No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer 2 Thread

On here?

I've only seen people say that they dislike MJ, nothing about Zendaya personally or her acting skills.

I was one of MJ's detractors.

I have to say I'm warming up to her character after re-watching the films. + The NWH trailer.

I will say that despite the trailer being overall messy, I think everyone can agree that this shot...

cffcbdc0968fdc5db41dadebf11d7677e35bb5e4.gifv

...is freaking gorgeous. I never expected to see something like this in an MCU Spider-Man movie. Tom Holland is gonna knock it out of the park in NWH, at the very least acting-wise.
Yeah, no effects needed for this unbelievable shot.

I will say that despite the trailer being overall messy, I think everyone can agree that this shot...

cffcbdc0968fdc5db41dadebf11d7677e35bb5e4.gifv

...is freaking gorgeous. I never expected to see something like this in an MCU Spider-Man movie. Tom Holland is gonna knock it out of the park in NWH, at the very least acting-wise.

God why can't we have more serious/heavy dramatic moments like this in these movies? Holland's Peter Parker/Spider-Man has went through some pretty traumatic stuff already and there's a reason why those sad moments in IW and EG are iconic for a reason and its because of his performance in those scenes.

He is way too strong of a dramatic actor to be wasted as much as he has been in these Spider-Man movies and with the stakes being higher than ever in NWH I hope we get plenty more scenes like the one above.

God why can't we have more serious/heavy dramatic moments like this in these movies? Holland's Peter Parker/Spider-Man has went through some pretty traumatic stuff already and there's a reason why those sad moments in IW and EG are iconic for a reason and its because of his performance in those scenes.

He is way too strong of a dramatic actor to be wasted as much as he has been in these Spider-Man movies and with the stakes being higher than ever in NWH I hope we get plenty more scenes like the one above.

It is hard to top the stakes of Thanos in Infinity War and Endgame

It is hard to top the stakes of Thanos in Infinity War and Endgame
Mmm no. Not everything has to be as big as the entire universe at stake. Personal stakes are just as powerful, if not more so. The drama comes from the character, not from how exponentially big the problems or the villains are.

Mmm no. Not everything has to be as big as the entire universe at stake. Personal stakes are just as powerful, if not more so. The drama comes from the character, not from how exponentially big the problems or the villains are.

Exactly these movies need more personal stakes because that's the kind of stuff that allows a character to develop and grow on their own and Holland's Peter Parker/Spider-Man desperately needs that IMO.

Judging by trailers, it looks like Peter is going to be put through the ringer -emotionally and physically- at least once and thats all i want. I wanna see Peter get knocked down and i mean REALLY knocked down so that when he makes his comeback (with his Spider-bretheren) in the third act, it feels earned.

Last edited:
It's a bit frustrating as I think Zendaya could have nailed it if they had given her a straight MJ from the beginning.

1000x this! Why they didn't just make her Mary Jane Watson, is beyond me. Zendaya would have killed it in that role!

I just watched the “hey everyone” Civil War trailer again and God, that trailer was just perfection. This next and final trailer needs to have that impact. If it ends with T&A swinging in at the very end with Tobey saying, “sorry we’re late” God it will break the f***ing internet and tickets will be sold out for days maybe weeks.

So we're really getting a final short trailer to announce tickets going on sale the 29th, like Endgame's? They're probably gonna go for the gusto and show them last minute if there's another big footage drop with tickets lol.

I suspect there's some kind of behind the scenes legal issues regarding a lot of the characters and elements that aren't touched on in MCU Spidey but lately I've been thinking...

MJ was actually in comics introduced while Peter was in college. And who was she then? The brash and vivacious ultimate party girl who was putting up a false front to hide her pain from her family life.

Well... How does that fit into Peter, realistically these days, being in some sort of specialized high school for gifted kids? Once the decision was made to go that route in comparison to Raimi's incongruous one step away from parody retro early sixties style high school from 2002 (Square that circle... You can't.) or Webb's "Peter is very smart but I will keep him in a regular high school to emphasize his working class every man bona dudes" take, that kinda made a more comic accurate MJ a lot less likely partly because this was MJ knowing Peter before the books have it but you have to finagle with the character then to fit her into Tom's Peter's modern day world of of Parker going to a school for gifted kids. Good time party girl drowning her sorrows with friends and fun? That is probably not a good fit.

Slowly... I kinda see how Zendaya's MJ clicks here.

That said... I'm a bit cold on the MCU-MJ and think the progress of the relationship as well as the WHYs of it are not Marvel creatives at their best.

I've often wondered at times if the reason why we haven't seen more of Spider-Man's supporting cast introduced in the MCU is because of some legal clause in Sony's agreement with Disney.

It's a bit frustrating as I think Zendaya could have nailed it if they had given her a straight MJ from the beginning.

Zendaya is more than capable enough to play a more comic accurate version of MJ. I think Marvel and Sony were trying to deviate from the typical love interest 'meet cute' stuff in Homecoming.

Zendaya is more than capable enough to play a more comic accurate version of MJ. I think Marvel and Sony were trying to deviate from the typical love interest 'meet cute' stuff in Homecoming.
Yep. Also I don’t mind them trying to deviate necessarily, just do it well if you’re going to do it. Whatever they were going for in HC with this relationship came off as very silly.

Judging by trailers, it looks like Peter is going to be put through the ringer -emotionally and physically- at least once and thats all i want. I wanna see Peter get knocked down and i mean REALLY knocked down so that when he makes his comeback (with his Spider-bretheren) in the third act, it feels earned.
Yeah, that needs to happen here and I think it will. That shot of him looking traumatised certainly suggests so. Feels like the stakes will be high enough to justify the appearance of his fellow Spideys.

Couple things.

1. @spiderman2, you definitely struck a nerve with your Batman comment. Run and hide, my friend!

2. The big surprise was obviously the great @CoyJandreau hosting the event! :o

The dark knight trilogy are some of my favorite movies. The batman Arkham games are some of my favorite video games but I am just not felling what has been show of the new batman movie. Photos of the batmobile, the suit look bad and so have the trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"