• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

Spidey swinging in the snow with Christmas lights and that super cool looking new homemade suit was perfect, I wish we'd get a whole movie set during the winter. Seriously, I was very torn on MCU Spidey with choices made in a lot of his previous appearances but this movie pretty much addressed every issue and he himself was really engaging this movie. Tom Holland's best and most rounded performance as Spidey for sure here, they finally gave him some real stuff to work with.

I kinda got some PS4 vibes with Aunt May and FEAST, her grave even says literally the same thing Aunt May's does in the PS4 game. Honestly hope they pull more inspiration from that game for the future movies.

The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am that they wasted Lizard in this. I only say that though because I think Peter working for Connors would be a good sort of continuation, especially since the Bugle is pretty much out of the question.

I have to admit, the second Tobey appeared, I wished he had been in it more. I could have taken a whole movie of him teaching the other Spider-Men. I really really loved the three of them in the lab, and Maguire mentions thinking about a cure for the Oz formula and pondering it for years.

Wait was the Oz formula mentioned in the first movie?

I'd love to see Holland's Parker teaming with Daredevil in the next film to take on Kingpin and Mr. Negative. Throw in Felicia Hardy as Black Cat and I think you've got a movie there. New supporting characters can be Hobie Brown as Peter's college friend at Empire State. Maybe throw in some of the newer faces from the Dan Slott / Horizon Labs era, and it'd be great to see an Ultimate-inspired Jean DeWolffe.

I'd love to see all of that. :up: That's the direction I hope they go in. There's so much great Spider-Man stuff out there to do.

Is it true a piece of the symbiote was left behind though?

Last edited:
I wonder what people who haven't seen the Raimi and Webb movies think about this? I have a feeling that they don't find it as good. The old characters appearing is one of the main reasons why I like this so much.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am that they wasted Lizard in this. I only say that though because I think Peter working for Connors would be a good sort of continuation, especially since the Bugle is pretty much out of the question.
Personally I think Lizard should've of been the most prominent of Andrew's villains rather than Electro, the connection between Garfield Spidey and Lizard is far more personal than it is with Electro.

It’s better than nothing. COVID + prior restrictions probably made this a pain in the a** to put together especially since it sounds like it was kinda last minute

I gotta watch it again, but my first impressions of this movie is that there was 50% of it that I loved, 50% that I hated. Very split in the middle.

I loved the interactions between the Spider-Men and their introductions, loved the interactions between the rogues gallery, loved seeing Matt Murdock (the audience went wild) and the scene with Peter being comforted by MJ and Ned and him watching May die actually made me teary. Also glad that Ned was given magical powers.

All that said, the rest of this movie was so contrived and you could tell where the rewrites were. Granted this is Spider-Man and Peter Parker is the proverbial punching bag who always rises above, but this movie was too much pain inflicted on him. Not only has he lost May after losing Tony and MCU Uncle Ben (who still doesn't get any shoutout), but now the guy lost out on his friends and anyone that cares for him because of the plot. It was all just too much for one movie.

Not even going to touch on the fact that Holland Spidey's judgment was just off the whole movie.

But that's just my two cents.

I gotta watch it again, but my first impressions of this movie is that there was 50% of it that I loved, 50% that I hated. Very split in the middle.

I loved the interactions between the Spider-Men and their introductions, loved the interactions between the rogues gallery, loved seeing Matt Murdock (the audience went wild) and the scene with Peter being comforted by MJ and Ned and him watching May die actually made me teary. Also glad that Ned was given magical powers.

All that said, the rest of this movie was so contrived and you could tell where the rewrites were. Granted this is Spider-Man and Peter Parker is the proverbial punching bag who always rises above, but this movie was too much pain inflicted on him. Not only has he lost May after losing Tony and MCU Uncle Ben (who still doesn't get any shoutout), but now the guy lost out on his friends and anyone that cares for him because of the plot. It was all just too much for one movie.

Not even going to touch on the fact that Holland Spidey's judgment was just off the whole movie.

But that's just my two cents.
Kind of similar feelings, the fan service was very well done, as an ASM fan it made me all kinds of happy to see not only see Garfield again, but to see him done justice as well as he was, but it's built on top of a pretty flimsy plot. Live action Spider-Verse was not nearly as smartly handled as its animated counterpart.

Last edited:
I thought maybe Maguire and Garfield would allude to villains/stories we didn’t see on screen too, like Maguire fighting his own Dr. Connors, etc. Could have been cool.

So what’re the implications for the “cured” villains & their universe? More specifically, the Raimi-verse. Because Goby and Doc Ock were pulled from their respective Act IIIs, right? But Tobey Maguire Spider-Man is from now/present day. Is his universe now drastically altered with a now-human Norman Osborn, and an in-control Doctor Octopus?

I have these very questions myself. In fact there's a lot they left hidden about Tobey's universe outside of being with MJ again. Andrew's universe oddly enough would be little affected by the cures, as Lizard is defeated the same way in the original timeline and lived. I suppose Max is alive now and he'd do little to affect the future.

I thought maybe Maguire and Garfield would allude to villains/stories we didn’t see on screen too, like Maguire fighting his own Dr. Connors, etc. Could have been cool.

So what’re the implications for the “cured” villains & their universe? More specifically, the Raimi-verse. Because Goby and Doc Ock were pulled from their respective Act IIIs, right? But Tobey Maguire Spider-Man is from now/present day. Is his universe now drastically altered with a now-human Norman Osborn, and an in-control Doctor Octopus?
I honestly don't see how Ock doesn't die anyways, Ock would still probably have to sacrifice himself to destroy his machine.

I really wanted Spider-Man 4 with Lizard so it was great to see Maguire Spidey fight him in this.

Yeah, it would have been nice to hear him mention Connors’ name too.

Ah I want Sony to release a still of the final swing, like a “Happy Holidays from your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man” type of deal.
I want it very badly. The prospect of not seeing this thing in high res glory until the next film (which Lord only knows when that'll be) infuriates me. And that assumes they don't do something stupid and change what is clearly perfection.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but one little detail I thought was really cool was that when Peter was put in his astral form. While Doctor Strange is trying to take the box from Spider-Man, Peter's astral form projected the spider-sense squiggles from the comics. Thought it was a fun little thing.

Something I really thought was going to happen but didn't end up happening was Mysterio being revealed to have survived the events of Far From Home and faked his own death to become the sixth villain in the pseudo "Sinister Six" that this movie almost had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"