Should there be more coordination between the Marvel televsion and film units

Infinity War is the conclusion to the first three series.

Agents of SHIELD is a part of the MCU. It started after 2012's The Avengers.

MCU stands for "Marvel Cinematic Universie" keyword being CINEMATIC.

AoS is just a network television show.

I'd have no problem with a crossover episode on Netflix with one of the shows. Especially with Spidey. Maybe DDS3, if Peter Parker showed up in an episode, I could see that being kind of cool and fun.

Oh, boy here we go again. Sony will never let Spider-man appear in a tv show when they can constantly make movies that rack hundreds of millions. And they certainly won't let him anywhere near a dark show like DD.

Get the comics out of your head. Stop imagining crossovers and cameos. This is the real world. They are way more restrictions.

Oh, boy here we go again. Sony will never let Spider-man appear in a tv show when they can constantly make movies that rack hundreds of millions. And they certainly won't let him anywhere near a dark show like DD.

Get the comics out of your head. Stop imagining crossovers and cameos. This is the real world. They are way more restrictions.

If I'm not wrong, Marvel owns the TV rights for Spider-Man.

Sure, just not the ones from that TV show.

Why not? When you already have named agents in the MCU, it makes no sense not to use them to represent SHIELD. It would seem odd when Simmons has such a major job role as the head of the science division who reports directly to Mace.

MCU stands for "Marvel Cinematic Universie" keyword being CINEMATIC.

AoS is just a network television show.

The word 'cinematic' doesn't matter. Agents of SHIELD is a part of the MCU. As are the Netflix shows. As was Agent Carter. That's undeniable.

If I'm not wrong, Marvel owns the TV rights for Spider-Man.

If it is MCU-related I doubt they can do anything with him on live-action TV unless Sony agrees to it. They got into trouble many years ago over the whole Mutant X thing.

MCU stands for "Marvel Cinematic Universe" keyword being UNIVERSE.

AoS is part of that.

Yeah - CINEMATIC Universe. Not TELEVISION Universe. MCU not MTU. AoS is television.

Better learn to accept it, especially with the rift between Perlmutter and Feige. All this whining about C-list television characters needing to appear in MCU movies is a waste of time. They've clearly moved on from the idea of the connectivity and have since ventured into the sandbox they were dealt.

All this whining about C-list television characters needing to appear in MCU movies is a waste of time.
Please find a post by me where I whined about AoS or Netflix actors not appearing in a movie.
'Better learn to accept' that arrogant statements like that will lead you nowhere and also, that your definition of connectivity is very narrow.

Yeah - CINEMATIC Universe. Not TELEVISION Universe. MCU not MTU. AoS is television.

Better learn to accept it, especially with the rift between Perlmutter and Feige. All this whining about C-list television characters needing to appear in MCU movies is a waste of time. They've clearly moved on from the idea of the connectivity and have since ventured into the sandbox they were dealt.

It doesn't matter whether it's film or television, it's the same universe.

Cinematic - of, relating to, suggestive of, or suitable for motion pictures or the filming of motion pictures.

motion picture - a sequence of images of moving objects photographed by a camera and providing the optical illusion of continuous movement when on a screen

Television is a media of motion pictures. Even so, the name MCU was coined by fans, not by Marvel's marketing firm who would over analyse the strict definitions of words to ensure straight forward communication with the target audience. So claiming that the tv series is not a part of the fictional universe because of those terms is a moot point.

Also, connected doesn't mean it's all a part of a singular narrative that is spear headed by the films. Simply different places and different characters in the same universe. And I don't believe they rift between Perlmutter and Fiege would prevent any cross promotional character usage that could give a huge boost to the television division. And if Fiege wants it he could convince Disney to throw a little weight around. The bigger question is would it service the story or not, since that's where Fiege's priorities typically lie.

If it is MCU-related I doubt they can do anything with him on live-action TV unless Sony agrees to it. They got into trouble many years ago over the whole Mutant X thing.

Sony leaks provided some info on it, to be able to use more characters related to Spider-Man they gave up on TV live action rights. So, TV live action rights reverted to Marvel, but off course, why would Marvel put their biggest character in a TV show?

It enabled Marvel to make their own Spider-Man animated shows.

However, Marvel doing a live-action Spider-Man TV series would potentially conflict with the films anyway. It's a can of worms they'd probably want to avoid anyway.

Marvel tried to do a Mutant X TV series separate from the X-Men films even though Fox didn't have TV rights for the X-Men franchise. 20th Century Fox still sued Marvel over Mutant X for copyright infringement.

Cinematic - of, relating to, suggestive of, or suitable for motion pictures or the filming of motion pictures.

motion picture - a sequence of images of moving objects photographed by a camera and providing the optical illusion of continuous movement when on a screen

Television is a media of motion pictures. Even so, the name MCU was coined by fans, not by Marvel's marketing firm who would over analyse the strict definitions of words to ensure straight forward communication with the target audience. So claiming that the tv series is not a part of the fictional universe because of those terms is a moot point.

