• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

I gotta say, I think they handled the MCU Spidey's suit here a lot better than previous appearances. The ratio of CGI and real looking shots of the suit was much better and appropriate, there were a lot of times where I was looking at the suit and it looked real and I couldn't believe it.
I mentioned that a little while ago. Not just MCU suit but all three of their suits looked great

When Strange is closing the multiverses in the last scene, the 2nd time I saw a Scorpion. The first time the clear thing was the guy with a spear I want to say that was Kraven but not sure. That scene will need to be a paused one when it comes out for home.

I also think they set up the MCU Parker rage well when fighting Goblin. If they decide to do Venom that scene showed they can be compatible.

I definitely saw kraven, scorpion, Rhino and possibly black cat. I've seen others say morbius is there.

Last edited:
He lives in NYC. The average 17 year old cant afford a 1 bedroom apartment unless he's rich. We're talking rent over $2000/month. I dont see any part time job he may have done covering even a fraction of that. He may have been planning on going to MIT, but that wasnt an unreasonable goal considering student loans and financial aid exist and I bet thats how he expected to cover that
Stark basically agreed to fix the events of Endgame because of Peter too, it's not unrealistic here to consider that perhaps Stark left him with more than just those glasses from Far From Home to ensure he has a bright future. Although, I was disappointed Holland's Peter didn't get his own quirky landlord, at least not yet.
LeadingAliveBlackfootedferret-max-1mb.gif

Movie was such a terrific time back to theaters for me, the crowd was energetic and hyped af to see these multiverse happenings. Holland, by the end of the film, felt like he had a real chance of being his own Peter/Spider-Man moving forward in the same way Garfield & Maguire did. There are some story things that clearly don't make much sense if you think about them too much (the spell) but aside from that annoyance, it's easy to just enjoy the spectacle of this movie. It was so good, and I'm glad it came together in this way.

I just want to say, I'm so happy many of you enjoyed this movie and the experience of watching it in the cinema. In the midst of a pandemic and all the happenings of the last couple of years, it was wonderful to have this cathartic experience with all these comic-book/spidey fans in the theater. This movie was so much fun, a perfect movie for the holidays.
PeriodicSeveralIberianmole-max-1mb.gif

Seeing this a second time the pacing really is excellent in this movie. I felt like it never dragged despite there being many moments of downtime which is hard to pull off in a 2 and a half hour film these days.

Also, while the CGI, especially on the suits was great for the most part I don't think enough praise has been said about how great the incorporation of practical effects was in this as well.

I could tell John Watt's really wanted to go for that Raimi era feel with the set pieces in this and I love that. I believe that's why I love that Apartment sequence so much because its just so physical and visceral.

I even loved the little detail of seeing real cars blow up and fly around during that bridge attack with Doc Ock because it all felt like it had actual weight to it not being a bunch of crappy green screen.

Stark basically agreed to fix the events of Endgame because of Peter too, it's not unrealistic here to consider that perhaps Stark left him with more than just those glasses from Far From Home to ensure he has a bright future. Although, I was disappointed Holland's Peter didn't get his own quirky landlord, at least not yet.

Just imagine in SM4 Peter hears a portal opening behind him and then

REEEENNNTT

Yes, auto correct got me. He's the first figure when the multiverse rips. He standing with a spear, and his silhouette has the fur Maine around the shoulders.

Yeah I remember now. It was kinda difficult to make him out at first, the main silhouette I noticed was Rhino's.

I'm not sure if Scorpion was a spider slayer or not.

If Tony had left him a stash, then it would have come up in FFM. It’s unreasonable to me to say that’s the case now

Seeing this a second time the pacing really is excellent in this movie. I felt like it never dragged despite there being many moments of downtime which is hard to pull off in a 2 and a half hour film these days.

Also, while the CGI, especially on the suits was great for the most part I don't think enough praise has been said about how great the incorporation of practical effects was in this as well.

I could tell John Watt's really wanted to go for that Raimi era feel with the set pieces in this and I love that. I believe that's why I love that Apartment sequence so much because its just so physical and visceral.

I even loved the little detail of seeing real cars blow up and fly around during that bridge attack with Doc Ock because it all felt like it had actual weight to it not being a bunch of crappy green screen.

Yeah the CGI was better here than in the previous two films and in most other MCU films. The fight scenes were also markedly improved.

