• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

I'll just chime in again to say that while Kyle is not one of the characters I tune in to watch, I think that in real life I'd consider him a decent and respectable person.

If any character deserves to have his death on the show cheered, it would be someone like the genocidal Tal-Rho, but he has the charm and charisma that Kyle lacks, and apparently that makes all the difference.

This purge eliminates several characters I wasn’t particularly interested in — and whose purpose in the overall narrative was, IMO, dubious. (Now if only the boys could be sent off to boarding school or some such. :o) But inasmuch as this supporting cast exists, I’m kinda curious how you get rid of a fairly large group all at once. I suppose if the Kents move back to Metropolis, that would provide a tidy explanation. I.e., you don’t need to kill off anyone or invent other pretexts. The old gang, as it were, is still doing their thing (off screen) back in Smallville.

It's one thing to reduce the cast. However, we have yet to see on how the reduced budget will affect the show's production value.

Frankly, I don't know why the CW chose to renew S&L given how they emphasized that it wasn't making any money for them. It's a real shame that MAX didn't pick up this show instead.

I have no problem with cutting out anyone outside the Kent family and making Lex a series regular. It was getting extraneous. 12 is way too large. It’s usually between 7-9 series regulars.

I will bet you those who wrote for the Lang/ Cushing family will likely not return for the 4th season.

Lex hasn't made his official debut yet and he's already gutted most of the series regulars from this show. :o
And he did it all off screen, more of a genius than we could ever comprehend! :D

Then people would start having sympathies with Lex lol.
The most interesting versions of Lex are when he has sympathetic qualities, such as in the Red Son and Injustice comics. I’m hopeful that the title of episode 3x12 refers to more than Lex’s imprisonment.

The most interesting versions of Lex are when he has sympathetic qualities, such as in the Red Son and Injustice comics. I’m hopeful that the title of episode 3x12 refers to more than Lex’s imprisonment.
Right, but taking care of Kyle would make him an irredeemably good guy, far better than anything Clark/Superman could ever do. :cwink:

I disagree. Lex should never be sympathetic he is a sociopath.

I disagree. Lex should never be sympathetic he is a sociopath.
I disagree. Most people are neither wholly good or wholly bad. With Breaking Bad, Walt was both and therefore more REAL. The anti-hero. I prefer that than someone senselessly evil for no given reason.

I don't mind that with some characters but Lex isn't one of them. He and Joker aren't antiheroes they are just out and out evil. (In different ways) The moment you make them sympathetic the less of a villain they become.

Adding lightness to Lex is akin to adding darkness to Clark.

I don't mind that with some characters but Lex isn't one of them. He and Joker aren't antiheroes they are just out and out evil. (In different ways) The moment you make them sympathetic the less of a villain they become.

Adding lightness to Lex is akin to adding darkness to Clark.
Lol, I don't mind a darker Clark, :)

I would like to see Supergirl based on Lara Lane-Kent from Injustice added to the show's fourth season.

I totally don’t see Lex as all out evil in most characterizations. He’s usually more portrayed as having a moral compass that is broken by his own ego.

There’s only really one version of an unredeemably evil Lex that really gives me nightmares:

upload_2023-6-19_13-43-53.jpeg

The "trimmed the fat" by removing every main cast member of color? Sure.
Seriously???? Dude, I meant that the show is better off focusing on Clark and Lois as opposed to the Cushings. Don’t accuse me of something that I didn’t say.

Screw this. I’m out.

I totally don’t see Lex as all out evil in most characterizations. He’s usually more portrayed as having a moral compass that is broken by his own ego.

There’s only really one version of an unredeemably evil Lex that really gives me nightmares:

View attachment 65932

085f1be0-fd77-488d-b77c-acb5bb49bfde_text.gif

:o:o

Seriously???? Dude, I meant that the show is better off focusing on Clark and Lois as opposed to the Cushings. Don’t accuse me of something that I didn’t say.

Screw this. I’m out.
I didn't accuse you of anything. But did consider that before you quoted me? That almost every actor of color on the main cast just got cut? Because that is what happened. Lana, John Henry, their families, and Crissy. All gone. No consideration is given to this. None. Just snide remarks about it like, "trim the fat" so they can "focus on Clark and Lois". As if that hasn't been what they've done since day one.

These are 40 min family dramas about the Kents. They interact with other families who get small doses of character work to make them more then 2D. Lana, Sarah, John Henry, Nate, Chrissy, and even crappy Kyle, spent most of their time with the Kents or informing us on the Kents. Their inter family drama setup scenarios and storylines for the Kents. Sarah spends the vast majority of her time with the boys. She is/was the only LGBTQIA+ representation.

They literally gutted the cast. More cut from main cast then remain, whether people like them or not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"