Ant-Man and the Wasp Spoilers Thread

I know I am still hopeful for a original 1960s avengers shot in a4

Fun movie, Wasp was awesome.

Her getting dusted really irritated me though, a waste.

Agreed. Means she won’t have a big part in A4. Would have been awesome to have a scene with her and BW

I liked how they made the audience think for a second they would go with the conventional choice of the villain going after the hero’s family, and shot it down.

Marvel is self aware of their stealth mode meme... sun glasses + cap/hoodies = unrecognizable.

I laughed at that joke more than I probably should have :lmao:

I liked how they made the audience think for a second they would go with the conventional choice of the villain going after the hero’s family, and shot it down.

This is why I wouldn't immediately lump her in the bad villains camp because her classification is more complex than that. Ghost was an atypical villain as her intentions were misguided for concern of her wellbeing being naive and isolated of normal life since young. She didn't mean harm or seek things typical villains do. For her role, I think she was portrayed well by Hannah. I'd say she's a solid intricate character that can evolve to be an anti-hero in the same vein that Winter Soldier was, as some have mentioned. Anyway I found her intriguing and was a solid character introduction, definitely not throw away villain here by any means.

At this point Marvel is aware of their villain problem and I must say they are avoiding it quite successfully lately. Ghost was more of an antagonist than a villain.

Marvel is self aware of their stealth mode meme... sun glasses + cap/hoodies = unrecognizable.

I laughed at that joke more than I probably should have :lmao:

Shockingly, I was the one of the only ones in the theater who laughed at that. "These aren't disguises. We look like ourselves at a baseball game." :lmao:

Did anyone else get a lot of family themed trailers with their showing? I got Hotel Transylvania, Dumbo, Darkest Minds, Bumblebee, AXL.
I got a mix, Family and Action-Adventure movies, which is pretty much what Ant-Man & Wasp is a family action-adventure movie, so it made sense:

Dumbo
That Robot Dynomut movie
Nutcracker

Mission Impossible
Megalodon

I was hoping we'd get to see a bit more of Janets time as the original Wasp though I wasnt really sure how she got additional clothing.

And she had like some bizzare battle-ax slung across her back.
Implying she'd lived a whole adventure down there.
Movie got a bit bloated, with to much exposition, although still wish we'd seen (not told) a flash of it, maybe a scene of her fighting the tardigrades with that ax ...then jumping even deeper in, showing surviving in there was also this constant battle.

Last edited:
I want a prequel with Douglas and Pfeiffer de-aged fighting bad guys in the 60's.

I don't know about a whole prequel, but in 3, would definitely like to see an extended flashback of Douglas, Pfeiffer and Fishburn, fighting together as Ant-Man, Wasp, and Goliath!

As well as a parallel modern scene with all of them reunited.

I love how this Ant-Family has grown, to potentially three generations.
Would love to see in the next all of them working together:

Classics at the helm: Hank(Ant-Man), Janet(Wasp), and Bill Foster(Goliath!

New: Ant-Man, Wasp, and now Ghost as part of their team. (assists: Luis, Kurt & Dave)

Future: Cassie in a new identity. Give her suit Shrinking and Quantum-Phase powers combined.
Combined Tech designed from her Grandfather Shrinking, from her Grandmother Quantum-Phasing =
The Gnat! is the name taken?

Last edited:
I don't know about Goliath, he would be hard to hide if he did something. Where as in a world between Captain Rogers going into the ice and Tony Stark fighting his way out of Afghanistan an Ant-Man, Wasp or a Ghost are covert and only known to the likes of a Phil Coulson or Nick Fury. Thus we don't need to introduce a Men In Black/Incredibles memory wiper to explain why a 20 ft man wasn't known about until Scott Lang was seen at an airport or San Francisco Bay.

I really enjoyed this movie, so many cool moments.

I don't know if it was the intention (or it might just be me), but the scenes with Giant-Man in the San Francisco harbor gave me serious Godzilla/kaiju movie vibes. So awesome.

The only de-aging in the film I didn't like was Fishburnes. Yes, his face looked younger but his body was still bulky like it is now. People that have followed Fishburne's career know that back in the day (Deep Cover, Boyz in Da Hood movies, etc) he was much slimmer. It would have been cooler to make him look that way in his flashback scene...

Was it really de-aging or it was another actor that’s his son though?

Somebody online said it was his son with slight CG enhancement.

BTW, has anyone mentioned that the vehicle used to enter the Quantum Realm was "Rover" from his Dr. Pym/West Coast Avengers days? I haven't seen many mentions online so I thought it was worth pointing out.

