The Bad Batch Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Animated Series Coming to Disney+ in 2021

Pretty much back to how it was pre Disney. Books and comics will always be subserviant to movies and shows.
I never really stopped seeing it that way, they are, fair or not, viewed as fair game for being retconned and are only canon until something contradicts them.

And what did you think Vile?

I'd say average 7.0 out of 10. I see it as Clone Wars Season 8. That will likely make it very exciting for some.

There's good world-building, but I'm personally not a fan of Omega or her subplot. The Bad Batch are OK as characters to build a show around.

Some of the dialogue is kind of flat. Characters routinely talking about or stating the obvious.

What is good is that we see Order 66 from another perspective, and we get to return to places that were never revisited after Clone Wars or the prequels.

Thanks for your opinion, Vile. :up:

As a big Clone Wars person, I think I will definitely enjoy this, which is I guess all I can personally ask for.

Pretty much back to how it was pre Disney. Books and comics will always be subserviant to movies and shows.

I don’t know if it’s quite the same.

Back then it was “pretend the EU doesn’t exist” whereas now they’re doing scenes like the Caleb one and the Cobb Vanth thing that at least pay lip service to the broad strokes of books and comics events whilst changing the specific details.

On the canon thing. As I said last night, I am definitely cool with this. The only real "issue" is Disney/LF made a big deal about all "canon material" including the comics and books, would be 100% canon. So basically, they kind of set themselves up for the backlash from the hardcores without chill. :hehe:

I agree with Roose, and his take on it this time. When adapting things, they will be similar in the broader sense. I just really hope we don't start messing with Rebels and stuff like that. Something like changing Maul's death would actually bother me.

Last edited:
I mean, I was bummed that the Ahsoka novel didn't exactly line up with Season 7. But that was fine.
The Ahsoka book at least was less of a contradiction than even some of the movies are of each other, really just some brief flashbacks that were retconned, nothing that impacted the actual story, so I'll still count it as canon. I do hope this isn't Caleb/Kanan's last appearance, if they're gonna retcon that story I hope they replace it with something more than just a cameo, perhaps Tarkin sends Crosshair to hunt him down?

The trick with brining Caleb/Kanan back in Bad Batch is that he's supposed to be distrustful of clones even into Rebels.

I think we'll see Caleb again...just not in Bad Batch

Last edited by a moderator:
The trick with brining Caleb/Kanan back in Bad Batch is that he's supposed to be distrustful of clones even into Rebels.

I think we'll see Caleb again...just not in Bad Batch
In Rebels he also says he knows about the chips being the reason for the Clones actions, the most likely way for him to hear that information is from a Clone imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, no spoilers in here. Especially not only a few days after an episode. There is a spoiler thread so it won't be a problem. :D

I didn't realise this had already started. I'll catch up before I dive too deep into the threads.

What day do new episodes release?

Some art work for the nine-nine found online, some really good stuff here:

j54uc4b59wj41.jpg

829f2e1afd5d4bdc2cca5c7c7db7a02b.jpg

the-bad-batch-dopeyart-design.jpg
pixels.com
2a1cc3a1ba8366efc4e1fdbab7384e00647e8109.jpg

Some art work for the nine-nine found online, some really good stuff here:

j54uc4b59wj41.jpg

829f2e1afd5d4bdc2cca5c7c7db7a02b.jpg

the-bad-batch-dopeyart-design.jpg
pixels.com
2a1cc3a1ba8366efc4e1fdbab7384e00647e8109.jpg
The art in both of your posts above is great. I don’t know much about animation but I would love for animated films/series to be possible with art of that standard.

I wonder if Hera, Zeb, and Ahsoka will make appearances at some point.

Wrecker and Zeb could be a funny combo.

The art in both of your posts above is great. I don’t know much about animation but I would love for animated films/series to be possible with art of that standard.

Yeah the Marvel "What If" trailer look like some animation of high quality I really like, almost cell shaded style, be great if we could get some Star Wars animated series in that style.

Bad Batch makes sense that its in this style though as a continuation of Clone Wars.

Yeah the Marvel "What If" trailer look like some animation of high quality I really like, almost cell shaded style, be great if we could get some Star Wars animated series in that style.

Bad Batch makes sense that its in this style though as a continuation of Clone Wars.
Oh I think I must have missed that. Will check out. Yeah good potential for the future. People have said there are reasons why top quality animation on many projects isn’t being used but it’s a real shame when we can see what could be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"