Rebels Star Wars: Rebels - Part 1

Since it has been officially announced today I figure it would be appropriate to open this thread.

REBELS
NEW STAR WARS ANIMATED TELEVISION SERIES
BEGINS PRODUCTION FOR 2014 PREMIERE
ON DISNEY XD CHANNELS AROUND THE WORLD

--Special Event Telecast to First Air on Disney Channel --

Production has begun on Star Wars Rebels, an exciting, all-new animated television series based on one of the greatest entertainment franchises of all time. Scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

Leading the development of the series is a creative team of exceptional talent. Screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes, Mr. & Mrs. Smith) is an executive producer on Star Wars Rebels and will write the premiere episode. He is joined by Dave Filoni as executive producer, who served as supervising director of the ®Emmy nominated Star Wars: The Clone Wars since 2008. Executive producer Greg Weisman brings with him a wealth of animation experience with credits such as Young Justice, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles.

Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide, said, "The entire team at Lucasfilm has provided extraordinary creativity and innovation for over three decades, and we're thrilled to be bringing the expansive and imaginative world of Star Wars to Disney XD's viewers."

"I couldn't be more excited to explore new corners of the Star Wars universe,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president, Lucasfilm. “I think Star Wars Rebels will capture the look, feel and fun that both kids and their parents love about Star Wars."

The action-filled series is set between the events of Episode III and IV – an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point.

Star Wars Rebels will be produced by Lucasfilm Animation, featuring many of the key talents that made Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Fans attending Star Wars Celebration Europe (http://www.starwarscelebration.eu/) will be the first to get an exclusive look at the new series. Casting will be announced at a later date. More information about this developing project will be found on www.StarWars.com and on Facebook at facebook.com/starwarsrebels.

The show is number 1 on the network for the entire month of October world wide.

The show is number 1 on the network for the entire month of October world wide.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That voice sounds an awful lot like her! Oh please let it be her!

I was thinking that it could be a certain TCW character who's fate was left up in the air as well. I've brought it up in other places.

That voice sounds an awful lot like her! Oh please let it be her!

I read your post before listening to the audio and wondered if you meant
Ahsoka
or
Ventress.
After listening to the clip it's clearly the former. :D

Rebels Recon #7: Inside "Empire Day"

I saw the latest episode "Gathering Forces". It's very much the continuation of the story left off from "Empire Day". It was pretty good, but didn't quite reach the heights of some of the other A-tier (best of) episodes for me. It also sort of retreads old ground in more ways than one.

A-Tier -> Spark of Rebellion, Rise of the Old Masters, Breaking Ranks, Empire Day
B-Tier -> Droids In Distress, Out of Darkness, Gathering Forces
C-Tier -> Fighter Flight

So are we to assume these characters are dead before 1977? :o

I thought Gathering Forces was as good as Empire Day. Love whenever Kanan and the Inquisitor duel. Very much liked when Ezra [blackout]tapped into the dark side of the force to bring up the huge animal[/blackout]

So any idea on who Brent Spiner is voicing? Itd be awesome if it were Thrawn.

Thrawn is definitely one of those characters from Legends that deserves to cross into Canon material.

So I have watched the first five episodes, and I have really enjoyed it. But it wasn't until "Rise of the Old Masters" that I felt like the show really started to show its potential. Big fan of the episode, stupid Sith Inquisitor lightsaber aside.

Unlike The Clone Wars, where Ahsoka was a glaring problem for me, I enjoy hanging out with all the characters here pretty much equally.

Did you grow to like Ahsoka? I thought she was refreshing, a little annoying at first but I've seen way worse characters elsewhere. Honestly she's a better developed character than anyone in the actual PT. Rebels has gotten good. I didn't like Ezra at first but I'm warmed up to him. I just don't know how I feel about another Jedi survivor training a young Force kid so close to when Obi-Wan and Luke did it. Something bad has to happen here for it to work out right.

I never grew to like Ahsoka, though I found her to be less annoying as the series went on. She grew up a bit, though she always had the same unlikable attitude. Her having more delvelop then the PT characters in the PT films isn't really a bonus. The show was almost always better when Ahsoka was left at home or took a back seat. Anakin, Obi-Wan or Yoda took the lead.

Ezra is a good example of how you right a kid with attitude problems and not make them annoying jerk who is a weight on the show.

I have yet to watch Rebels, but i remember hating Ashoka at first, then as time went on she grew up to be one of my favorite characters.

I like Ahsoka because she felt kinda real in the "normal person" way Luke and the gang felt in the OT. She was good at Jedi stuff but also had realistic emotional responses to situations where the other Jedi would be all business. She will likely show up on Rebels so hopefully she will be even more developed and less annoying 15 years after TCW.

Ahsoka got off to a rough start but she quickly became the heart of the series -- coinciding with Ashley Eckstein's growth as a V.O. actor. Her arc at the end of Season 5 hit me right in the feels, and honestly, her story is pivotal to Anakin's turn to the dark side. His turn is completely believable thanks to Clone Wars. It's just too bad that Ahsoka's absent from the prequel trilogy.

Just saw the last episode. Too bad we have a little over a month break until the last 8 episodes. But great mid season finish. This two parter was a great one.

Ahsoka got off to a rough start but she quickly became the heart of the series -- coinciding with Ashley Eckstein's growth as a V.O. actor. Her arc at the end of Season 5 hit me right in the feels, and honestly, her story is pivotal to Anakin's turn to the dark side. His turn is completely believable thanks to Clone Wars. It's just too bad that Ahsoka's absent from the prequel trilogy.
Well said. I would like to think Revenge of the Sith starts off not to long after that whole ordeal thus Anakin being in such a fragile state of mind and that Ahsoka had unintentionally planted the seed of Anakin making his final move against the Jedi Order and the Republic who had all but taken the last straw he had causing him to "snap" if you will. A culmination of just a series of bad events and was tired of having the people he loved taken away from him.

If Ahsoka does return. That would be a good chance for a Darth Vader episode & she senses that its Anakin & she sees that he turned 2 the Dark Side

If Ahsoka does return. That would be a good chance for a Darth Vader episode & she senses that its Anakin & she sees that he turned 2 the Dark Side
And he kills her dead.

I actualy hope Ashoka doesn't die that easily, if anything, she could bite the dust during the time in-between New Hope and Empire, or even right before the time of Return of the Jedi, would be interesting to revisit the events in the original trilogy with a new perspective like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"