Also, connected doesn't mean it's all a part of a singular narrative that is spear headed by the films. Simply different places and different characters in the same universe. And I don't believe they rift between Perlmutter and Fiege would prevent any cross promotional character usage that could give a huge boost to the television division. And if Fiege wants it he could convince Disney to throw a little weight around. The bigger question is would it service the story or not, since that's where Fiege's priorities typically lie.

You're ignoring the obvious. They have since moved on from the "it's all connected" theme.

They're working with their own tropes now (i.e. Inhumans, Ghost Rider, etc). Furthermore are now attempting to spin off other TV shows from AoS (ex. Marvel's Most Wanted) to build their own TV universe, but not spinning them off the MCU anymore.

Last edited:
So, TV live action rights reverted to Marvel, but off course, why would Marvel put their biggest character in a TV show?

That's why I brought up the Mutant X example. Marvel tried to make a live-action X-Men-type show while the movies were going on and Fox sued the crap out of them and got it cancelled. There's no way doing a live-action show set in the MCU would not be grounds for a legal dispute of some kind.

That's why I brought up the Mutant X example. Marvel tried to make a live-action X-Men-type show while the movies were going on and Fox sued the crap out of them and got it cancelled. There's no way doing a live-action show set in the MCU would not be grounds for a legal dispute of some kind.

Cringe.

[YT]kOsvDlKQUoQ[/YT]

Yeah. Even though it's TV, the film property rights holder would still have a legal claim that it "infringes" on the film franchise.

You're ignoring the obvious. They have since moved on from the "it's all connected" theme.

They're working with their own tropes now (i.e. Inhumans, Ghost Rider, etc). Furthermore are now attempting to spin off other TV shows from AoS (ex. Marvel's Most Wanted) to build their own TV universe, but not spinning them off the MCU anymore.

Not really. Marvel's Most Wanted never saw the light of day. Also, Agent Carter.

Runaways and Cloak and Dagger aren't going to spinoffs of Agents of SHIELD.

Well, I had the feeling seeing the pictures that they'll go for the clichê of dysfunctional team and then becoming buddies. Like Cox said, they will understand each other because they're almost renegades and that will connect them.

About Daredevil, Hawkeye is a regular human "with very specific skills", like Black Widow and Falcon, which to me is worthless to the stories and still he's there. Daredevil is a super ninja in the level of Batman and plus, he has enhanced senses. Doesn't make sense what you say because if someone investigates, pay a little attention, or just open the newspaper (that extensively covered the Devil Of Hell's Kitchen) will discover that this guy knocked the **** out of a gang, alone, with no guns. If that it's not worth to keep a tab on a human like this then I don't know what kind of leader Tony is.

Luke is more powerful than even the Captain America.

We will discover about Iron Fist in the next month, but was said that NY will recognize the Defenders, because, let's be honest, to unite those people you'll need a threat that will hardly be unnoticed by the people of NY, and so to Tony Stark that lives in... New York.

Like I said, it's not going to happen, but it's just horse**** what you've been told that it's impossible to introduce the characters for other than fan service.

You seem to be of the mistaken belief that all non-powered heroes are created equal, or that you can judge the overall capacity of a hero by how much they can bench-press.

Hint: They aren't, and you can't.

Bluntly, Hawkeye is part of the Avengers while Daredevil is not, because Hawkeye is a much higher level hero than Daredevil. He has a broader, better developed skillset, more and more useful experience, and access to a vastly superior array of gadgets which he is better at using. He is, in every way, a far better fit for the Avengers and much more useful to them.

Likewise, the fact that Luke can lift more than Cap, and is more bullet proof than Cap, doesn't change that Cap is a vastly more powerful superhero. He makes up for lower brickiness by being better at essentially *everything* else, from tactics to leadership to stealth to perception to martial arts.

It doesn't matter whether it's film or television, it's the same universe.

Clearly it is, because things that happened in the films are referenced and affect what happens in the shows, and characters from the films have shown up on television.

Even if the relationship is one way, the shows are very clearly meant to take place in the same universe as the films.

So? Just because it would have been a spin off doesn't make it separate from the established fictional universe. And of course they're gonna do things to make them stand out. Wanna see Ghost Rider then watch ABC. Wanna see Daredevil, get netflix. Their developing their own corner of the universe not separating it completely from the films. If the shows are to succeed they need to stand on their own. Sure there may be more cross overs on the same network, but that's easier for them in terms of logistics/marketing.

The relationship may have moved from "Its all connected!" to "Its not contradictory!". But Marvel's live action TV and film properties all take place within the same continuity.

Here is the problem with that thinking for Marvel. They have built this connected universe and up until IW, I can buy the limited connectivity that they have displayed. I'd like it to be a little more, but everything makes sense as it is so I can live with it. However, IW changes things. It is an event on such a level with such a threat that all characters need to feel it's impact and need to be involved at some level. If Fiege, D'sposito, Loeb, and any other decision-makers are going to tell me that the threat of Thanos doesn't require assistance from Quake or Luke Cage or Iron Fist, then it all starts to fall apart for me. If the TV characters are dealing with Hydra or the Hand while Thanos is attempting to destroy the universe, the universe ceases to be as impressive as it once was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"