No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

Its weird that they chose to do it with reused footage. But whatever i guess.

I can only assume they either only wanted to do a voice role or signed on too late? Definitely an odd choice either way

Its the sorta thing they do in low budget productions. Which spider-man isn't. So yeah. Surprising.

I had the biggest grin on my face seeing Andrew and Tobey again. Can't believe this film exists aha

I can only assume they either only wanted to do a voice role or signed on too late? Definitely an odd choice either way
Maybe Disney/Sony didn't want to pay them for full roles and de-aging actors with cgi might not be cheap.

I don’t understand story wise why Doc Ock was pulled from the Spider-Man 2 timeline while Tobey Parker was clearly much older. Shouldn’t he have been pulled from that same moment as well?

Should they have? I didn't know they all had to come from the exact same moment in time.

I was quite surprised by the self-reflection the villains had. I wasn't expecting this film to attempt to expand on them the way it did. Rather than be defeated they were mostly left reeling over what they had done. Norman Osborn being cured of the serum for example. Electro and Spider-man having a small heart to heart.

I was abit confused by the logic presented though. Sure they were all cured and got sent back. But presumbaly they either changed history in Tobey and Andrew universe. Or they got sent back to alternative universes.

Last edited:
It was more than likely scheduling problems + the pandemic. Ifans would've filmed just a scene anyways, and Church would've need to be on set for quite some time. Hence, the schedule problems. Voice acting can be done without even traveling.

Okay, so in the final battle with Strange casting the spell I could see Kraven and comic accurate Rhino. Anyone else got a glimpse of other villains?

Peter's apartment reminded me a lot of the one we saw in Raimi's films.

And I guess this movie finally confirms it. There is no uncle Ben in the MCU. And if there was, he was not that relevant to Peter's life. Maybe he even died before Peter started living with May.

Killing Aunt May is not something I'm loving. But I see the twist they wanted to go with.

Both Tony and May took the role of Ben. Tony taught Peter how to be Super. May taught him how to be a Hero.

The main reason is probably Sony wanted the actors on the set, but the pandemic screwed up their plans, and they had to tweak everything.

The Green Goblin was absolutely bat**** crazy in this. The part where Tom was punching him in the face and he was just laughing in his face was an oh crap moment for Tom's Spidey. At that point he knew, you don't mess with the Green Goblin.

The Green Goblin was absolutely bat**** crazy in this. The part where Tom was punching him in the face and he was just laughing in his face was an oh crap moment for Tom's Spidey. At that point he knew, you don't mess with the Green Goblin.

His fights with Tom were way more brutal than the ones he had with Tobey IMO

I don’t understand story wise why Doc Ock was pulled from the Spider-Man 2 timeline while Tobey Parker was clearly much older. Shouldn’t he have been pulled from that same moment as well?
They were all pulled from different moments as they died at different times, while Tobey was still alive.

I feel that Tobey, Andrew and Tom really gel together on screen. Not just because they played different iterations of Peter but the writing really sparkles for the most part.

It is THE selling point of the movie. Not just the fact there are THREE Spider-men and the plot makes it work, but the actors have a good rapport with each other. That alone will get fans back for return viewings in the theater.

I thought they were pulled out of their worlds before they died? Isn't that why Ock was asking Holland's Peter what did he do with his machine? Then at the end they were returned back to their own universe all cured.

Or am I completely misunderstanding this.

Wouldn't that erase the other movies? Does this mean Garfield can pull Gwen before she died? I have not seen the movie but I imagine there could be serious implications. In Dr Strange he messed with time and now he messed with multiple realities. Maybe it's just case of DOFP where it just splits or perhaps it's one of those things we really shouldn't give much thought

I thought they were pulled out of their worlds before they died? Isn't that why Ock was asking Holland's Peter what did he do with his machine? Then at the end they were returned back to their own universe all cured.

