Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home ---- Official Box Office Prediction Thread

Vic Ryan

Civilian
Reaction score
I noticed no one has made this thread yet so i was just wondering. Hope i'm not too early. I personally think this will surpass 1 billion. Thoughts?

It's a bit early to tell, but I think it can pull off at least $800M. No idea if it will get close to the $1B mark.

I noticed no one has made this thread yet so i was just wondering. Hope i'm not too early. I personally think this will surpass 1 billion. Thoughts?

It's a bit early to tell, but I think it can pull off at least $800M. No idea if it will get close to the $1B mark.
Over $800M is a guarantee -- It WON'T do less than HOMECOMING. Realistically, it'll do over $900M. But it being POST-A4, I'm going to say $1B.

Jake G guarantees an extra $170 million......pesos :oldrazz:

I can't wait to see him in this.

Above a billion easily. A billion is not what it used to be and spiderman would be a easy billion movie now if not for the ASM movies and being rebooted 2 times. HC had to get rid of the ugly taste that those movies left in people's mouths and regain peoples trust and it did. HC could have been considered the best movie ever made and it wouldn't have done what it should have because of those movies. HC made 880 million even with all that going agest it. 120 million increase after getting peoples trust back is not that much to ask for. Movie should be able to do like 1.2-1.4 billion really at worst 1 billion.

Coming in hot off IW there's no way this movie makes less than Homecoming. 900M and up is my vote.

Last year I thought that Infinity War and A4 would help Spidey cross the billion line. But now Spidey's dead and will probably have reduced role in A4. Will the audiences be hungry for more Peter, or will the hype get less build up? I'm unsure, but I'm still gonna go with over a billion.

The Spidey hype will be real post A4. Shoot, the hype is real NOW.

It'll certainly do more than Homecoming, especially when it'll be the first movie after Avengers 4. Man, I'm so excited for this!

The Spidey hype will be real post A4. Shoot, the hype is real NOW.
Spider-Man's had an awesome 2018 so far and it looks like that's going to extend into 2019. The hype is real indeed. Not to mention Tom is a massive hit with the GA as Spider-Man and his fanbase is growing almost to the point where it's matching, and in some cases, surpassing Tobey's. I'm quite confident that 1 billion could be a lock. At least 400 in the US and 600 overseas

I wouldn't call 1 billion a lock. But I think it is in play potentially.

This might be the first Spidey film to potentially hit $1 billion in a while.

Homecoming was well received, we just got a new PS4 game that is a major hit, and Far From Home will be the first movie to release immediately after Avengers 4. So there's a lot going for this.

Homecoming was well received, we just got a new PS4 game that is a major hit, and Far From Home will be the first movie to release immediately after Avengers 4. So there's a lot going for this.
Exactly my point. I'm not saying 1 billion is guaranteed, but its more likely than not

No Spider-Man film has crossed 1 billion without factoring in inflation.

upload_2018-10-9_12-1-34.png

When you factor in inflation, different story. But unadjusted, never happened.

Far From Home could possibly be the first movie to hit $1B... I guess we shall see!

I remember when the box office results for HC slowed down around $600M, and it was stagnant for a while, but suddnely it was released in China and it got a big boos from there.

I think FFH will need to be better than HC to hit a billion, but if it is then it has a great chance.

It doesn't have to be exceptionally better, but it should be on par or just a little better to hit $1B. Otherwise there are a lot of other factors that will contribute to the box office returns.

If people come out of Avengers 4 hungry for more, then FFH will get a lot of new viewers.

I'm expecting Far From Home to be at least more entertaining and bigger in scale and action given the little info we have. I don't know if it will be better though. Critics were really drooling over Homecoming when it came out in July 2017.
Yes more entertaining and larger in scale is what I'm expecting. If it achieves that I'll be surprised if it doesn't get $1B coming off what could the MCU's biggest ever film.

Last edited:
Far From Home could possibly be the first movie to hit $1B... I guess we shall see!

I remember when the box office results for HC slowed down around $600M, and it was stagnant for a while, but suddnely it was released in China and it got a big boos from there.
Haha. I just remembered the jobless trolls pretending to be box office experts and mocking Homecoming saying it was a flop :D. Good times.

I'm expecting Far From Home to be at least more entertaining and bigger in scale and action given the little info we have. I don't know if it will be better though. Critics were really drooling over Homecoming when it came out in July 2017.

Hahaha. 880M was amazing coming off TASM 2. FFH will have a solid shot at 1B if the marketing is solid and they don’t show the last scene in the movie like they did in Venom and TASM 2.

Haha. I just remembered the jobless trolls pretending to be box office experts and mocking Homecoming saying it was a flop :D. Good times.

I have no doubts that the scale of FFH will be bigger than Homecoming, considering it is dealing with mutliple European locations and will come right out of Avengers 4.

If this can do a billion and CM can get over the line too, the MCU could have all billion dollar films in 2019! Got to be at least a reasonable chance of the trifecta. :cool:

If this can do a billion and CM can get over the line too, the MCU could have all billion dollar films in 2019! Got to be at least a reasonable chance of the trifecta. :cool:
Legit shot at making 4B with 3 films two years in a row. 2018 did it with BP, IW and AM&TW at roughly 4.016B.

8B in 6 films would be ridiculous. Average of 1.33B per film.

#superherofatigue

Legit shot at making 4B with 3 films two years in a row. 2018 did it with BP, IW and AM&TW at roughly 4.016B.

8B in 6 films would be ridiculous. Average of 1.33B per film.

#superherofatigue
Yep, and I think this year could beat last year and clear the $4b mark with each of the underlying films also crossing their billion dollar targets ($2b for Endgame). AM&W was the relatively weaker one in 2018 but there is no weak link this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"