It really just emphasizes to me how much a fan Peyton Reed is of the character.

BTW, has anyone mentioned that the vehicle used to enter the Quantum Realm was "Rover" from his Dr. Pym/West Coast Avengers days? I haven't seen many mentions online so I thought it was worth pointing out.

It really just emphasizes to me how much a fan Peyton Reed is of the character.

Great catch! Peyton Reed is awesome.

This is why I wouldn't immediately lump her in the bad villains camp because her classification is more complex than that. Ghost was an atypical villain as her intentions were misguided for concern of her wellbeing being naive and isolated of normal life since young. She didn't mean harm or seek things typical villains do. For her role, I think she was portrayed well by Hannah. I'd say she's a solid intricate character that can evolve to be an anti-hero in the same vein that Winter Soldier was, as some have mentioned. Anyway I found her intriguing and was a solid character introduction, definitely not throw away villain here by any means.

As I mentioned in my review, the main point of this movie wasn't to save Janet from the Quantum Realm but rather to save Janet so she save Ava/Ghost. Not only her life but to save her from becoming a true villain. To me it showed the movie/Marvel understand that not all bad guys/antagonists are evil per se but possibly victims of circumstances and possibly redeemable via someone elses actions or their own. Just as I remember from the comics.

Does anyone else hate how Marvel has been doing helmet's forming on lately?

I hate how Iron Man's just basically appears there. It looks so lazy and fast and boring. Just uninspired. I miss the days of seeing the pieces really work together and fit, and even having the helmet still covering his whole head with the faceplate up. I know it coming on faster is probably more effective on his end, but for me as a viewer it just sucks.

Same with Black Panther, which is a bit better at least because there is more of an animation.

But now they are doing it with Ant-Man and Wasp's helmets. I watched Wasp's come on in slow motion and it just doesn't look good. I miss the way it was in the first movie when it would just close up when he pressed it.

It isn't ruining the movies obviously, they are all great. It's just a gripe.

I don’t disagree. I miss Stark having the faceplate pop up. But I assume it’s easier on the actors to CGI it in later.

As I mentioned in my review, the main point of this movie wasn't to save Janet from the Quantum Realm but rather to save Janet so she save Ava/Ghost. Not only her life but to save her from becoming a true villain. To me it showed the movie/Marvel understand that not all bad guys/antagonists are evil per se but possibly victims of circumstances and possibly redeemable via someone elses actions or their own. Just as I remember from the comics.

Agreed. This is not only a solid Mcu entry, but it is a particularly good movie for children to see that there's always an underlying moral to a story or character. That it's not always black and white. This is pretty much a Pixar movie in live-action form in that sense.

Before seeing it myself, I had my own suspicions that Foster would turn out to be the typical evil assailant/relative to Ghost. But to see they went the other way with him being truly a good dude and trying to steer her towards the good path and her not having it being blinded by desperation was an interesting dynamic. So I actually found their relationship rather unique and refreshing, even with limited screen development.

I hate how Iron Man's just basically appears there. It looks so lazy and fast and boring. Just uninspired. I miss the days of seeing the pieces really work together and fit, and even having the helmet still covering his whole head with the faceplate up. I know it coming on faster is probably more effective on his end, but for me as a viewer it just sucks.

Same with Black Panther, which is a bit better at least because there is more of an animation.

But now they are doing it with Ant-Man and Wasp's helmets. I watched Wasp's come on in slow motion and it just doesn't look good. I miss the way it was in the first movie when it would just close up when he pressed it.

How did Janet manage to get a retractable helmet in the Quantum Realm?

Either way I wonder if Ghost will be a one and done character or will they also have her join the Avengers

Why would she suddenly be on the Avengers team? Isn't there supposed to be a more compelling reason to have someone on the team other than that they too have powers? What in the film indicates she's Avengers material? Hell, when one thinks about it, Scott and Hope both are not on the team really. But... Ghost gets a first round draft status?

How did Janet manage to get a retractable helmet in the Quantum Realm?

It was actually a facial visor/mask thing with a hooded outfit. Wasn't a complete helmet and never retracted.

There's clearly supplies there. She got a cloak and an axe as well. While they can't show the Micronauts and all that, I think it's fair to assume the Quantum Realm has at least some of the elements from the comics Microverse.

Yeah, it bothers me a bit. Ant-Man and the Wasp specially since they're constantly retracting the helmets. Rewatched Ant-Man the other night and everything looks a lot better.

Saving time basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"