Ant-Man and the Wasp Spoilers Thread

I forgot about this. Did anyone else catch Ghost's line to Bill "You're not the one who's about to vanish into thin air"?

thanos-smiling_61680_1920x1080.jpg

So who is Sonny Burch's employer that was willing to drop billions for Pym's quantum technology? Stark? Osborn?

There's clearly supplies there. She got a cloak and an axe as well. While they can't show the Micronauts and all that, I think it's fair to assume the Quantum Realm has at least some of the elements from the comics Microverse.
She didn't have an ax it was a broken wing from her suit.

So who is Sonny Burch's employer that was willing to drop billions for Pym's quantum technology? Stark? Osborn?

Definitely not Stark. I think that had Ant-Man and the Wasp not been required to tie into Infinity War, we might have gotten that answer in a post-credits scene.

While the rampage across SF made for some amazing scenes, I didnt get why Hope drove away full size instead of shrinking down to hide and make her get away. When she finally did shrink, it was only for a few seconds before going big again, causing all kinds of collateral damage and risking killing innocent lives

While the rampage across SF made for some amazing scenes, I didnt get why Hope drove away full size instead of shrinking down to hide and make her get away. When she finally did shrink, it was only for a few seconds before going big again, causing all kinds of collateral damage and risking killing innocent lives

Lol. Too true.

Well. She is the Wasp now. She's a baddass. She doesn't run away from her problems. She deals with it head on. Collateral damage be damned! Lol. :sly:

But yeah I usually throw all real world sense and logic out the door and enjoy the ride really. Cuz really, unless all the bad guys had hawk vision, they should be undetected when ant-sized in any situation. Like how did the bad guys spot Wasp on the chandelier?! And the shrunken cars going life sized speed would've either tear off the tires or flip and crash from high speed wind pressure already even if they're supposedly their same densities! Lol.

Lol. Too true.

Well. She is the Wasp now. She's a baddass. She doesn't run away from her problems. She deals with it head on. Collateral damage be damned! Lol. :sly:

But yeah I usually throw all real world sense and logic out the door and enjoy the ride really. Cuz really, unless all the bad guys had hawk vision, they should be undetected when ant-sized in any situation. Like how did the bad guys spot Wasp on the chandelier?! And the shrunken cars going life sized speed would've either tear off the tires or flip and crash from high speed wind pressure already even if they're supposedly their same densities! Lol.

I'm sure there are people banging their heads and keyboards over the logic and science LOL

Lol. Too true.

I dont think they spotted Hope on the chandelier. Id have to rewatch it but I thought it made sound and moved when she landed on it and they just shot randomly in that direction. Their aim was pretty off

There are things in these movies that you have to give a pass one. Such as a car the size of a matchbox toy doing over sixty miles an hour. You shrink a car down and its scale speed should go down as well. It's the same as with a person, shrink the person and you shrink their stride length.

The shrinking tech for cars, in reality, would have been best used for hiding rather than running. But that's not all that exciting!

Or, since they can control ants, they could have shrunk down and had a flying ant pick the car up and fly away with it.:woot:

Either way, it was a real fun movie. I liked it a lot.

There are things in these movies that you have to give a pass one. Such as a car the size of a matchbox toy doing over sixty miles an hour. You shrink a car down and its scale speed should go down as well. It's the same as with a person, shrink the person and you shrink their stride length.

The shrinking tech for cars, in reality, would have been best used for hiding rather than running. But that's not all that exciting!

Or, since they can control ants, they could have shrunk down and had a flying ant pick the car up and fly away with it.:woot:

Either way, it was a real fun movie. I liked it a lot.
I figure these arent normal cars but tech enhanced to account for that. You know, quantum proportional adjustments

I figure these arent normal cars but tech enhanced to account for that. You know, quantum proportional adjustments

All I know is that the 50 or so little kids who were in the theater with us lost their little minds when Luis pulled out the Hot Wheels set. Physics shmysics! All they cared about were tiny race cars and ant-sized people.

What did Janet eat while in the quantum realm?

Tardigrade stake.

Maybe every fortnight, she goes for a tardigrade milking catching them at rest, the way Luke did the island creatures! .. mmm. them quantum calories.. Lol'!

Apparently nothing. She evolved

This is something I want to discuss as it pertains to the wider MCU going into the post Thanos phase of stories, andas this is a spoiler thread there's no need to tag things so forewarned and all that.

BTW I know how bat guano stupid this all sounds already but... Call it a gut feeling.

Okay so there was talk of reshooting a portion of this film at some point, yes? Specifically parts of the beginning and end. If I have to guess now my suspicion is those moments in the film were the Hank and Janet Q-realm scenes, Janet healing Ghost and the first post credit scene. Why? I think it had far less to do with the quality of what had been filmed before and much more to do with the corporate maneuvers in relation to the acquisition of Fox and the Marvel characters under that studios umbrella.

