Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

tumblr_pc8dq2xJFN1x0bvwko1_540.gif

tumblr_pc8dq2xJFN1x0bvwko2_540.gif

I'm pretty sure the garish, cheesy look of the suit is intentional. Right down to the garish light up bolt. You can see in the way he wears it and moves in it that they're not going for "badass" with it.

I'll bet though, that later in the film, they're going to light it differently and make it look "cool".

in his appearance in animation the lightning looked like a logo printed on the suit like Superman S now is look like a Separate piece from the suit

I'm pretty sure the garish, cheesy look of the suit is intentional. Right down to the garish light up bolt. You can see in the way he wears it and moves in it that they're not going for "badass" with it.

I'll bet though, that later in the film, they're going to light it differently and make it look "cool".

Yeah, it's got to be intentional.

Right? Perfect for Shazam:up:
I guess. I'm not familiar with the character.

Don't think the Shazam character is for you then, because this is exactly how he is in the comics! Lighthearted fun
Alright then. I was expecting something different but then again i don't know much about the character and his world.

They’re really leaning into the Big movie vibe. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is a homage to the piano scene.

Oh yes. I liked it. Finally a DC movie I'm looking forward to! What is this new feeling?

Alright then. I was expecting something different but then again i don't know much about the character and his world.

ever watched tom hanks big this is like a Super Hero version of it

Were you expecting something dark and gritty?

The premise of this when it started filming was "Big" with super powers. Even "Big" should've told you something of the tone.

Yeah they're kinda making it light and fun because if you know the books it gets pretty ****ed up the longer he goes on as far as villains.

Couldn’t be happier with both the Aquaman and Shazam trailers. :atp:

Best trailer of the day for me. Shazam wins

I loved both trailers!

Were you expecting something dark and gritty?

The premise of this when it started filming was "Big" with super powers. Even "Big" should've told you something of the tone.
Not something dark and gritty. I guess i expected something kind of cool and more exciting. This to me just looked kind of cheap if i am being honest.

Didn't know that. I guess i should have done my homework.

As much as I don't like this version of the character or the suit, I liked the trailer except for the music. Using Kendrick seemed weird.

Still not a huge fan of the suit but Levy and the rest of cast look great. Still a bit iffy on this movie as a whole for the moment though.

I didn't expect the trailer to break at SDCC, but maybe I forgot. I had my mind preoccupied on the Aquaman trailer all day.

As for the Shazam trailer...I have mixed feelings. Looks fun and a little dark. Yes, I like that. One of my fears about the film was that it might be too cheesy and a rehash of "BIG" (1988)

I did expect an after-credit scene in the trailer that would make a reference to Batman or Superman, slightly disappointed.

What I didn't like about the trailer though...I thought Billy Batson was a fan of superheroes, but clearly, he is not...more like an anti-hero. I thought he was a fan of Superman.

Could anyone tell me?

I know i will have the have the synder faithful will have the pitch forks out for this, but between WW this and the new aquaman, you want dceu to look fun enjoyable and colourful, keep him the hell away

I'm starting to wonder if the cheesy over-the-top suit is intentional

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"