Ant-Man and the Wasp Spoilers Thread

I don't know if it's true, but a buddy of mine said that during the end credits scene with the ant, there's a message scrolling across the bottom of the TV that mentions Clint Barton.

More victims of the snapture. Pretty good film. Enjoyed it much like the first.

My question is was Sonny Burch and Ava characters from the comics? I know Ghost was a dude.

Never heard of Sonny or Ava in Marvel. I could see Sonny being some poor business man that Stark, Pym, a Reed Richards has encountered in comics.

Sonny Burch worked for Cross in the comics. They probably should've played that card in this.

Sonny Burch worked for Cross in the comics. They probably should've played that card in this.

That could have worked to build him up a bit more. I like Goggins and he did well with this part. If he worked with Cross in the movies the introduction scene with him and Hope probably wouldn't work. He would have known her.

I’m surprised they were doing quantum experiments when news of the alien attack in New York would be going on.

I’m surprised they were doing quantum experiments when news of the alien attack in New York would be going on.

They live in San Francisco. Yes it is Marvel but it is still crazy far.

Also maybe they are doing Quantum experiments because Janet told them about all the great things in there. That would help in the battle against aliens. IWs took place in like 5-6 hours at most too.

They specifically said they were going back to the quantum realm to “help their new ghost friend”.

They probably haven't been watching the news, especially if they'd been prepping for the experiment into the QR all day. IW only takes place over the course of about a day--it's very possible to go that long without tuning in to the news, happens to me all the time. They're also on the other side of the US, so they aren't going to see anything happen for themselves. None of them strike me as the "browse the internet for latest news" type.

IW happens so fast and as far as the heroes of that story know, Scott is on house arrest/out of the hero game.

It all makes total sense. If Scott and the Pyms were in NY and didn't know, I'd call BS too, but they're very far removed and would have to find out on the news. Even then, why should they get involved with a minor scuffle with aliens (it really didn't last long) when Iron Man/others are on the scene?

Even if they had seen the news, what could they have really done to help? There's no way they could have gotten to New York quick enough since the invasion was over in less than an hour in real time. And that's it.

The Avengers assumed Scott was still under house arrest, Natasha says as much in Infinity War, so they didn't bother to contact him for help. Even if they did know he wasn't on house arrest anymore, it's not like they had time to make a pit stop in San Francisco to pick them up since they were on a time crunch to get Vision to Wakanda.

On top of that, the Ant-Man and Wasp tech still belongs to Hank, and he didn't change his tune about Stark and the Avengers. He wasn't particularly thrilled about the idea of Scott running off and exposing the tech to Stark in the first place. I'm sure if the New York invasion was a lot more serious, they might have done something. But they probably saw that the ship left and assumed that the situation was under control, even if the news reported that Stark was missing. And of course, they had no idea about the battle in Wakanda. Keep in mind that they're also in a world where New York was invaded by aliens once before and an entire city was destroyed by a robot army so they probably went on living their lives when they saw that everything was (seemingly) fine.

Loved Ghost, great look, visual for her powers, displaced quantum effect, and how they tied it all directly to Pym's past, and the clues to saving Janet, and in tern Janet saving her.
Plus the surprise twist with Goliath (Bill Foster), caught between helping her, and how far she's willing to go.
Not another bland cookie-cutter vilain, but Incredibly sympathetic human, not interested in taking over the world, just in surviving the horror of what was done to her.

Last edited:
De-aged Pfeiffer and Fishburne were impressive as hell.

They specifically said they were going back to the quantum realm to “help their new ghost friend”.
Yes they went in to get the healing particles to help her. We don't know if they also want to look into it more. I don't think they would build a mini tunnel just to help Ava/Ghost all the time.

I will say this about this film, the anti-ageing CGI has gotten to the point where it's genuinely believable now. But at the same time it's so weird seeing both old and young versions of Douglas, Pfeiffer, and Fishburn in the same movie.

The only de-aging in the film I didn't like was Fishburnes. Yes, his face looked younger but his body was still bulky like it is now. People that have followed Fishburne's career know that back in the day (Deep Cover, Boyz in Da Hood movies, etc) he was much slimmer. It would have been cooler to make him look that way in his flashback scene...

I dont think Hank would care. He seems to dislike anything involving the Avengers.

I will say this about this film, the anti-ageing CGI has gotten to the point where it's genuinely believable now. But at the same time it's so weird seeing both old and young versions of Douglas, Pfeiffer, and Fishburn in the same movie.

It's improved gradually with each every MCU film. The last time we saw that was with Kurt Russell at the beginning of GOTG Vol. 2 and that looked great. I can only imagine how Samuel L. Jackson and Clark Gregg will look 25 years younger in Captain Marvel.

The de-aging CGI worked wonders for Michael Douglas.

Damn near had him looking like Gordon Gekko again.

As soon as I saw that first scene with young Hope and young Janet I was like, did they use makeup on Pfiifer or something? Only when I saw her blink did I realize, ****.

I don't know how to describe it, but it just a little weird now seeing actors like Douglas and Pfeiffer looking as if they've just walked off the set of Wall Street and Batman Returns along side their present day selves. I think part of it is that I grew up watching these actors, so I know how they looked back then, and to see it this accurate is so strange. I'm really curious to see what Scorsese does with this tech in The Irishman.

Saw it I liked it better than the first but I felt like they could have gotten rid of extra plots but I really enjoyed it 8/10

That could have worked to build him up a bit more. I like Goggins and he did well with this part. If he worked with Cross in the movies the introduction scene with him and Hope probably wouldn't work. He would have known her.

If he had worked for Cross, it'd probably have been a little bit of a different story. Like he wanted revenge or something

Saw it I liked it better than the first but I felt like they could have gotten rid of extra plots but I really enjoyed it 8/10

I thought the whole scene with him going to get the original suit was unnecessary. It was obviously added for comedic effect but there was no reason to have it as it didn’t add anything to the story.

I wonder how the Quantum Realm will come into play as far as The Avengers go in Avengers 4? Think about it Thanos collecting Infinity Stones and having the full gauntlet including the Time Stone he can go back in time right or alter time together whereas in the Quantum Realm all concepts of space and time are basically altered. Plus the Time Vortex in the mid credits with Scott going sub atomic and ending up in the Quantum Realm it makes me wonder just how he gets out but if he went through the Time Vortex he would go forward in time however with the Quantum Realm can't he go back in time as well?

Basically different paradoxes could be used right? I am asking because I am such a time travel/space nut but also because they use the Paradox theory for films like the Back to the Future trilogy and the Terminator films using different timelines and those being altered so I have to wonder if the Quantum Realm has that same effect in order to defeat Thanos once and for all

I liked it and it would be a pity if they don’t do a third one and call it Ant-men and the Wasps.

Also I don’t think Ghost is fundamentally a villain. She is just someone desperate enough knowing there is a potential cure for her pain and her from dying. Her past doings were dirty jobs for shields.

Yes she reminds me a little of Winter Soldier but without the brainwashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"