Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

Since Superman and Lois and Gotham Knights' season finales will air next month, I think CW will wait for them to finish their run so they can see which shows to renew and/ or cancel.
We'll know by the end of the week or next week the latest. The upfronts where they present the falls schedule are schedules for next week so be prepared for a mass cancellations

We'll know by the end of the week or next week the latest. The upfronts where they present the falls schedule are schedules for next week so be prepared for a mass cancellations

I know. If Superman and Lois can have one more season in the midst this, I can accept.

Last night's episode drew 560K.

Deadline

Remaining in limbo are Superman & Lois and All American: Homecoming, which are believed to have the best chance (however small it may be), followed by Gotham Knights.

Variety

The shows “All American: Homecoming,” “Superman & Lois,” and “Gotham Knights” are still awaiting word on their fates, though none are expected to continue at this time.

They may as well cancel it and send it to MAX for one more season.

I still think CW will give it a final season, but WB will have to significantly lower the cost per episode.

EDIT:

Yeah... bring the price down and Superman & Lois will be back for season 4 in 2024.

Sources tell THR the network will likely opt to bring only one of the two DC shows back. Superman & Lois has the bigger audience — it’s averaging 1.2 million viewers over seven days to about 675,000 for Gotham Knightsbut is also considerably pricier. Gotham Knights is the least expensive DC series The CW has ever aired, sources say.

Last edited:
MAX ain’t picking it up. If it’s canceled by CW, it’s done.

tom-cruise-no.gif

I still think CW will give it a final season, but WB will have to significantly lower the cost per episode.

EDIT:

Yeah... bring the price down and Superman & Lois will be back for season 4 in 2024.

If the only way to bring the show back is by cutting the budget, I would prefer that they cancel it instead.

EDIT:

This scenario during a writer’s strike is the worst timing, unfortunately.

Not me. A shortened final season would do the trick just fine, imo.

Would you still be okay with a shortened season if the show's production value (e g., cinematography, sets, visuals) were downgraded to that of the Flash's?

Would you still be okay with a shortened season if the show's production value (e g., cinematography, sets, visuals) were downgraded to that of the Flash's?
Shorter season with same production values = Lower budget. Your scenario is not necessary, and regardless, the show would NEVER look like The Flash, because they have an entirely different Show Bible. Different cinematography techniques, production design, etc. The show's different look is NOT because of the budget, and never was. They'd just have fewer "spectacle" scenes. Which I think this season has already proven they don't need so many of those anyway.

Shorter season with same production values = Lower budget. Your scenario is not necessary, and regardless, the show would NEVER look like The Flash, because they have an entirely different Show Bible. Different cinematography techniques, production design, etc. The show's different look is NOT because of the budget, and never was. They'd just have fewer "spectacle" scenes. Which I think this season has already proven they don't need so many of those anyway.

All of this.

Then again I like the Flash.

The non-Superman stuff is the main strength of this show so I don’t mind a budget cut in this case or a shortened season or both. I just want a definitive ending whether it be the end of season 3 and they covered themselves well just in case or season 4. Obviously would take the season 4 option just to get more but I’d settle for a good ending wherever it comes.

Tyler Hoechlin will be the main celebrity guest at this year's Superman Festival - Celebrity Guests

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"