Should there be more coordination between the Marvel televsion and film units

If the Netflix characters don't show up, no one's going to be that upset.

I wish they'd put a bit more effort into the show and add things like that, but oh well.

I don't know any of the details of the Infinity War movies but, can we just have one single montage of the tv series heroes fighting some alien baddies?

There's certainly a way to introduce the characters and serving the story at the same time.

Tony Stark is facing a work force problem: Cap, Hawkeye, Witch and Falcon are fugitives. The guys he could recruit are fugitives along with Cap: Ant Man, Winter Soldier.

Black Panther is in Wakanda.

War Machine has a major problem with his injured spine.

Hulk and Thor will be not available at start.

This makes only The Vision and the no thrustful Black Widow as the last available Avengers. Then he has to recruit Spidey and probably Doctor Strange.

So, Tony is still the Avengers leader and if he's not keeping a tab on a super ninja with enhanced reflexes, a powerful man almost invulnerable, a incredibly strong woman and a kung-fu master with mistical powers that seem impressive, all of them well known in Hell's Kitchen, then he's very negligent.

At the end of Defenders, they could put something like post credits scene with the Defenders reunion celebrating their success and then Tony Stark shows up, like "I'm here to talk about Avengers initiative".

Are they gonna do it? Probably, certainly not, but there's a very legitimate way of introducing these characters.

Good point. Tony does seem to keep tabs on heroes and Avengers are seriously lacking members.

But perhaps Tony isn't generally keeping tabs on heroes. Perhaps he randomly saw Spidey swing around in his onesies and wanted to know more.

Or perhaps Tony has just lost his faith in the Avengers.

But not like The Avengers are desperate for numbers. They stopped Loki and the Chitauri invasion with a grand total of six members...seven with Selvig's help in closing the portal.

I really don't see the Defenders just hanging out like that. I get the feeling they'll part ways will mutual respect but not exactly as friends who hang out all the time. They'll definitely want each series to have it's on autonomy and keeping the main characters as loners would do that. I also get a feeling they don't want the audience to feel like they have to watch a movie in order to understand their show, likewise

I also don't see Stark being like Nick Fury, he does not have the attention span to investigate every little rumor that's out there. Probably just saw the video of Spider-man catching a car and thought "huh that's cool". I don't think Daredevil or Jessica Jones wouldn't even cross his mind. Luke Cage is different because the media has extensive coverage of him and his powers. We don't know enough about how famous Iron Fist will be to the world. Remember most of these series is about secret battle in the dark corners of nyc. To the world daredevil is just a normal guy in a devil costume and jessica jones is just a P.I. who is rumored to maybe, kind of, sort of have powers at best. Just because we, the audience, knows better doesn't mean the people in the MCU do as well. But Luke Cage season 2 should really tackle being recruited in someway, since he is so famous. Maybe a scene where Maria Hill shows up, but he turns her down.

The most likely scenario I could think of is to have an Avenger going to Luke Cage saying "**** is about to go down and we need all the help we can get" and Luke, after some convincing, he knows some people and the Avenger replies "call them up and be at Avengers tower".

What's most important is the story, while it would be awesome to see the Defenders in Infinity War unless it is necessary for the story it won't happen. Story comes first and with all the returning Avengers, new characters, and the guardians I don't see how the defenders contribute other than fan service. I really doubt they'll be in Infinity War because of that, but it may be more likely that They'll show up in Avenger 4 (formally IW part 2)

The day when you realize feige isn't going to acknowledge any of Pelmutter's properties after the grief he endured under him for years it's the da you will fine peace :)

I really don't see the Defenders just hanging out like that. I get the feeling they'll part ways will mutual respect but not exactly as friends who hang out all the time. They'll definitely want each series to have it's on autonomy and keeping the main characters as loners would do that. I also get a feeling they don't want the audience to feel like they have to watch a movie in order to understand their show, likewise

I also don't see Stark being like Nick Fury, he does not have the attention span to investigate every little rumor that's out there. Probably just saw the video of Spider-man catching a car and thought "huh that's cool". I don't think Daredevil or Jessica Jones wouldn't even cross his mind. Luke Cage is different because the media has extensive coverage of him and his powers. We don't know enough about how famous Iron Fist will be to the world. Remember most of these series is about secret battle in the dark corners of nyc. To the world daredevil is just a normal guy in a devil costume and jessica jones is just a P.I. who is rumored to maybe, kind of, sort of have powers at best. Just because we, the audience, knows better doesn't mean the people in the MCU do as well. But Luke Cage season 2 should really tackle being recruited in someway, since he is so famous. Maybe a scene where Maria Hill shows up, but he turns her down.

