Justice League Superman's Resurrection/Return prediction

kalhawj

Sidekick
Reaction score
Here's what I would like to see for Superman's return. I want his return to be epic and a show stopper. The color pallet has to be light and happy mood. No more dull muted and grainy for Superman (he has overcome that conflicted part of his life). His blue and red should shine, almost glowing in the sun’s ray. He must absolutely be the one to save the day doing amazing Superman things showcasing his amazing power and strength. He needs to direct the team and show he's going to be the leader. We need a scene where he tells a league member to focus on protecting and saving people, while he put the hurting on the villain. After he help the league defeat Darkseid’s minions and save the world for the third time, I want a scene with Superman smiling and hovering over the city as they look up to the sky and cheer a him for still being alive. This to me would make for an epic return. This would lead him to his next solo film.

Last edited:
I think that would be a smart way to turn the direction they have chosen to go with for this new Superman. Dark and grounded in reality was a nice idea at first due to C. Nolan and his DKT but i think the everyday movie goer doesn't want that. They want funny, bright and light = Marvel. If that means more stability and more movies for the DC universe then i think they need to start making those changes now.

Sadly, I dont think that will happen. I think Snyder wants to go with the Injustice storyline and i think that JL pt 1 is Superman returning as an evil ruler type bad guy and the story will be Bruce uniting the rest of the league and coming together to bring back the real Superman. I really do feel the dream sequence wasnt a vision of what could happen but instead a glimpse at where the first JL movie is going.

If they would have just not shown the dirt levitating at the end, they could have saved Supermans return for JL pt 2 where Darseid arrives and whoops *** only to have Superman return in the final moments to complete the league and basically do what you stated. Why else give us that quick glimpse if to not return sooner rather than later?

If they do the Injustice storyline I'm done. I like it as a fighting game. But I haven't picked those books up nor do I plan to.

Injustice Superman is worse than Flashpoint Superman.

I think that would be a smart way to turn the direction they have chosen to go with for this new Superman. Dark and grounded in reality was a nice idea at first due to C. Nolan and his DKT but i think the everyday movie goer doesn't want that. They want funny, bright and light = Marvel. If that means more stability and more movies for the DC universe then i think they need to start making those changes now.

Sadly, I dont think that will happen. I think Snyder wants to go with the Injustice storyline and i think that JL pt 1 is Superman returning as an evil ruler type bad guy and the story will be Bruce uniting the rest of the league and coming together to bring back the real Superman. I really do feel the dream sequence wasnt a vision of what could happen but instead a glimpse at where the first JL movie is going.

If they would have just not shown the dirt levitating at the end, they could have saved Supermans return for JL pt 2 where Darseid arrives and whoops *** only to have Superman return in the final moments to complete the league and basically do what you stated. Why else give us that quick glimpse if to not return sooner rather than later?

If they go the Injustice story line they will once again be in the same boat as Batman v Superman with a divided audience. you cannot do the first JL movie using Superman as the bad guy. The movie would be an even darker movie. GA will hate the movie even more. The first JL movie has to be an epic fun assemble movie with Superman's return as icing on the cake.

He is gonna be resurrected in the same way Doomsday was created...or kind of..

How are they going to explain that Clark is really alive....the newspaper should have read "Reporter Goes Missing in Battle with Alien" or something. That way he can come back. The funeral for him kind of shuts the door on it

Yeah. It's easy to bring Superman back. But they made bringing Clark back harder.

Yeah. It's easy to bring Superman back. But they made bringing Clark back harder.

Not really, just use the mistaken identity and amnesia excuse. Did the newspaper ever say if they found his body or not? I'm guessing Lois gave a BS report saying that she saw him die in an explosion or something. Everyone in Smallville knows that he's Superman and haven't said anything yet so he could still come back.

One thing I wondered, and this is just Snyder not filming a poignant moment, is why they didn't show Clark's face. Just his hands.

Given the dirt levitating at the end we know its Superman/Clark in the coffin but that was a missed opportunity. To have Lois kiss Clark at the end.

I would like to have a modern take of Superman saving and interacting with people like this scene from Superman The Movie. This will bring cheers, hope, and smile to people watching Superman if a new modern take of scene similar to this.

[YT]HN7OBEd5hRM[/YT]

Here's what I would like to see for Superman's return. I want his return to be epic and a show stopper. The color pallet has to be light and happy mood. No more dull muted and grainy for Superman (he has overcome that conflicted part of his life). His blue and red should shine, almost glowing in the sun’s ray. He must absolutely be the one to save the day doing amazing Superman things showcasing his amazing power and strength. He needs to direct the team and show he's going to be the leader. We need a scene where he tells a league member to focus on protecting and saving people, while he put the hurting on the villain. After he help the league defeat Darkseid’s minions and save the world for the third time, I want a scene with Superman smiling and hovering over the city as they look up to the sky and cheer a him for still being alive. This to me would make for an epic return. This would lead him to his next solo film.
After seeing some still photos and behind the scene photos/footages I really really wonder WHOSE genius idea was that to mute the colour palette to the point where Superman suit look grey. The current suit look PERFECT in natural light. It's blue and red are majestically bright and shining and it does glow under the sunlight. I want to see the real colour of his suit at least when he returns. Keep the dark characters dark but get the character with hope symbol on his chest away the shade please.