Think about this... Jan tells Hank her time in the Q-realm has changed her and we see it. To explain it she first refers to "adaptation" but then also casually drops the term "evolution". During the post credit we get Scott going back in the Q-realm to harness some elemental energy and Janet makes sure to warn him of "time portals" or some such.

Well I think a lot of that is set up for A4, no doubt. But... I also think that perhaps we witnessed the rationale for the inclusion of the X-men in the MCU. Now personally I have not one issue with the mutants just showing up in the MCU with no need for any explanation beyond that they've been there all along we just didn't see the references to them and the X-men team proper was simply too young and in training under Xavier to have pitched in during the big events that have rocked the world since Stark made his debut as Iron Man. But my opinion may not line up with Feige and Co. and maybe they want to give an explanation so here is what I think we will get.

The evidence of time travel being in play in some form in A4 is strong. There is a reason Janet mentions time related dangers in the post credit. So that will factor into how Scott gets out of the Q-realm and ends up aiding the Avengers against Thanos and going with the idea of time travel shenanigans linked to the Quantum realm what if in the course of the story the energies that were involved with the "evolution" Janet refers to get spread through the past? Boom, suddenly you get super human mutation that's retroactively grandfathered into the MCU coming from the power inherent in the subatomic universe. "The children of the ATOM" if you will.

My theory is Feige and Co. had this material ready to go but didn't know how the Fox acquisition was going to go or even if it would so filmed this movie without those set ups for mutants down the line. Once the deal seemed concrete they brought the cast together to film those new scenes and dropped them in. I mean notice how they end this not in Hank's lab building but a new Q-portal built into Luis' van. That doesn't make much sense given everything else in the film unless the lab set had already been dismantled after initial production. So instead drop a line about making a smaller portal (at way less cost since it's a reahoot post cred scene after all) and film it at an empty parking lot?

I know... Maybe it's convoluted but most everything else in the film fits into it's narrative but these elements: Janet's getting powers and dropping the term evolution, the lamp shading of time travel and the sudden shift of the Q-portal to the van... They draw attention to themselves as material dropped in as part of a wider MCU strategy to me.

So... I am prepared to get shredded here... Thoughts?

We know almost close to nothing about the Quantum Realm. I guess a) we don't know much because they haven't told us enough to understand it or b) they have no idea how it works and they're using it as a deus ex machina sort-of-thing because anything can happen there.

They already left it open for the FF to be a thing.

They already left it open for the FF to be a thing.

True. They totally made it plausible for the negative zone to be a thing as well in light of the quantum realm not to mention all the doctor strange alternate realities

I'm hoping A.I.M.

A.I.M have a history in the comics of messing with Hank Pym and I think they would make great villains in a third film. The ant crew going up against a army of super scientists would be fun.

Douglas wife Catherine Zeta Jones could play Monica Rappaccini. Jones says she likes playing villains and Douglas would like her in these movies with him.
There's clearly supplies there. She got a cloak and an axe as well. While they can't show the Micronauts and all that, I think it's fair to assume the Quantum Realm has at least some of the elements from the comics Microverse.
I swear I saw a city in the background when Hank and Janet are taking off.
Seems like there may be miniature civilizations down there like in the comic.
I want a prequel with Douglas and Pfeiffer de-aged fighting bad guys in the 60's. And set up the Fantastic Four while we're at it.
Douglas and Pfeiffer's Aant-Man and Wasp were active in the eighties in the MCU. Pfeiffer was was born in 1958 so would be too young to be around in the sixties. Douglas was 16-26 in the Sixties.
My question is was Sonny Burch and Ava characters from the comics? I know Ghost was a dude.
Sonny Burch is a dimwit Chairman of Cross Technologies in the comics. He dies after a brief arc in the Iron Man comics in which he tries to get Iron Mans technology.

Walton Goggins said director Peyton Reed had no idea who the character was going to be in the movie and they collaborated on who he was while working on the movie.

Seems weird Reed choose to uses such a obscure and inconsequential villain from the comics. I think Marvel sometimes mandates certain villains whey want to appear in films.

Ambrose Connors seemed like a better pick than Burch. Connors was head of Special Projects at Cross Technology Enterprises and sold the companies high tech weapons and technology to terrorists, dictators, war lords and other shady individuals off the books. He seemed far more like who the movie version of Burch is.

Who is Janet becoming? Is there some character from the comics she's beginning to resemble with her new Quantum powers? Or is this all new territory?

Perhaps they are going to tie Janet into Quasar and his Quantum bands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"