Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

I had forgotten how long commercials can be. Well, at lease this show shouldn't have to worry about its pilot feeling rushed. I know that can be a issue for other shows when they only have like 40 minutes to establish their new characters.

I had forgotten how long commercials can be. Well, at lease this show shouldn't have to worry about its pilot feeling rushed. I know that can be a issue for other shows when they only have like 40 minutes to establish their new characters.

So 17 minutes of commercials and 43 minutes of actual episode? Then followed or preceded by a commercial-filled special?

No it’s a 2 hour event, a 60 min pilot, 30 min documentary and 30 mins of ads spread across the episode and the special

No it’s a 2 hour event, a 60 min pilot, 30 min documentary and 30 mins of ads spread across the episode and the special

I thought in the post above it says 90 minutes though which is 1 and a half hours not 2. And if it says "with ads" that would mean including ads, so less than 90 minutes in actual running time.

I thought in the post above it says 90 minutes though which is 1 and a half hours not 2. And if it says "with ads" that would mean including ads, so less than 90 minutes in actual running time.

The premiere event is 2 hours, which includes the S&L pilot and a 30 min Legacy or Hope special. So the pilot is gonna be around an hour which is longer than usual.

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up...

If I remember correctly, the leaked pilot teleplay ran a little long — 60-70 pages. And folks were figuring that a few things would have to be cut out to accommodate a 1-hour slot. Rough rule-of-thumb: 1 page of script = 1 minute of screen time. So subtracting for commercials, the script would need to be trimmed to about 42 pages. But a 90-minute slot (including commercials) could handle the original teleplay.

:cwink:

It’s in the trades now

‘Superman & Lois’ Sets Expanded Series Premiere & Special; ‘The Flash’ Season Debut Pushed

It will be all Superman & Lois on The CW on Tuesday night, February 23. The CW will be devoting the entire night to the present-day drama series, with an expanded 90-minute series premiere beginning at 8 PM ET/PT followed by a half-hour special, Superman & Lois: Legacy of Hope at 9:30 PM ET/PT. To accommodate the additional programming, The Flash season premiere will move one week later, airing Tuesday, March 2 at 9 PM ET/PT. The Flash was originally scheduled to premiere on Tuesday, February 23 at 8 PM ET/PT followed by the series premiere of Superman & Lois at 9 PM ET/PT.

The special, Superman & Lois: Legacy of Hope,will feature sneak peeks and interviews with cast of the new series, as well as special guests discussing the legacy of the Man of Steel.

Superman & Lois
hails from The Flash executive producer Todd Helbing, DC Universe architect Greg Berlanti and Warner Bros. TV. Written by Helbing, based on the DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Superman & Lois revolves around the world’s most famous Super Hero, The Man of Steel aka Clark Kent, played by Tyler Hoechlin, and comic books’ most famous journalist, Lois Lane, played by Elizabeth Tulloch, as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

Well, damn. I'm sold now. Plus, I get a serious Man of Steel vibe between the score and color palette. I wasn't completely interested in this show at first, even though I'd check it out anyway, but this teaser was pretty damn good.

Damnit. I was ready to leave all the CW shows behind but that trailer just pulled me back in. Okay, I’ll give it a shot...

Same here! I saw a story about it in CBM and was like, “Eh, let’s see how this looks.” And now I’m really intrigued. Seeing Clark and Lois as parents is a new angle we haven’t seen before, though I’m surprised his kids are as old as they are. Still, battling moody teenagers might be the Man of Steel’s greatest challenge yet!

Hoechlin looks so much more like Superman now that they finally gave him a better costume. Can’t believe it took this long but whatever. Definitely checking this out.

This looks good! Looks like a movie.

But...i’m just...too haded on the CE shows. They always start off great and then dip. I dont wanna damn this show because of that but look at the history of the other series.

Is this is gonna be 22 episodes like the others?

Well, damn. I'm sold now. Plus, I get a serious Man of Steel vibe between the score and color palette. I wasn't completely interested in this show at first, even though I'd check it out anyway, but this teaser was pretty damn good.

I got that as well . I was weary about saying it given that MOS seems to trigger to alot Superman of fans, but the look was quite a bit Snyderish to me, and not the bright cheery look of Supergirl and Flash.

It looks good to me too.

When I watch trailers nowadays, I don’t very often get chills.

But this...****ing goosebumps. The aspect ratio. Cinematic, indie-style tone and color grading! What a difference a bigger budget, better cinematography/color grading can make! Can we get more CW shows up to this level of visual quality, please?

Granted, the writing could go either way, but if they can at least keep this up, I’ll be more inclined to stick around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"