The most likely scenario I could think of is to have an Avenger going to Luke Cage saying "**** is about to go down and we need all the help we can get" and Luke, after some convincing, he knows some people and the Avenger replies "call them up and be at Avengers tower".

What's most important is the story, while it would be awesome to see the Defenders in Infinity War unless it is necessary for the story it won't happen. Story comes first and with all the returning Avengers, new characters, and the guardians I don't see how the defenders contribute other than fan service. I really doubt they'll be in Infinity War because of that, but it may be more likely that They'll show up in Avenger 4 (formally IW part 2)

Well, I had the feeling seeing the pictures that they'll go for the clichê of dysfunctional team and then becoming buddies. Like Cox said, they will understand each other because they're almost renegades and that will connect them.

About Daredevil, Hawkeye is a regular human "with very specific skills", like Black Widow and Falcon, which to me is worthless to the stories and still he's there. Daredevil is a super ninja in the level of Batman and plus, he has enhanced senses. Doesn't make sense what you say because if someone investigates, pay a little attention, or just open the newspaper (that extensively covered the Devil Of Hell's Kitchen) will discover that this guy knocked the **** out of a gang, alone, with no guns. If that it's not worth to keep a tab on a human like this then I don't know what kind of leader Tony is.

Luke is more powerful than even the Captain America.

We will discover about Iron Fist in the next month, but was said that NY will recognize the Defenders, because, let's be honest, to unite those people you'll need a threat that will hardly be unnoticed by the people of NY, and so to Tony Stark that lives in... New York.

Like I said, it's not going to happen, but it's just horse**** what you've been told that it's impossible to introduce the characters for other than fan service.

The thing is a threat for the Defenders probably wouldn't get a rise out of the entire city. Much of what we've seen as far as threats have been confined to Harlem and Hell's Kitchen.

Plus, another thing, and I think this could partially be the reason there probably won't be anything SHIELD in the films outside of Fury and Maria Hill, is that the main heroes of the MCU have moved beyond the simple ground based threats. Had these Netflix shows been out around or even before the release of The Avengers, then I could see a bigger case for folks asking why the Defenders weren't involved.

Now, between aliens from the sky, Ultron, soon Thanos, and beyond that, the universe is growing larger in scale and moving past these smaller threats that are better left to the hands of folks like the Defenders.

The thing is a threat for the Defenders probably wouldn't get a rise out of the entire city. Much of what we've seen as far as threats have been confined to Harlem and Hell's Kitchen.

Plus, another thing, and I think this could partially be the reason there probably won't be anything SHIELD in the films outside of Fury and Maria Hill, is that the main heroes of the MCU have moved beyond the simple ground based threats. Had these Netflix shows been out around or even before the release of The Avengers, then I could see a bigger case for folks asking why the Defenders weren't involved.

Now, between aliens from the sky, Ultron, soon Thanos, and beyond that, the universe is growing larger in scale and moving past these smaller threats that are better left to the hands of folks like the Defenders.

Fine, I agree with some things that you said, but I disagree with the city. We'll see what happens when Defenders shows up.

Other thing, if (and again, they'll not do it) they use these characters the timing is right. Defenders will be released in 2018 before Infinity War.

2. I guess the black costume will be introduced in the Avengers 4, Spidey has a movie in 2019 before A4, and probably it's what we'll get for Spider-man 3.

They don't need to be in anything.

But they have to fulfill Jeph Loeb's continued prophecy of 'It's all connected.'

You know, part of me will be glad that whenever SHIELD ends, we can put that phrase to rest and just accept that SHIELD as an organization is a bygone remnant of Phase 1 and a bit of Phase 2.

They absolutely do if Infinity War is supposed to be a conclusion to the first three phases of the MCU.

Infinity War should feature Agents of SHIELD and Agents of SHIELD should be replaced with a new MCU spin-off show connected to phases four, five and six.

