Ant-Man and the Wasp Spoilers Thread

I don't know about a whole prequel, but in 3, would definitely like to see an extended flashback of Douglas, Pfeiffer and Fishburn, fighting together as Ant-Man, Wasp, and Goliath!

As well as a parallel modern scene with all of them reunited.

I love how this Ant-Family has grown, to potentially three generations.
Would love to see in the next all of them working together:

Classics at the helm: Hank(Ant-Man), Janet(Wasp), and Bill Foster(Goliath!

New: Ant-Man, Wasp, and now Ghost as part of their team. (assists: Luis, Kurt & Dave)

Future: Cassie in a new identity. Give her suit Shrinking and Quantum-Phase powers combined.
Combined Tech designed from her Grandfather Shrinking, from her Grandmother Quantum-Phasing =
The Gnat! is the name taken?

I've heard rumours Ant Man 3 will have a time jump and Cassie Lang will become Stature.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/ant-man-wasp-cassie-lang-stature/amp/

I don't like the idea of the FBI chasing Hank and Hope cause Scott swiped the equipment and used them to illegally go to Germany with Falcon.
I'm disappointed that they made Scott Lang very lost when it come to Quantom mechanics.

That car chase scene is awesome, and I love the giant ant.

Scott is a electrical engineer. He is obviously not going to be as well versed in Quantum mechanics as the Pyms.

Saw it again after my initial theater experience. I still think it's quite good but I wish they had gone more creative with the shrinking and all that stuff. I miss all the little intricacies in the Yellowjacket heist from the first film and the third act inside a bedroom.
There just wasn't enough small-scale shots or sequences in this one. When they're small you can barely see them and after you blink they're normal again. That really bothered me to be honest.

Rewatched this again yesterday and I can confirm that this is my least favorite MCU film of the past few years. It's enjoyable with some imaginative set-pieces, but the story is nonsense and the pseudo-science grew pretty grating after a while. Janet's storyline was wasted and Ghost didn't end up being anywhere near as interesting as she looked.

I think on my overall ranking I'd place this at or around Thor TDW level, which I like more than most people but is still bottom-rung MCU. If I were to put a grade on this it'd be a B-.

I saw AM&TW for the first time this weekend. Solid flick, enjoyed it more in the second viewing, but there was certainly some stuff that could have been improved upon. The stuff with Scott's non traditional family situation was terrific, the action scenes were lots of fun, and the film zipped along nicely. I didn't care for bad a** Agent Woo being portrayed as an inept goofball and Janet's rescue from 30 years trapped in a sub microscopic hellscape seemed a smidge neat and clean.

But my major complaint was that the Ghost/Bill Foster subplot seemed tacked on and ended awkwardly. I would have preferred it if she were a hired gun working for Burch with her own secret agenda.Or Reed should have just make Ava Bill's daughter. Her condition would have helped make his turn to pseudo super-villainy at least make a little bit of sense. A college professor assisting in assaulting, kidnapping and tying up folks seemed silly. Instead of, say, enlisting these super sciency folks to help you with your super sciency problem.

Last edited:
I thought it was an okay film, overall. I thought the story should have focused, really focused, on Hope's quest to save her mother. I liked Ghost, though she didn't really get a conclusive end to her storyline; is there any chance she could be coming back? Agent Wu (is it Wu or Woo?) was not as impressive as I thought he would be. Scott Lang is always a bore to me, so I really wasn't expecting anything awesome on that front, but I did like the action scenes - there were some cool fight sequences. I liked Burch's storyline, but I was not fond of the FBI coming into the picture. It made it way too confusing to keep track of everybody, and they didn't seem very threatening, like, at all. All in all, Wasp totally dominated the movie, and that was a good thing, but I don't think the filmmakers realized that she was dominating the movie, so they didn't actually devote enough time to her story.
I rank it as a 4 out of 10. Evangeline Lilly is so incredible, she makes me want to move it to a 5, but I keep remembering "Paul Rudd is in this film" and that makes me keep it at a 4.

I liked Ghost, though she didn't really get a conclusive end to her storyline; is there any chance she could be coming back?

It could be, as they mention in the after credits scene "our Ghost friend". Ant-Man 3, I doubt she could appear on anything else.

I thought, though, that nobody was even sure if there would be an Ant-Man 3?

It could be, as they mention in the after credits scene "our Ghost friend". Ant-Man 3, I doubt she could appear on anything else.
She could appear in a Thunderbolts movie or that Dark Avengers film that is rumored to be in development.

Saw the movie again, and yeah I still really like it. I thought they did a great job making something that was really fun.

Honestly enjoyed how there wasn't so much a straight up villain. Ghost was a threat. But she was also someone in so much pain and desperate to save herself. Someone that I could see calming down now that she's been restored or mostly stabilized. Even Bill Foster wasn't so much evil as just wanting to help a victim and really saved Ghost to the degree that he kept her from going too far off the rails. There were a lot of threats from those two, to the FBI, to Sunny and his gang.They needed a threat and Ghost provided the biggest one, but the story didn't need to be world ending.

Honestly I thought they did a nice job having fun with the shrinking/enlarging tech. From Giant Man chasing down that lab to the weaponized Pez, they had some good moments. There was good enough shrinking moments for me with all the shrinking vehicles or the early Wasp action scenes. The quick shrinking makes sense when they are fighting someone who isn't changing their size and kept the pace moving within those action scenes. We got to explore the quantum realm more and they opened some doors for things that can be explored further.

Overall I enjoyed it. I'd honestly hope to see a third Ant-Man movie and where they might go with that. The audio commentary for this one was pretty enjoyable and gave nice bits of information.

I don't like the idea of the FBI chasing Hank and Hope cause Scott swiped the equipment and used them to illegally go to Germany with Falcon.
I'm disappointed that they made Scott Lang very lost when it come to Quantom mechanics.

That car chase scene is awesome, and I love the giant ant.
I would head canon because Hank would not stay around for a FBI interview but went underground they don't believe that Scott stole the Ant-Man weapon and Pym particles to go to Germany. Just like a dog, if you run they will chase you and then sort out the details through the lawyers later.

Enjoyed this a little more on my 2nd viewing, it’s still inferior to the first movie to me though. Hope/Wasp is awesome here and should have been in the first movie more.

I thought, though, that nobody was even sure if there would be an Ant-Man 3?
I'm pretty sure they're going to push for a trilogy for all of their big characters. Ant Man will undoubtedly get its trilogy, I suspect it's just a matter of when.

Done Trilogies
  • Ironman
  • Captain America
  • Thor (potential for more)
Practically guaranteed Trilogies
  • Doctor Strange
  • Spider-Man
  • Black Panther
  • Captain Marvel (assuming it's well received)
  • Ant Man
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
Any other character will either get a solo film (to introduce them, or provide a backstory like that pointless upcoming Black Widow prequel) or if they're already introduced, they'll get a Disney Network series dedicated to them. I doubt we'll ever see a Hulk sequel, as they've seemingly done all they can do with that character and Endgame is bound to wrap that up (for the most part).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"