Justice League Superman's Resurrection/Return prediction

When they do bring him back I want him to have the same personality he has in the current Superman: Lois and Clark comic. That is how you do a modern/real world take on Superman without making him a jerk or unsure of himself.

I would love his resurrection from the grave done in after credit scene in SS or WW.

At this point, i feel like Superman having screen time equivalent to Hawkeye's ST in "The Avengers" would be considered a mercy to him.

I honestly don't think Superman's going to have a big role in this film guys. He may only be present for the final battle. If anything, it's very possible that his screen time could rival Quicksilver's one in DOFP.

When they do bring him back I want him to have the same personality he has in the current Superman: Lois and Clark comic. That is how you do a modern/real world take on Superman without making him a jerk or unsure of himself.
After Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, there's no place left for him to be unsure of himself. He proved himself TWICE. World accepted him, he accepted himself and people of the Earth. That's enough.

I hope they use his resurrection as a way to bring Superman as a more positive figure. If he's going to be the Christ-like/ Gandalf the White character of the DC Extended Universe, they now have the oportunity of "soft-rebooting" him into what most fans of the character have been asking him to be like since the beginning.

I hope they use his resurrection as a way to bring Superman as a more positive figure. If he's going to be the Christ-like/ Gandalf the White character of the DC Extended Universe, they now have the oportunity of "soft-rebooting" him into what most fans of the character have been asking him to be like since the beginning.

In MoS and half of BvS Superman is mostly alone. Through the years, Superman has always been portrayed as fine on his own, but I feel that this version of Superman badly craves human connections. See how highly he treasures the relationships he has with Martha and Lois, and he's always smiling around them. I kinda think having him interact with other characters and form relationships with them will vastly see improvement in his temperament and increase our understanding of who he really is.

I agree. Use the resurrection as a soft reboot. Make him a fully formed Superman embracing who he is and move forward.

In MoS and half of BvS Superman is mostly alone. Through the years, Superman has always been portrayed as fine on his own, but I feel that this version of Superman badly craves human connections. See how highly he treasures the relationships he has with Martha and Lois, and he's always smiling around them. I kinda think having him interact with other characters and form relationships with them will vastly see improvement in his temperament and increase our understanding of who he really is.
Looking forward to it for sure.

Seeing as how he's a Christ Figure, I expect a soft reboot of his personality too.

Christ, during the final days, was very troubled and doubtful about his mission...but when he came back...

I wouldn't mind a Gandalf type return. Maybe wonder woman and batman meet him first akin to aragorn, gimli and legolas. Do you guys think he will have frost breath when he comes back?

After Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, there's no place left for him to be unsure of himself. He proved himself TWICE. World accepted him, he accepted himself and people of the Earth. That's enough.

The major difference between Cav-El and Pre-Flashpoint Superman is that even when the world is cynical and skeptical and dark he doesn't ask Lois "why?", he does what he thinks is right despite his frustration (and he does voice his frustrations) and keeps pushing hoping he can turn the tide and inspire people. He also does everyday things with his powers. Even as the "Man" he's using his powers doing mundane everyday things like putting up fences, fixing up his house, fixing his landlord's tractor. Sure who cares about that boring ****, right? No, because the mundane things is what grounds Superman. If I had to change my car's oil having Superman's powers sure would come in handy. And that goes a step further by showing us that he could be and do whatever he wants with these awesome abilities, but instead he chooses to be one of us on the daily grind. That's the definition of humility.

Last edited:
So he should be busy saving cats and fixing fences when the Earth is under threat of alien invasion?

So he should be busy saving cats and fixing fences when the Earth is under threat of alien invasion?

No, he should be fixing his car and building fences and being a journalist and paying his bills when he isn't saving Earth from alien invasion. That's what makes him relatable. His name isn't Superkryptonian; his name is Superman.

No, he should be fixing his car and building fences and being a journalist and paying his bills when he isn't saving Earth from alien invasion. That's what makes him relatable. His name isn't Superkryptonian; his name is Superman.
And he actually did all of that when he was a vagabond. Then he became a journalist. But it didn't go well. There was also an alien invasion. Then there was [BLACKOUT]the consequence of alien invasion, that led to his death.[/BLACKOUT] Now there's even a bigger threat. There's no time for fences and reports.

The major difference between Cav-El and Pre-Flashpoint Superman is that even when the world is cynical and skeptical and dark he doesn't ask Lois "why?", he does what he thinks is right despite his frustration (and he does voice his frustrations) and keeps pushing hoping he can turn the tide and inspire people. He also does everyday things with his powers. Even as the "Man" he's using his powers doing mundane everyday things like putting up fences, fixing up his house, fixing his landlord's tractor. Sure who cares about that boring ****, right? No, because the mundane things is what grounds Superman. If I had to change my car's oil having Superman's powers sure would come in handy. And that goes a step further by showing us that he could be and do whatever he wants with these awesome abilities, but instead he chooses to be one of us on the daily grind. That's the definition of humility.

That's just not true. Superman asks "Why" all the time.

He does what he thinks is right, but it's not like he's never depicted as having any doubts. That's half the point of the Fortress of Solitude.

BVS makes it pretty clear that he wanted to be "One of us". That was the whole point of the scene between he and Lois in her apartment.

I just hope they dont bring him back as an evil version that the JL has to fight. My fingers will be crossed until some footage is released

I think people need to prepare themselves that there's at least going to be the "threat" of a possible evil Superman. It's a classic element of the mythology.

I can easily imagine it:
The League is getting their a** handed to them, people are in danger, sudden sonic boom.
Blue blur with red appears and saves them, they thank them and they get alarmed due to the danger, and then (and call me cheesy or outdatetd) we hear it:
This looks like a job for Superman.
Maybe it's cheesy but if that does happen, i think i will be a extremely happy man.

I can easily imagine it:
The League is getting their a** handed to them, people are in danger, sudden sonic boom.
Blue blur with red appears and saves them, they thank them and they get alarmed due to the danger, and then (and call me cheesy or outdatetd) we hear it:
Maybe it's cheesy but if that does happen, i think i will be a extremely happy man.

@bolded
I definitely see that happening

I can easily imagine it:
The more I hear fan ideas of what Superman should be, the more I'm happy with what I got in Snyder films... Ugh...

The more I hear fan ideas of what Superman should be, the more I'm happy with what I got in Snyder films... Ugh...
I personally liked part of Superman that we got on BvS, the part that smiled when saving someone on Juarez, the one that tried to go and TALK to Old Man Bruce, that's the Superman i want, the one that tries to do the right thing and was glad that someone didn't suffered a horrible dead and can continue his life.

Last edited:
I think people need to prepare themselves that there's at least going to be the "threat" of a possible evil Superman. It's a classic element of the mythology.

Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't happen. I've been waiting for ages for some "buddy-time" between himself, Batman, and possibly the other members of the League. There wasn't time for it in BvS and we haven't really seen much of Superman just letting his hair down, free to be himself with a trusted group of people. It'd certainly make me happy if we got such a scene in JL 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"