• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

As great as the movie was, the following could have pushed it into an even higher tier for me:

**This is nostalgic fan service to the highest degree**

- I was secretly hoping Hardy's Venom would have joined the fray at the Statue of Liberty. It would have been funny to see him show up to try to help only to get wailed on by Tobey's Spider-Man since he's the variant with past symbiote experience.

- This would have been a little too derivative of Into the Spider-Verse, but if Emma Stone had come back as Spider-Gwen from another universe people would have lost their minds even more than they already did. I would have loved to see her interact with Andrew's Peter and relate how they each lost their respective universe's variant of the other person. It would have also been even more of a win for Andrew's Peter knowing that somewhere out there, there was a Gwen who lived.

- I also would have loved a couple of scenes near the end of Tobey and Andrew back in their own universes with Andrew's Peter swinging through his NYC feeling more hopeful and Tobey's Peter maybe reuniting with Dunst's MJ, maybe showing that they had a kid or two, before taking a final swing through the city to the classic Elfman score.

Of course, all of that would have shifted focus away from Holland's Spider-Man and he is and should be the main focal point of the movie but that's just me waxing nostalgic.

I also thought it was neat that it’s confirmed her name is Michelle Jones Watson. If only they told us that in the first movie :o

They did when she said my friends call me MJ.

But alot of racist didn't accept that and claimed that she wasn't Mary Jane and that was just a easter egg.

If they didn't easily confirm it than the entire of Far From Home should have.

They didn't even bother explaining why Peter fell for her in that movie because it was obvious he would because Mary Jane is his love interest in the comics.

Oh Zendaya MJ is so much better this Kristen's.

She not toxic to Peter she's a good person actually is useful and has chemistry with Tom Holland is funny had attitude but also flaw's.

I also thought it was neat that it’s confirmed her name is Michelle Jones Watson. If only they told us that in the first movie :o
I forgot to mention that. I thought it was just an internet rumor that her last name was Jones and we got some hints about her life with her not liking "Watson"

I wasn't crazy about Michelle or Ned but they got almost zero character development throughout all three movies

I can't tell you how happy I am that Murdock and Fisk are now in the MCU.

I hope Marvel just says "The Netflix shows happened wholesale in the MCU timeline".

Well...maybe all but Iron Fist lol

I can't tell you how happy I am that Murdock and Fisk are now in the MCU.

I hope Marvel just says "The Netflix shows happened wholesale in the MCU timeline".

Well...maybe all but Iron Fist lol

The joke I have is the Defenders all got blipped, but Danny Rand just never came back lol

They could have done without Sandman and Lizard, especially since the actors themselves didn't even really appear at the end (they used existing footage from their movies). Would have been better to devote more time to the Goblin as the main villain.

They could have done without Sandman and Lizard, especially since the actors themselves didn't even really appear at the end (they used existing footage from their movies). Would have been better to devote more time to the Goblin as the main villain.

I think a great idea would have been to replace Lizard with Dan Dhaan Green Goblin.

I don't know why Sandman joined the villains in turning against the Spideys. He made his peace with Tobey in SM-3. Shouldn't he want to be sent home to be with his daughter?

As for Electro why was he even there in the first place since he hadn't a clue who Spider-Man really was.

I agree. Sandman at least had a few good moments but Lizard? A real waste

I don't know why Sandman joined the villains in turning against the Spideys. He made his peace with Tobey in SM-3. Shouldn't he want to be sent home to be with his daughter?

As for Electro why was he even there in the first place since he hadn't a clue who Spider-Man really was.

Electro has been retconed to know.

I guess the whole hospital scene with Aunt May could sort work as Electro specifically targeting someone close to Peter now.

Back in when TASM2 came out he didn't but now we have to accept that he did.

But at the end of the world really because it doesn't make anything worse.

Electro has been retconed to know.

I guess the whole hospital scene with Aunt May could sort work as Electro specifically targeting someone close to Peter now.

Back in when TASM2 came out he didn't but now we have to accept that he did.

But at the end of the world really because it doesn't make anything worse.

It was not retconned. Electro says to Garfield at the end that he thought he was black.

Exactly. Things like this made no sense, other than to obviously add more fan service and sell more toys or whatever the reason. Jamie Foxx is one of the bigger "star" villains, so that's why he was there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Strange's spell was "everyone in the WORLD will forget Peter Parker", right? So could Fury, who is currently off world, still remember him?

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with the minor continuity blips. I'll No-Prize it up to the Multiverse breaking down causing this errors "Crisis On Infinite Earths"-style.

I just wish we got a proper Sinister Six.

It was not retconned. Electro says to Garfield at the end that he thought he was black.

Yeah which means he thought Peter Parker was black.

He even said he knew he was from queens and said alot of stuff that he knew which would he impossible to know if he didn't know he was Peter Parker.

He's was wrong about the race not the identity.

They did when she said my friends call me MJ.

But alot of racist didn't accept that and claimed that she wasn't Mary Jane and that was just a easter egg.

If they didn't easily confirm it than the entire of Far From Home should have.

They didn't even bother explaining why Peter fell for her in that movie because it was obvious he would because Mary Jane is his love interest in the comics.

They should’ve just spelled it out to settle the whole “is she MJ Watson or isn’t she” thing we’ve been asking throughout HC and FFC. Kevin Fiege did make it seem like it was just a nod and nothing more.

As for Peter not needing a reason to like her… sorry, that’s just lazy writing to expect audiences to infer these kinds of things without any sort of development whatsoever. FFH seems gets a pass for its lazy writing though :o

I will say, NWH made me like this MJ a lot more. Probably because she was given more to do this time around.

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with the minor continuity blips. I'll No-Prize it up to the Multiverse breaking down causing this errors "Crisis On Infinite Earths"-style.

I just wish we got a proper Sinister Six.

Ironically, the spell DID give us 6 villians... one of them just chose to get drunk instead of looking for Parker.

Yeah he thought Peter Parker was black.

He even said he knew he was from queens.

He's was wrong about the race not the identity.

Knowing he's from Queens doesn't mean he knows who he is. If he knew his identity he would know he wasn't black.

They should’ve just spelled it out to settle the whole “is she MJ Watson or isn’t she” thing we’ve been asking throughout HC and FFC. Kevin Fiege did make it seem like it was just a nod and nothing more.

As for Peter not needing a reason to like her… sorry, that’s just lazy writing to expect audiences to infer these kinds of things without any sort of development whatsoever. FFH seems gets a pass for its lazy writing though :o

I will say, NWH made me like this MJ a lot more. Probably because she was given more to do this time around.

Why does Toby and Andrew get a pass than ?

Is it not also lazy writing to not explain the reason behind Toby liking MJ and Andrew liking Gwen by your logic ?

Far From Home started with Peter already having a crush on MJ.

Just like Spiderman 1 started with Toby having a crush on MJ.

And TASM 1 started with Andrew having a crush on Gwen.

It's the exact same thing.

There was no big long moment where Toby or Andrew realized they liked there respective love interest.

They already did before the events of the film.

Yeah because that's what the movie needed. More funny dialogue.

Lmao that was a typo on my end.

Anyone that knows me knows I meant to put “unnecessary”. lol …Damn a typo can change the entire meaning of a post real fast

Lmao that was a typo on my end.

Anyone that knows me knows I meant to put “unnecessary”. lol …Damn a typo can change the entire meaning of a post real fast

So you thought there was too much comedy then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"