Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Holy crap! That was such a great trailer. I'm so hyped.

Easily my second most anticipated cbm of 2019

DipoPoGV4AAO93D.jpg

Didn't like the trailer. It didn't do anything for me.
It kind looks childish and a bit ridiculous if i am being honest. Also i still can't get over the fact of how bad that suit looks.

It's just not for me i guess.

HOLY MOLLY!
I think this is a perfect first trailer.
Getting people know the lore but not showing way too much.
The cellphone charge! :lmao:

That trailer was everything it needed to be! Finally DC is getting the tone right for each of it's character's!

It kind looks childish and a bit ridiculous if i am being honest. Also i still can't get over the fact of how bad that suit looks.

Right? Perfect for Shazam:up:

Don't think the Shazam character is for you then, because this is exactly how he is in the comics! Lighthearted fun

The trailer looks cool. Very different tone to the other DCEU movies. Almost a Marvel tone.

Does Shazam not fly?

Also, i thought they might make a reference to the music app in the trailer.

The Child Protective Services woman talking to Billy in the beginning is the same character from Lights Out.

My problem with lightning on his chest is that it looks like something in a toy too plastic-like

The trailer looks cool. Very different tone to the other DCEU movies. Almost a Marvel tone.

Does Shazam not fly?

Also, i thought they might make a reference to the music app in the trailer.

He does. I'm betting he's got training wheels powers until he proves himself worthy of the mantle.

I liked the trailer more than I expected. Should be a fun film.

My problem with lightning on his chest is that it looks like something in a toy too plastic-like

I'm pretty sure the garish, cheesy look of the suit is intentional. Right down to the garish light up bolt. You can see in the way he wears it and moves in it that they're not going for "badass" with it.

I'll bet though, that later in the film, they're going to light it differently and make it look "cool".

Still not a fan of how Shazam looks, it kind of has a cheap feel to it, but the Trailer was fun.

i loved this trailer.... the humour, the tone, it was great - loved the attitude and jokes... however, the only downfall, they didn't need to to make this suit so puffy and big, i hope they add definition and shade.

I actually clapped and laughed at the end and kinda saw moments that i wished Cavill had with his movies. Although Superman is not child like, at times he should be naive and innocent and respond to criminals in such a way that shows this.

I know they showed newspaper articles on superman, but it really felt like the kid was just a comics fan more than anything.

I'm looking forward to this.

One thing, this movie shows that super mans red pants could still work (not that we need that debate again lol)

Not surprised to see a warm reception here, that trailer nailed the tone. Finally WB realizes that not every character needs the ultra dark tone. I just wish Titans would’ve been more accurate to the tone of the comics...
It’s funny to see such a bad DC trailer and such a great one within a day of each other

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"