. She’s a wise ass who we don’t know much about.
Is she even a wise a*** in the footage wehave seen of her. "These boots aren't made for walking", blowing her nose while Yelena was having her moment in visiting Natasha's grave and then mentioning her allergies. Are those supposed to be witty?

Last edited:

That's really good post credits scenes. Especially the one with
Carol showing up
. I would freak out too if I wasn't expecting it.

good, no Val recruiting Abomination. Katy as an Avenger? I don't know about that. We've never had a made up character on any of the superhero teams.

To clarify...
They don't actually use the word Avengers. They just say that they will be needing both of them going forward (I'm paraphrasing). So take that for what you will.

Welp there's the whole move right there lol. I know this is a spoiler thread but I do want to tag a few random thoughts I had regarding some off-screen developments of the greater MCU...(this is spoilers in regards to Wong, Abomination and the post credit scenes)

* Wong and Abomination know each other. Even though they are fighting in the underground fight club, after the fight you get the impression that this is some sparring match that they regularly do. Wong helps out Abomination in the locker room and then afterwards they both leave in a sling ring portal. It's hard to make out where they go but it seems like they are going to either a lab or a prison with a big containment cell. So big question is how does Wong know Abomination and what exactly are they up to?

* Even though the Avengers are seemingly disbanded at this time, some of these characters are still working with each other. Wong, Carol and Bruce are all in communication with each other. Given the earlier scenes with Wong/Abomination, it seems there are planning some behind the project/initiate or team building perhaps? Maybe they are trying to rehabilitate past villains?

* Wong mentioned the ten rings sent out a signal once Shang-Chi started using them. Perhaps that signal is being sent out to Fin Fang Foom or at the very least his species.

* Also how/why is Bruce no longer the Professor/Smart Hulk? Did he purposely change himself back to human form after Endgame or is it some sort of side effect from using the Infinity Stones? Could this potentially lead to Bruce becoming Savage Hulk again or perhaps a new persona like Joe Fixit? Or maybe this has to do with She-Hulk. If they use the same comics origin, where he gives her a blood transfusion, maybe he reverts back?

Last edited:
That Reddit link also has a better description in the comments. Honestly sounds like a great movie and can’t wait to see it.

Welp there's the whole move right there lol. I know this is a spoiler thread but I do want to tag a few random thoughts I had regarding some off-screen developments of the greater MCU...(this is spoilers in regards to Wong, Abomination and the post credit scenes)

* Wong and Abomination know each other. Even though they are fighting in the underground fight club, after the fight you get the impression that this is some sparring match that they regularly do. Wong helps out Abomination in the locker room and then afterwards they both leave in a sling ring portal. It's hard to make out where they go but it seems like they are going to either a lab or a prison with a big containment cell. So big question is how does Wong know Abomination and what exactly are they up to?

* Even though the Avengers are seemingly disbanded at this time, some of these characters are still working with each other. Wong, Carol and Bruce are all in communication with each other. Given the earlier scenes with Wong/Abomination, it seems there are planning some behind the project/initiate or team building perhaps? Maybe they are trying to rehabilitate past villains?

* Wong mentioned the ten rings sent out a signal once Shang-Chi started using them. Perhaps that signal is being sent out to Fin Fang Foom or at the very least his species.

* Also how/why is Bruce no longer the Professor/Smart Hulk? Did he purposely change himself back to human form after Endgame or is it some sort of side effect from using the Infinity Stones? Could this potentially lead to Bruce becoming Savage Hulk again or perhaps a new persona like Joe Fixit? Or maybe this has to do with She-Hulk. If they use the same comics origin, where he gives her a blood transfusion, maybe he reverts back?

the whole thing with Abomination is interesting because I would have suspected that he was going to be recruited by Val. I am glad that didn't happen here, although I suspect it will happen at the end of She Hulk

If the rumors are true, it is one of the better ones because:

not only does Shang Chi and Katy meet Wong, but also Carol Danvers and Bruce Banner

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"