If they do the Injustice storyline I'm done. I like it as a fighting game. But I haven't picked those books up nor do I plan to.

Injustice Superman is worse than Flashpoint Superman.
This. No evil Superman. Just no.
I would like to have a modern take of Superman saving and interacting with people like this scene from Superman The Movie. This will bring cheers, hope, and smile to people watching Superman if a new modern take of scene similar to this.

[YT]HN7OBEd5hRM[/YT]
Wow... Williams theme still sounds so good. Though I still prefer Zimmer's for the sweeping melody and epicness.

I agree that scene is very fun to watch.

Not really, just use the mistaken identity and amnesia excuse. Did the newspaper ever say if they found his body or not? I'm guessing Lois gave a BS report saying that she saw him die in an explosion or something. Everyone in Smallville knows that he's Superman and haven't said anything yet so he could still come back.

But why would they go into that trouble to bring Clark back to DP? If he really needs a day job he should just ask Bruce to give him another job with a better paycheck..:o

Yeah here's a set pic
rs_634x1024-140820120902-634.Henry-Cavill-Superman-JR-82014.jpg

I think the caption was reporter "missing"
really wonder how they're going to play that off in a MOS sequel. I guess they could say it was a closed casket funeral for everyone but Lois, Martha, Bruce, Diana.

Yeah here's a set pic
rs_634x1024-140820120902-634.Henry-Cavill-Superman-JR-82014.jpg

Even in a set bad quality shot this suit looks amazing in its natural color. If they don't get rid of that drk grainy color for Superman I'm afraid he's doom under Zack. Superman needs to be that shinning symbol of hope. When he comes on screen it should make people smile and cheer of joy. The color help sets that tone. It's why that scene I posted from Superman the Movie still works because it achieve all that, no grainy dark look, superman smiling, interact with the people he saves, and it makes you smile and cheer.

Last edited:
If they bring back the William's score for Superman's grand return in JL, I could see the audience going crazy when this score come on as Superman (Cavil) returns to save the day in JL. Still make him bad-ass by allowing him to do all the punching he does in MOS, but bring back the hopeful smiling superman. You top it off by doing a scene like this for Superman and show why he's a badd-ass. It's not hard to get Superman right. You just follow what works in the movie and animated series. IMO this is how you do Superman to be love by all fans. Bad-ass and hopeful.

[YT]XwU0QkcrNVQ[/YT]

If they bring back the William's score for Superman's grand return in JL, I could see the audience going crazy when this score come on as Superman (Cavil) returns to save the day in JL. Still make him bad-ass by allowing him to do all the punching he does in MOS, but bring back the hopeful smiling superman. You top it off by doing a scene like this for Superman and show why he's a badd-ass. It's not hard to get Superman right. You just follow what works in the movie and animated series. IMO this is how you do Superman to be love by all fans. Bad-ass and hopeful.

[YT]XwU0QkcrNVQ[/YT]
Imagine, the League are almost defeated and the city's is going bananas, then you hear a sonic boom, and then you see the Crest, the cape, the blue suit, because you know what, when no one can save the day, then: It looks like a job for Superman.

Imagine, the League are almost defeated and the city's is going bananas, then you hear a sonic boom, and then you see the Crest, the cape, the blue suit, because you know what, when no one can save the day, then: It looks like a job for Superman.

-Sonic booms in the distance
-Superman flies in to grab Darkseid
-Parademons and League are all speechless at what they just saw
-While everyone is standing still not paying attention [BLACKOUT]Barry super speed slaps the **** out of all the Parademons[/BLACKOUT]

So Superman would then just end up being a minor character in JL, almost equivalent to that of Quicksilver in "DOFP".

I'd want Superman's story to run parallel, but separate, to Batman assembling the Justice League. Show him dealing with amnesia, lost powers, or a space journey before closing this arc by joining the League at the end.

So Superman would then just end up being a minor character in JL, almost equivalent to that of Quicksilver in "DOFP".
Didn't try to mean that, i personally think Clark should appear from the first act as Clark and by mid-end of the second act, he returns as Superman.

What if during his recovering he goes into a dream state that is similar to the "For the Man Who Has Everything"
Since the codex is the whole Krypton's heritage. maybe it can create a dream like world for Clark.

That way it shows Clark being happy, but realizing that people needs his help and the world need Superman(of course he chooses to leave the dream world)
Also gives Henry Cavill something to work with instead of waiting until the final act for him to appear

Superman will continue to be the centerpiece of the trilogy.

But they don't need him to be there from the start. And when I say "there", I mean physically.

We could see him in flashbacks, dreams, visions or a different/parallel timeline. But most importantly, he will be a main player regardless.

I don't think we will see him joining the rest of the league before the third act.

I think JL will be a 2 story film, Supermans journey through the afterlife and batman/wonder woman forming the justice league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"