Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

OK, watched the trailer for the new Fast Movie...

Maybe it’s just me, but... two things:

1. they should’ve cast John Cena as Shazam. He would’ve been delightfully cheesy and the eventual face off with The Rock would be that much sweeter

2. they cast too old for Billy. This series has a short shelf life because of it. I honestly would’ve aimed the franchise at an even younger audience. The movie confused me, it was too inappropriate for young kids and too goofy for adults.

You're not alone.. whilst I enjoyed the movie, I felt weird, sitting there as an adult male, with a buddy... it really did feel like it was aimed for kids.

Which is totally fine.

John Cena - no thanks, not shazam! Billy was good and has a couple more movies I would say... thing is, Billy seemed kinda, reserved, serious... when he was transformed, that didn't translate.. Shazam! was way too jovial and excited - I almost felt that Zack Levi naturally, as himself, in movies, was more akin to Billy.

If anything, Patrick Warburton would have been great and the kid that played Freddy to be Billy.

Such a wonderful movie. I can't praise it enough. Fun, heartfelt and imaginative. Sandberg knocked it out of the park. I can't wait for part 2.

Hopefully we get to see Dwayne show up in Shazam 2

‘Shazam!’ Movie Profits 2019: Zachary Levi & Company Cash In – Deadline

Revenues for Shazam! at $336M were nearly as rich as its global box office of $366M. The cash-on-cash return ratio of 1.28 puts it on par with Marvel’s deeper universe character feature, Ant-Man‘s 1.3. Participations were low here at an estimated $5M, with Levi landing his first marquee role. Shazam! is the first superhero title to break into this year’s Deadline’s tournament, and the second New Line film in our top 25 to profit after Annabelle Comes Home. Earning $74M in net profit after $262M in overall costs, it’s no wonder Warner Bros/New Line plans to say Shazam! again, with a sequel in store.

That's basically what happened with Batman Begins (just with an inverted domestic/international box office ratio).

People like to write their own headlines nowadays. So, even when a movie was profitable, they'll put on their box office analyst hat on, slap out their ComicBookMovie.com University degree and expertly write it off as a disappointment, simply based on their personal preference.

People like to write their own headlines nowadays. So, even when a movie was profitable, they'll put on their box office analyst hat on, slap out their ComicBookMovie.com University degree and expertly write it off as a disappointment, simply based on their personal preference.
Shazam was profitable, it's impressive considering it was sandwiched between the two most hyped MCU movies, and it was released 20 days before the most anticipated comic book movie (Avengers Endgame).

Just rewatching Shazam on my DCEU marathon and there's a scene that really points out to me but it makes so much sense. Well it sets the stage for The Rock as Black Adam in the sense that the Wizard Shazam (Djimon Hounsou) said he chose his champion thousands of years ago and that this champion who is most likely The Rock's character of Black Adam used the Shazam powers for revenge and thousands well millions died...I just think that that was a great way of introducing Black Adam into the DCEU without us actually seeing The Rock

Finally got round to seeing this and jeez what a blast. The whole bit with Sivana trying to do his villain speech to Shazam over the city had me and the missus in stitches. One of those films I genuinely wished I had seen sooner.

I wonder how Snyder Cut JL will tie into Shazam if it does at all, going forward in this reformed, interconnected shared universe since Snyder Cut breathes new life into this shared universe of the DCEU? Or what the future ramifications will be for Billy Batson or his own universe (Shazam family) since Superman did show up at the end of Shazam when he showed up to Billy's school

It doesn't need to tie in to it at all. Can be a news report at best

The debates on that tweet are just.....wow.

56879264_1272077016277275_4692097663158452224_n.jpg

Pinch of salt as I have no clue who That Hashtag Show are. Although I think it’s a no brainer he’ll appear in Shazam 2.

Much as I'd like to see more of Cavill's Superman after Zack Snyder's Justice League (seriously, we're long overdue for another Superman solo movie), I want to wait for something more official.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"