It was interesting seeing Normans sadness about Harry being gone. He also mentioned running home and someone else living there. I wonder if that scene was filmed because that would be an interesting scene.

I actually wonder what deleted scene are there for this?

I think it's equally confusing as forgetting who Peter is, but recalling working with Spider-man despite knowing who he was the whole time. Not knowing May was Spidey's aunt, but recalling their time together just seems an additional, but similar detail and since it's a spell I think the logic is meant to be a little loose.

In my view these details are just fuzzy in their heads, much like the villains memories of their own demise.
Yeah you can’t overthink it. They clearly wanted to do a soft reboot and that’s what it took to get there.

It was interesting seeing Normans sadness about Harry being gone. He also mentioned running home and someone else living there. I wonder if that scene was filmed because that would be an interesting scene.

I actually wonder what deleted scene are there for this?

I doubt it was filmed.

I personally feel like this is still a bit behind Endgame as a grand crossover, and a bit behind Into The Spiderverse as an overall experience… but not by much at all! It’s a great film, gets the payout you expect from the returning cast, and launches Holland’s Spidey into a new status quo that this particular series has earned faith on that they’ll do well. DeFoe is still the standout among the baddies, but honestly, as awesome as Molina is and was, I’ve always felt that.

My favorite sequence is probably the condo sequence and brawl between Goblin and Holland’s Spidey - considering that DeFoe’s Goblin made his mark as Maguire-Peter’s first enemy and a recurring presence in the rest of that trilogy, they managed to make him feel like Holland-Peter’s archenemy in about ten minutes with that bit; all the pure malice and misanthropy of that Goblin felt like it bounced off the more relatable version of Pete the MCU has just a bit better, and like how the Harry and Peter fight in Spider-Man 3 was arguably the most visceral action scene in that film, having it just be a nasty, mean brawl for this film was an excellent idea.

Then, of course, they had him kill May to solidify why he was the Big Bad of the film, which made sense as the Goblin personality is easily the most terrible and loathsome of the various villains.

The reunion between the Spider-Men was also great, though it also clarified for me why, even though I love Maguire’s films and feel he did a great job, he’s still my third favorite when Garfield and Holland are there. Maguire’s Peter has the same issue I have with Reeves’s Superman - the “lovable loser” aspect of his civilian identity has an intentional “cringe” factor that occasionally pops up and makes me feel like some of the humor is mean-spirited and holding that actor back from fully realizing a believable human being. Garfield and Holland’s Peters are still lovable losers, geeks, and dorks… but more believably so, and with an easier pathway towards making me feel their pain.

Anyone else feel like the public identity stuff could have been an entire movie before we got to the Dr. Strange / sinister 5 story?

I think there's so much interesting territory there, a game-changing status quo, and a potentially interesting exploration of themes of privacy/fame/online-image of young adults these days, whereas the film mostly just uses it as a springboard to get to the 'real' problem of the spell misfiring.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like the public identity stuff could have been an entire movie before we got to the Dr. Strange / sinister 5 story?

I think there's so much interesting territory there, a game-changing status quo, and a potentially interesting exploration of themes of privacy/fame/online-image of young adults these days, whereas the film mostly just uses it as a springboard to get to the 'real' problem of the spell misfiring.
they could have done a D+ show around that

Yes, agreed. Kind of a one off opportunity to really dive into the implications of a public young superhero trying to go through normal life at the same time as all the hero stuff.

*TIME IS THE BIGGEST ENEMY*

Earlier I said that I have a problem with this movie. That it lacked time to better (more deeply) develop so many characters, their stories, emotions and so on. To expand the storyline and add more detail. But after gathering my thoughts I realized I saw huge potential and focused on what this movie could have been and not what it was and I got lost in it. Do I still think that this movie needed more time to develop and that it was supposed to be split in two-parts to expand? Absolutely! But am I grateful for what we got? Yes! Yes I am! I just hope that in the future we will get a real sinister six film that will potentially be divided into two parts.

If you got to read this far, thank you, I had to take a heavy load off my back for the 2nd time by writing this.

If I have one nitpick its that I wish the musical cues for T&A were stronger when they entered the film and maybe during their action beats. I thought overall Giacchino's score for this movie was fantastic but it would added an extra layer of awesomeness if the older themes were a little more prevalent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"