Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

who think sangberg should change his DP for the sequel ?
he's been workin with his friend for many films, maybe he need to try something else.

DP did a great job on the movie. Very cinematic. I wouldn't change him.

Deservedly so.
The music really stood out to me and created an intense and magic atmosphere.

tumblr_ptxi7vPAUB1wlksnzo6_r1_400.gifv

4a0c0b9d1bc8f2508849cfaf714ad732.jpg

Last edited:
Damn. We only need New Gods now.

Totally random comment but I've been watching his videos and interviews on YT and I like that Sandberg guy a lot.

Not random at all. He's awesome... and hilarious!

Given the release date for S2 is just four months after Black Adam comes out, they’ll likely be shooting both films at the same time, or at least in very close sequence. It will be interesting to see how integrated the two films are; theoretically they could go full “Kill Bill” and do a four-hour two parter.

It’s probably good news for the budget for both movies too. You can get some costs saving from shooting simultaneously and spread, say, a $200 million budget over two films.

OK, watched the trailer for the new Fast Movie...

Maybe it’s just me, but... two things:

1. they should’ve cast John Cena as Shazam. He would’ve been delightfully cheesy and the eventual face off with The Rock would be that much sweeter

2. they cast too old for Billy. This series has a short shelf life because of it. I honestly would’ve aimed the franchise at an even younger audience. The movie confused me, it was too inappropriate for young kids and too goofy for adults.

You know, I don't think that Sandberg and company had a G-rating in mind when they were making Shazam! if they really wanted to appeal to a young audience, but I don't work for the MPAA.

OK, watched the trailer for the new Fast Movie...

Maybe it’s just me, but... two things:

1. they should’ve cast John Cena as Shazam. He would’ve been delightfully cheesy and the eventual face off with The Rock would be that much sweeter

2. they cast too old for Billy. This series has a short shelf life because of it. I honestly would’ve aimed the franchise at an even younger audience. The movie confused me, it was too inappropriate for young kids and too goofy for adults.

tenor.gif

I don't think that really matters. They can recast him and who would really notice. Levi was the star and face of the movie.

So it will actually film June 2nd BEFORE Black Adam :hehe:

(you know...cause he is a cruddy source ;) )

Last edited:
Still awesome news. Like I said upthread this way they can stretch a bigger budget over two films and closely integrate the stories. It’s always all in the execution, but as a plan it’s golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"