Or am I completely misunderstanding this.
I don't remember anyone in the film explaining how that works, but if Norman was cured and survived Spider-Man 1 ending, that means Harry never became the Goblin and he wouldn't be there to save Peter from Sandman and Venom, which doesn't sound good for Pete :dry:

I don't remember anyone in the film explaining how that works, but if Norman was cured and survived Spider-Man 1 ending, that means Harry never became the Goblin and he wouldn't be there to save Peter from Sandman and Venom, which doesn't sound good for Pete :dry:
Maybe the events of the sequels don't happen that way in the new timeline.

I had the biggest grin on my face seeing Andrew and Tobey again. Can't believe this film exists aha
Same here. I would have never expected to see the old characters come back before the leaks first happened. I didn't think I would see Tom Holland Spidey fighting Dafoe Green Goblin.

Oh yeah why is no one talking about the fact that Wong is now the Sorcerer Supreme and not Strange ??

Maybe the events of the sequels don't happen that way in the new timeline.
Perhaps, but that wouldn't mean that Strange's spell indeed create alternative timelines, instead on sending reformed villains back into the original ones.

It feels like he is finally Spiderman, but I despise how they got to this point with a trite memory wipe. Now he has to be reintroduced to everyone again. Has to develop a romance again, and develop friendships again. Has to meet the Avengers again. Future films will have to waste time on him dodging Ned and MJ only for them to inevitably have their lives become entangled again.

It feels like he is finally Spiderman, but I despise how they got to this point with a trite memory wipe. Now he has to be reintroduced to everyone again. Has to develop a romance again, and develop friendships again. Has to meet the Avengers again. Future films will have to waste time on him dodging Ned and MJ only for them to inevitably have their lives become entangled again.
I don't get this either as his previous time in the MCU is now basically an afterthought. I think we can tell where the lack of clarity about the future of the Sony/Marvel partnership influenced things and now we're left with an MCU Spider-Man who now has no real connection to the rest of the MCU. It's both a bit of a clean slate and a bit of a mess at the same time.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard from multiple people that this does NOT happen...
It's a subtle nod, not an EXACT replication. Sorry for misleading.

Last edited:
Liked the movie but i would have preferred if they gave more scenes to sandman and lizard instead of Ned (it was Ned overload in this movie for me).

BTW, how can ned open up portals so easily when Strange had to go through a whole lot of $hit to do that in the first Dr Strange movie ?

Well, when Ned uses the magic to "see Peter Parker", maybe it was in a different space/time, so it was an older Pete?

Loved the movie. I thought there were some really nice emotional beats and the way the 2 older Spidey's helped Tom process his grief was really sweet. The Great Power beat was fantastic and I'm glad they avoided that line for the previous 2 films, just so that it felt REALLY earned in this moment.

Also kinda loved how sensitive and sweet all the Spider-Men were to each other? They were all so wholesome, I thought I was going to DIE haha.

I think the only two things I was slightly disappointed with were:

• I was definitely expecting Mysterio to show up at the end, and give Peter a chance to redeem himself. I mean they had 5 villains already, it was SO close to the Sinister Six. And the whole moral was about redeeming the villains that died, and Beck was that for Holland's Spidey. It might have bloated the film, I know, but still expected it.
  • Kinda was hoping we'd see more of a permanent change to the MCU instead of Strange putting everything back to normal. Stuff like teasing Venom coming over etc felt kind of for nothing if it all goes back to normal? I still enjoyed it but sort of was looking forward to a more dramatic shift of the MCU.
But overall, loved it. Can't wait to see it again and so excited that we basically finish the movie with an adult, grown up Spidey. Living in NY, paying rent, needing a job, all of that. Very excited for where the character can go next. I kinda of get peoples frustration with the memory wipe but TBH it excites me. Let Spidey be Spidey for a little while, and spend time in NY. I want to see him forge new friendships with Daredevil, meet Black Cat. That excites me more and temporarily breaking ties with the other heroes is a great way to do that in the short term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"