• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War Should Steve Rogers/Captain America "die" at the end of Civil War?

Look, I don't care if they "kill"" Cap and then bring him back, but with young Peggy in tow, so they can dance, kick all sorts of ass, and have amazing super soldier spy babies and repopulate the MCU with their pretty.

Is that too much to ask?

^

In this scenario, Suzanne is the Fonz and the MCU, her shark. :p :)

I think it'd be pretty potent if Cap dies in Civil War and then Tony successfully harnesses the power of the Time Gem to save Steve at the end of Infinity War Part 1. Tony would feel Steve's death was a direct result of their conflict and then be even more motivated to save Steve once Thanos is an impending threat. Imagine a a cliffhanger ending in IW1 where Tony succeeds in bringing Steve back? People would go nuts.

While we've seen a few death fakeouts/resurrections in the MCU already I think Steve's death would be less for audience impact and more for the characters. It'd be really interesting watching how the characters react to Steve's death, and then how Steve's triumphant return could help reunite all of them.

I think it'd be pretty potent if Cap dies in Civil War and then Tony successfully harnesses the power of the Time Gem to save Steve at the end of Infinity War Part 1. Tony would feel Steve's death was a direct result of their conflict and then be even more motivated to save Steve once Thanos is an impending threat. Imagine a a cliffhanger ending in IW1 where Tony succeeds in bringing Steve back? People would go nuts.

While we've seen a few death fakeouts/resurrections in the MCU already I think Steve's death would be less for audience impact and more for the characters. It'd be really interesting watching how the characters react to Steve's death, and then how Steve's triumphant return could help reunite all of them.

This is interesting.

Ive seen two things a lot. 1. People who claim that faking deaths is annoying, unnecessary, and gets old. They also claim that if they kill someone, they should be dead for real. 2. People who don't think there should be any deaths.
To appease both I have a solution: No one dies, except everyone dies.
I know its a great idea!
[/sarcasm] <-(Can anyone help me with bbcode? It wont work. :/
:p
In all reality nicks death everyone knew about right away, it was not a fake death to the audience, but only to shield agents. Even then, who knows if he will end up revealing himself in AoU or Civil War. If he does, it will be a complete faked death and resurrection, otherwise it will just be a partial fake death, and really doesn't count because he never fully resurrected.

As for coulson, he hasn't returned to the movies yet. Possibly in AoU he will be there since it's another avengers movie, but I think he will be away from the films when he has to be so hidden in Agents of Shield. I know that coulson's death was a 'fake' death. In the sense that it was used to bring emotion to people, even though he didn't actually die. (Or whatever you want to classify that as.) At the same time I don't think he has fully resurrected either, after all he hasn't appeared in any movies. Even though it may be well known by characters that he didn't actually die, shields recent 'crash' has kept him from fully 'resurrecting'.

The cheesy way to kill someone then show they are still alive is that if there are no consequences of their faked death. In neither of these cases was there a lack of consequence. Coulson not only has to live knowing there is something wrong with him, but since then he hasn't stayed up because he has died a second time, this time he has died in the sense that he is no longer able to walk around like a normal everyday being. Fury may end up coming back and being the director again, but I HIGHLY doubt it. After handing the keys to Coulson he won't be the head anymore. He can be a side character, and an important role in fighting the civil war, but he will no longer be the leader.

I think it's okay to have at least one full death and full resurrection in a movie-series. And if anyone deserves it, its Cap. It may seem cheesy, but they can work in real consequences, keeping it from being cheesy, and keeping it from having no future effect. They could have him go into hiding like some have suggested, but this may mirror Nick too much, and it could be better to not have him do that. On top of that if everyone likes Steve as Cap, then the reason for resurrecting him would to have steve as Cap, simple as that! Therefore it will have to be a full resurrection. There can still be great consequences of his death, the Registration Act going out of control can be one. Other than that it's possible they can show the deaths of significant people that Cap could have saved if he were alive during IW1.
In the end the thing marvel cinematic lacks which I agree with others on, is a real honest death. Whens the last time that happened?
That's one thing that spider man can bring to the game, he has plenty of love interests who die because of his slightly obvious secret identity, and we can see more of this as a consequence if he reveals himself in civil war and people go after his friends. In the end they just don't have enough heros to be killing superheros left and right, even though realistically they need one or two to die. Apparently someone dies in AoU, we will see who. Marvel is not able to bring in heros quick enough to kill someone off in every other film. Frankly I'm glad they can't!
If you want a full out death of main character superheros to happen as often as some pretend should, then you need to rethink it all. Marvel currently does not have enough characters to do a full out civil war nor infinity war, but they will. Why? Because they have built a franchise where you can love even the lesser known heroes. Civil war will be a 1 movie thing, and that means they won't be able to go in depth of each character, but when heroes die (and they will) they will be able to have you feel the significance of a character who never even had their own solo film! If you are looking for deaths, you will get them, but only in the most significant ways. No hero will die, and have people just shrug their shoulders. If that hero is then brought back because the character is so significant to the franchise, so be it! It may seem cheesy, but so does shooting webs out of your hands, or speaking like a shakespeare character while wielding a hammer as your weapon and having a cape. The little things that sometimes are the most cheesy, are what makes superheroes so great! IF Cap dies, and the is resurrected through some kind of magic or technology, then that is just as cheesy as some kind of steroid creating him in the first place! It's just as cheesy as radiation/anger causing banner to... hulk.
You can disagree, but I don't see what the whole fuss is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"