Far From Home Spider-Man Sequel General Discussion and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its about time Kraven got his due, he's a great unused Spidey villain that could hold his own movie and prove to be a very formidable threat for Peter.

I think earlier this year Sony had talks of doing something with Kraven.

I remember hearing about that...aren't they trying to tie Mysterio up as well. Sony is trying to mop up most of the A and B list baddies...We might have to settle with Hydroman or Jack O' Lantern over villains like Sandman or the Goblins...heh wouldn't that be something?

If Hydro-Man is in a Spider-Man film before Mysterio, I riot :cmad:

^You know, I'm not really sure. I can see them refusing to use the big three...

Also, you KNOW they aren't doing a goblin storyline anytime soon after Sony did the Green Goblin twice... (classic middle aged insane man in a suit version, and a mutated version). I don't see them attempting a Hobgoblin storyline, as MCU's version of Ned would be TOO similar to Harry's storyline if they were to try.

Venom's out of the picture...because he's getting his own picture

That leaves Octavius...which I'm not sure if they want to touch him... If they wanted to they could easily tie him to Stark haha. If we are keeping the theme of having Tony spawning baddies for Peter to face we could have Otto be one of Tony's college peers from back in the day. However I don't see them using Ock.

I actually think they'll revisit Dr. Octopus before this trilogy is over my self. He's not in the conundrum you mentioned of having been overexposed in the previous franchise or in the process of getting his own film. And its been close to 15 years since S-M2 came out. I agree that the villain for the second film will most likely be one that hasn't been done yet, but I can't see them letting an iconic character like Doc Ock sit on the sidelines for too long.

Plus, he works perfectly as the villain to cap off the trilogy. Not to mention the possibility of doing the Sinister Six comes with him.

I remember hearing about that...aren't they trying to tie Mysterio up as well. Sony is trying to mop up most of the A and B list baddies...We might have to settle with Hydroman or Jack O' Lantern over villains like Sandman or the Goblins...heh wouldn't that be something?

Those movies are never going to be made and if they do they’ll bomb hard. Who wants to see movies about Spider-Man vilians?

I take it Holland signed a 6 film deal with the studio or will we see him demanding some big $$$$ for future sequels?

I take it Holland signed a 6 film deal with the studio or will we see him demanding some big $$$$ for future sequels?
Let's hope he doesn't get cocky. The whole point of going with a no name like they did is to lock him down for as many movies as possible. Holland is great, and he deserves fair compensation obviously, but I want to see Spider-Man pop up in a bunch of MCU films.

Let's hope he doesn't get cocky. The whole point of going with a no name like they did is to lock him down for as many movies as possible. Holland is great, and he deserves fair compensation obviously, but I want to see Spider-Man pop up in a bunch of MCU films.

I don't see him getting cocky, he is mostly known for Spider-Man. If he wasn't picked he would be Asa Butterfield getting those roles.

I see Holland being like Pratt, small name before the MCU role. He gets another franchise Holland has the Uncharted movie Pratt Jurassic Park. He will stick around for awhile.

I really, really hope they bring in Mysterio. With the current of the state of the art with effects, Mysterio could be incredible.

Appereantly, according to Omega Underground, filming will start on June 1st and it will last until September. Filming in Atlanta and Berlin, it seems.

Glad to hear Phase 4 is under way! Spider-man / Captain Marvel is a great way to kick off the next stage of movies.

Glad to hear Phase 4 is under way! Spider-man / Captain Marvel is a great way to kick off the next stage of movies.
Captain Marvel is still phase 3.

Spider-Man 2 and GOTG3 are the only phase 4 movies we know of. Dr. Strange is likely they just haven't officially announced the movies and won't because they would spoil parts of IWs and A4.

I'm all aboard for this. Homecoming was excellent.

Very interested to find out who the villain or villains will be.

I'm interested to see which MCU character will be tagging along with Peter for the sequel. I'm hoping for Cap or Hulk.

I think its about time Kraven got his due, he's a great unused Spidey villain that could hold his own movie and prove to be a very formidable threat for Peter.

Shartlo Copley or bust.

I'm interested to see which MCU character will be tagging along with Peter for the sequel. I'm hoping for Cap or Hulk.

My guess is still Doctor Strange.

So the film will be in Europe, huh. Well, Spidey did go to London in the comics.

The airport fight in Civil War took place in Berlin. So he's been before.

There's a longer video diary on the DVD of his adventures.

Those movies are never going to be made and if they do they’ll bomb hard. Who wants to see movies about Spider-Man vilians?

Can we PLEASE kill this complaint? "Who wants to see a movie about the Guardians of the Galaxy?" "Who wants to see a movie about Ant-man?" It's been made abundantly clear that the nature of the movie's subject DOES NOT matter. If you're going to question Sony's decisions (And yeah, some of them are pretty questionable) use legitimate arguments.

Anyway, as for the Europe stuff, it should be fun. I'm just worried that it means once again we get a movie without JJJ...

Can we PLEASE kill this complaint? "Who wants to see a movie about the Guardians of the Galaxy?" "Who wants to see a movie about Ant-man?" It's been made abundantly clear that the nature of the movie's subject DOES NOT matter. If you're going to question Sony's decisions (And yeah, some of them are pretty questionable) use legitimate arguments.

Anyway, as for the Europe stuff, it should be fun. I'm just worried that it means once again we get a movie without JJJ...

It's completely legitimate to look at Sony's terrible output and look at the movies they're proposing and ask who they are for.

You don't just take what the movie is into consideration, you take the who and the why as well and come to the conclusion that no one is really wanting Sony to make any villain spin-off movie.

Very simple concept to understand. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't "legitimate".

Ummmm cause of Sony’s record before? And guardians is a team and have comics dedicated to them. The villains work only with Spider-Man involved? Guardians was a huge gamble? Guardians was also part of the mcu? Sony had a bad track record. Ant man was made after 10 successful marvel films so naturally they could do whatever?

Sheesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"