Across the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse News and General Discussion

with the MCU reference, I wonder if this movie will be the connection for the multiverse to bring Miles Morales to the MCU

So, what I’m guessing is that, by the end of the film, Miles makes some sort of personal choice that goes against the how things are supposed to go, particularly for him, and that choice creates some sort of problem that will have far-reaching consequences, which will be dealt with in “Beyond the Spider-Verse”.

If that’s the case, I really like that. Creates really big stakes while also keeping the perspective very, very personal and intimate.

b866b356fad1ea670b3edc67ed8a37ed83238748.gifv

Forget the Spot or Miguel. Miles is going to be lucky to survive Rio.

Loved the first one.
This looks sensational.
Miguel O'Hara makes a savage complex antagonist, against a greater villain. Do we know who?

That is up there with "Bagel!".

LOL makes sense, like Miles I visually heard that snap in Spanish too. :D

Wait I thought Miles "Uncle Ben" moment came when he saw his Uncle Aaron die at the hands of Kingpin in the first film? Why does his dad have to die to be his divine moment?

Other than Jefferson usually does died in practically every incarnation to give Miles that Spider-Man grief.
Yeah a bit contrived, since he already had that suposed defining angst moment, and now the universe (in this case from Miguel O'Hara's POV) supposedly needs to have it play out yet again? As per what they established O'Hara should acknowledge the universe already played that card for Miles. Though I guess the idea now Miles gets (and we get to witness) a chance to see him switch it up. Save both the Universe and keep his loved one.

Last edited:
That trailer gave away way too much, especially with Miguel and the final fight.

Yup, typical of Sony with their Spidey movies. They spoil too much in the trailers.

In addition to that, my eyes almost hurt watching that. This movie is going to be even more irritating to us red-green colorblind folks than the first one.

Ignoring any footage from the trailer out...

Miguel O'Hara makes a savage complex antagonist, against a greater villain. Do we know who?
Thought it was confirmed the Spot was going to be the villain in this and in Beyond The Spider-Verse.

Movie looking great, though I do have to question why they're making the point that Miles hasn't lost anyone and learning to become Spider-Man when his uncle Aaron fits that role already. Heck, even blonde Peter to a lesser extent.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they're trying to imply that Miles hasn't suffered loss, more so that Miles hasn't been in a situation where he's had to choose to let someone die for the greater good. Such as the situation at the end of Spider-Man PS4.

I do hope if that's the case, that they do spend time presenting arguments from all ends of the spectrum. I know they seem to imply that Miguel is only recruiting people that align with him morally, but with over 200+ Spider-People surely they're all going to have a wide variety of perspectives that don't match 1 to 1.

I think the Spot is gonna be a little bit of a sad and goofy dude but his powers are a threat to the fabric of the universe, the out of place Vulture showing up in Gwen's universe and the Spider-crew showing up to stop him points to that. Spot originating out of Miles' world probably has something to do with it but there's probably a lot more to it. Peter's line about "this isn't what we talked about" points to how maybe a lot of them don't get the full picture of whatever they're recruited for. Whole thing is gonna be one of the best movies of the year for sure. Love seeing my boys Scarlet Spider and Unlimited getting some good shots. Literally Unlimited at the center of the meme x1000.

When you already lost your best friend/ uncle you really, really don't want to lose your dad.

So the stakes are higher this time around.

And the audience knows Sony will pull the trigger after Aunt May in No Way Home. So there's genuine suspense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"