Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

I also have fears of this turning into a "traditional CW DC show". I really dont hope this takes such a dip in quality as The Flash and Arrow took.

I am also fine with them keeping references/characters from the Arrow-verse away from this. Ok, they had a Diggle extended cameo, fine, but even if I like the actor, it already gave flashbacks about morons in leather standing on the same wet rooftop in Vancouver.
Really hope they continue the quality of it, but juding by past shows, maybe seasons 2 and 3 will be fine, and the rest... :cry:

Ok so they just announced that Smallville: The Complete Series on Blu Ray FINALLY for the 20th anniversary ( which I called they were gonna do in the Smallville forum btw lol) on October 19.

I also just found out that’s when Superman and Lois season 1 also comes out on Blu Ray. So yeah my wallet is going to be mad at me for a minute.

Julia Jones as Real Lara El
48f06d1985414394659a1a2a89a95116.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...nd-lois-needs-to-flee-the-cw-for-hbo-max/amp/

This would be awesome if happened. I love this show and I feel like the CW aspects are holding it back.

I agree. My big fear with this show, other than it getting prematurely cancelled, is that it devolves into another stock CW Arrowverse show that gets run into the ground for 8, 9+ seasons. Frankly, this show is better than that, and it deserves a platform like HBO Max where it can spread its creative (and budgetary) wings in less formulaic 15 to 20 episode seasons.

The only thing I want from the second season is to retain the great writing and cinematic quality of the first season.

Really hope they continue the quality of it, but juding by past shows, maybe seasons 2 and 3 will be fine, and the rest... :cry:
We got one great season that managed to tell a fairly contained story, that's all that I dared to hope for from this show, hopefully they can keep it up but if they can't I'll still be happy we got what we did.

booooo

If we cant have an actual crossover (even though we could have a 2 show crossover...) at least give us a fancy promo like we got in the past.

Teenagers ARE emo. Theyre rebellious, theyre hard headed, and theyre a pain in the butt as im sure every parent on planet earth whose raised one could attest to. Clark’s kids however demonstrate a maturity to them which i like to believe comes from their father. Yes they lash out sometimes but they seem to have a good head on their shoulder which prevents me from becoming detached from them. Unlike many other shows where the teen characters are just insufferable and youre like “ugh just GO AWAY and let the adults talk!”

Theres one episode where Jonathan drunkenly ruins a romantic moment between Jordan and Sarah. Immediately after he realizes what he’d done, he apologized to his younger brother and his younger brother responds by accepting his apology, hugging him and says “come on lets get you some water to sober up” (paraphrasing). Thats what i mean by maturity because that scene couldve and wouldve been played out very differently in many other shows.

Yep, I think what works is that the teens in this show are balanced. The outbursts and emo stuff comes from situations or relationships or emotions that seem believable. The badly written teen shows just have characters act overly emotional just for dramatic soap opera reasons without bothering to showcase a reason why they would really act that way.

Jordan's insecurities were shown from the first episode so that when he makes emotional outbursts from those insecurities it is understandable given his character.

Was this show always a CW show or meant for DC Direct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"