Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

Superman will deal with Lt. Mitch Anderson, his power problems, and possibly taking Jordan as a sidekick, along with his villain. But I think think Lois will get a little more focus in this season than him.

The 2nd season will likely belong to Lois more because she's dealing with the arrival of her sister Lucy, the Lane family dynamic, her partnership with Christie at the Smallville newspaper, dealing with Natalie Irons, and her own villain.

People getting my hopes up on this HBO Max thing.

Pretty exciting that this is actually looking like a strong possibility now. I wonder if it could get some production upgrades if HBO takes the show in, shorter seasons would also be great.

The possibilities for this show are endless if it ends up moving to MAX (and I think it will with all this talk of the CW being sold off)

Pretty exciting that this is actually looking like a strong possibility now. I wonder if it could get some production upgrades if HBO takes the show in, shorter seasons would also be great.

How much shorter would you expect? S&L only does 13 episodes already lol

How much shorter would you expect? S&L only does 13 episodes already lol
Might've been more accurate to say that hopefully seasons remain short, I'd have hated to see them have to stretch themselves across 23 episodes like the other shows. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to ten episode seasons.

Ok I'm gonna throw out my random theories now in case one of 'em sticks:

Theory #1: They said they'd be making an effort to do something different with the villain from the story we know, so I think maybe Doomsday will also have shades of Subjekt 17, being an alien who's been experimented on for years by the humans, and with his telepathic and sonic abilities, which might be what's affecting Clark now. They already gave a nod to this character last season, calling the resurrected Kryptonians "Subjekts," so someone in the writers' room must be a fan of Busiek's run that he was heavily featured in, imo.

Theory #2: If we do get some variation of "Reign of the Supermen," I think maybe instead of bringing in David Harewood's Hank Henshaw, they'll have Mitch Anderson become their Cyborg Superman.

According to the Gossip Girl creator, HBO does not like their shows to look cheap and will give them the extra money they need to make it not look so
Same budget less episodes say 8-13 would help too.

I almost forgot about Subjekt 17, whom I can see makes the most sense than Doomsday.

According to the show's Producer, we will see Diggle make another appearance later this season.

Anyone know if they are having the extended episode cuts in Season 2 and are they available anywhere?

I almost forgot about Subjekt 17, whom I can see makes the most sense than Doomsday.

It depends on the purpose of the character. If it is just to show up and hand the new US Supersoldiers their asses, then fine. Pretty much any Superman villain works fine for that purpose. But if you need a character to kill Superman, you use Doomsday.

Which, given the cast we have, I am entirely down for seeing a Death of Superman story playout.

The umpteenth adaptation of Death of Superman, and I’m just sitting here waiting patiently to see Livewire, Mr Mxyztplk, Toyman and some New Gods…

1B3F1908-9197-4305-9808-A2CE031914C0.gif

The umpteenth adaptation of Death of Superman, and I’m just sitting here waiting patiently to see Livewire, Mr Mxyztplk, Toyman and some New Gods…

View attachment 52457
As someone who loved the STAS Toyman and wants to see him in live-action, I know some who don't like the character. :ninja:

1531976600284.gif

I'm still waiting for Tyler's Superman to finally interact with Jon's Lex and a comic accurate version of Brainiac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"