Well, I had the feeling seeing the pictures that they'll go for the clichê of dysfunctional team and then becoming buddies. Like Cox said, they will understand each other because they're almost renegades and that will connect them.
I agree they'll connect on some level and have respect for each other, but I don't think they'll be "super friends" at the end of it. If only to keep their individual series separate. I feel it will end in a way so that audience won't keep thinking "why doesn't daredevil just call for Luke's help on this one?"
About Daredevil, Hawkeye is a regular human "with very specific skills", like Black Widow and Falcon, which to me is worthless to the stories and still he's there. Daredevil is a super ninja in the level of Batman and plus, he has enhanced senses. Doesn't make sense what you say because if someone investigates, pay a little attention, or just open the newspaper (that extensively covered the Devil Of Hell's Kitchen) will discover that this guy knocked the **** out of a gang, alone, with no guns. If that it's not worth to keep a tab on a human like this then I don't know what kind of leader Tony is.

Luke is more powerful than even the Captain America.
I just disagree here, you have to consider how the media in this fictional universe sees it. Daredevil didn't take down entire gangs, the russians were killed by Fisk and Fisk was brought down by a corrupt cop's testimony. Punisher was captured by the cops, the hospital covered up the Hand incident, and the Hand would probably also use influence to cover up what happens at the end of the season. Again this is how the media would see it, Daredevil is just a guy who beats up criminals to them. His more amazing feats were never really reported. Would Daredevil be an asset to the Avengers on the level that black widow/hawkeye/etc absolutely, but I don't see cause from their perspective in the universe to bother trying to track him down to recruit him. They simply haven't seen him from our perspective.

Again, I agree on Luke Cage. Unlike Daredevil and Jessica Jones, who were fighting in the shadows and we see how little the public as well as the media truly knows about what's really going on, Luke is front and center in the public eye. It makes perfect sense for the Avengers to recruit or keep tabs. Season 2 should definitely address it.

We will discover about Iron Fist in the next month, but was said that NY will recognize the Defenders, because, let's be honest, to unite those people you'll need a threat that will hardly be unnoticed by the people of NY, and so to Tony Stark that lives in... New York.

Like I said, it's not going to happen, but it's just horse**** what you've been told that it's impossible to introduce the characters for other than fan service.
Does Stark live in New York? I mean he just owns a tower, I don't think they've shown him to actually live there as a permanent resident.

And that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not saying it's impossible, in fact quite the opposite. The best thing about the MCU is that it's possible but story comes first. And the way Infinity War appears to be shaping up I don't think The Defenders fit naturally into the story. And the Russos are smart enough to know to not to force in a large groups of characters just for fan service. Who knows maybe they have a brilliant way to include them that works. I'm just saying from a creative/character stand point, from both the Defenders and the Avengers perspectives, it doesn't seems necessary and is very unlikely.

They won't do it for the sake of fan service, they would only do it for the sake of the story, and I don't think they story will call for it. That's my point.

They absolutely do if Infinity War is supposed to be a conclusion to the first three phases of the MCU.

Infinity War should feature Agents of SHIELD and Agents of SHIELD should be replaced with a new MCU spin-off show connected to phases four, five and six.

Why just the first three phases if there will be more phases to this MCU? Why this one specifically when there's just as much reason for SHIELD to have appeared in Age of Ultron during Phase 2.

I don't remember the Agents of SHIELD being in any of the three phases.

Not major, no, though there was still Coulson in Iron Man 1, 2, Thor, and The Avengers. But SHIELD itself, yeah not the biggest deal in the grand scheme of the MCU.

Why just the first three phases if there will be more phases to this MCU? Why this one specifically when there's just as much reason for SHIELD to have appeared in Age of Ultron during Phase 2.
Infinity War is the conclusion to the first three series.
I don't remember the Agents of SHIELD being in any of the three phases.
Agents of SHIELD is a part of the MCU. It started after 2012's The Avengers.

I'm not looking for the Russos to do any heavy TV-Film crossover work in Infinity War. Say Thanos is simultaneously watching a dozen or so recordings of earth's champions before parking Sanctuary II to the left of the moon. Include scenes of the Defenders and AOS squad in action and I'm good.

After Winter Soldier and more so Age of Ultron, SHIELD itself is pretty much an afterthought in the films.

The only crossover that needs to happen is the Avengers confronting Coulson about his death. Everything else is fine where it is. It would be cool, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"