Rebels Rebels Season 2: An Open Discussion - Part 1

She does remind me of Blanchett's character from Kingdom of Crystal Skull.

Why not? It always seemed like Rebels cast is a make-up chair away from playing the roles live action. The guy that plays Thrawn could play him live action. Freddie Prinze Jr. could very well be Kanan.

I'm actually most excited about Wedge showing up, oddly. It's something I'd never even considered, unlike Thrawn.

EFWcHv2.jpg

:hmr:

When does this come out?

Spring, according to what I've seen on Twitter.

I've seen April 17th thrown around. Not sure if that's confirmed...

Zahn's done a good job keeping the novel under wraps. He was getting aggressively quizzed a lot about whether he was working for Lucasfilm anymore and he masterfully gave nothing away.

Oh yeah, I don't think they'd be cruel enough to announce something that far ahead of it's release.

*casts momentary disapproving glance at GRRM*

:o

I really shouldn't be surprised, but I've seen too much negativity about bringing back Thrawn by the fanbase.

I really shouldn't be surprised, but I've seen too much negativity about bringing back Thrawn by the fanbase.

I've seen nothing but glowing accolades from my SW friends and other fans. Who is complaining?

You can never please anybody, but whatever. Haven't most fans been basically begging for something like this to happen with Thrawn?

I mean there was a small but vocal contingent of fans who got ticked off about the EU essentially getting wiped out with Episode VII.

Even though by the time Episode VII became a reality, it was no longer practical to adapt EU books into films.

Caught up with Season Two.

Darth Maul is awesome. Really took me by surprise, and his voice acting was on-point.

But when did he get normal-looking legs? I stopped watching Clone Wars a while back and last I remember he had clawed robot legs.

Last edited:
Caught up with Season Two.

[blackout]Darth Maul is awesome. Really took me by surprise, and his voice acting was on-point.

But when did he get normal-looking legs? I stopped watching Clone Wars a while back and last I remember he had clawed robot legs.[/spoiler]
He got them during the TCW. When him and Savage came back in season 5, he had "normal" looking legs.

Putting Thrawn in this show opens up a whole new can of worms, lol.

Does anyone else think that the nu-Fulcrum sounds a lot like Agent Kallus with his voice modulated?

Does anyone else think that the nu-Fulcrum sounds a lot like Agent Kallus with his voice modulated?

I think you are onto something. I suspect that character could go forward to the next series. It makes sense given the episode where we see cracks in his facade.

He is onto what they are talking about on TFN. :woot:

Of course I am. I'm the one who brought it up there as well, surprise. :)

And unless they were really, really, really trying to save the budget on character models, it looks like Sabine is going to infiltrate the Naval Academy to meet Wedge.

I've seen nothing but glowing accolades from my SW friends and other fans. Who is complaining?

A bunch of EU fanatics that whined about Disney throwing away the EU, then whine about EU characters and elements being picked up.

You can't please everyone, and the EU fan(atic)s would be complaining no matter what they did. We're not only getting Thrawn back in canon, but we're also getting him on screen for the first time, played by an amazing actor, AND a brand new novel from Timothy Zahn. Screw the vocal minority, this is a time to be celebrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"