Telltale's The Walking Dead

Genuinely sad about the news.

The last two episodes arent coming out. The series will end on the Episode 2 cliffhanger. Sucks for sure

Is that confirmed? I haven't heard anything official.
yes it was confrimed. This was put up yestday night inthe article that states up date 2 in the page prior. Hope that helps

Thanks for puting this up. I have further updates .thier in Red & bold in the article below.

Industry
Report: Telltale Games hit with major layoffs, possibly shutting down [Update 2]
Published 12 hours ago. 207 comments.

"Skeleton crew" reportedly finishing The Walking Dead - The Final Season.

Telltale-Games-News_09-21-18.jpg

Telltale Games, developer of episodic adventure games such as The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, and Batman: The Enemy Within, has laid off a large number of its staff and may be shutting down, according to messages on social media, both private and public, and reports from Kotaku, Gamasutra, and The Verge.

The Verge reports that only 25 people are currently left at the studio. Kotaku’s source did not confirm how many people were still left at the studio, but said that the layoffs were widespread.

Freelance journalist Joe Parlock, who has written for Telegraph, Official PlayStation Magazine UK, and Polygon, corroborated on the reports, citing his own sources that a “skeleton crew” has been left at Telltale Games in order to finish The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season. Everything else in development, including The Wolf Among Us: A Telltale Games Series Season 2, will reportedly be cancelled. Telltale Games’ publishing division, Telltale Publishing, is also said to be affected, meaning that the yesterday-announced console versions of Stranded Deep will no longer be published by the company.

Telltale Games has yet to release an official statement.

Update 5:40 p.m.: Telltale Games has issued the following statement:

Today, Telltale Games made the difficult decision to begin a majority studio closure following a year marked by insurmountable challenges. A majority of the company’s employees were dismissed earlier this morning, with a small group of 25 employees staying on the fulfill the company’s obligations to its board and partners. CEO Pete Hawley issued the following statement:

“It’s been an incredibly difficult year for Telltale as we worked to set the company on a new course. Unfortunately, we ran out of time trying to get there. We released some of our best content this year and received a tremendous amount of positive feedback, but ultimately, that did not translate to sales. With a heavy heart, we watch our friends leave today to spread our brand of storytelling across the games industry.”

Telltale will issue further comments regarding its product portfolio in the coming weeks.

Update 8:30 p.m.: USgamer is reporting that sources have told us that the crew of 25 left over at Telltale Games will be working on the Minecraft Story Mode project for Netflix, and The Walking Dead – The Final Season will not be completed.
source: Gematsu

Is that confirmed? I haven't heard anything official.
A fired dev commented on it:

https://twitter.com/emilybuckshot/st...57603597406208

Please stop asking me about future Telltale releases. I don’t work for Telltale anymore, they terminated me yesterday.
Same goes for everyone else terminated yesterday. We. No. Longer. Work. There.

“The Company will finish it”
With who? “The company” doesn’t make games. The people who worked for Telltale made games. Devs aren’t interchangeable cogs- the game reflects the people who make it. The Walking Dead: TFS Team is gone. We alllll got terminated yesterday.

And to the few of you who’ve told me “The devs should finish it out of the goodness of their hearts because the fans deserve it!”
... no. Very no. They underpaid & overworked us to give you what you already have. We aren’t gonna make it for free... after they fired us???

The Walking Dead: The Final Season Ep 2 is still meant to drop on Tues
I’m in a weird place as Lead Ep Designer because I want you to play it! The team did awesome work, pushed boundaries, & I want you to see it! Send us off on a high note! But I’m not gonna tell you to buy it

I sincerely hope that Telltale steps up, takes responsibility, and issues a statement about The Walking Dead:The Final Season SOON instead of leaving its recently terminated former employees to deal with the fan questions and backlash. This isn’t fair.

Former Lead Season Designer, Michael Kirkbride:

Episode 3 was almost done, but not near shippable.
Episode 4 script was done, but artists weren't supposed to start until next week.

"There's no one to work on [Episodes] 3 and 4. No one. We were already trying to stay afloat."

Didn't mince his words, did he? He's obviously pissed about the whole thing.

Would be such a shame if this wasn't finished in the way that was intended.

This whole situation sucks, and it would be an even bigger tragedy if the final season wasn't finished. TWD is the most important game in Telltale's catalog; it deserves to be completed, if not only because a lot of people out there, myself included, have already paid full price for the whole season. If the company had to go down, I really wish it would have happened after the final season was finished.

Game is back on track with Skybound coming through to finish it.

yep here's
Game is back on track with Skybound coming through to finish it.
Here's the low down y' all .

telltale-the-walking-dead-213x120.jpg

Now Telltale’s “skeleton crew” has been laid off, too
2 days ago
Telltale Games laid off a majority of its employees in September in advance of a full studio shutdown, but a small group remained with the company in order to close out development on certain projects. Today, one of those employees reports that this group has now been laid off, too.

Narrative designer Rachel Noel tweets “Heeeeyyyy remember how there was going to be a skeleton crew staying on for a while and I was part of it? Nah, jk, we all just got laid off, too.” Telltale has not offered an official statement on the situation, though it’s unclear whether there’s anyone still at the studio who could offer such communication.

Noel tweeted on September 25 that she was part of the small group that had remained at Telltale, adding both that “I am furious with how my now ex-coworkers were treated” and “I’m next.” Early reports suggested that this group would finish The Walking Dead: The Final Season, Read more

the-walking-dead-the-final-season-213x120.jpg

Telltale reportedly wants another company to hire its staff and finish The Walking Dead
3 days ago |
Telltale Games laid off a majority of its staff in September ahead of a full studio shutdown. That left well over 200 people without jobs and the studio’s latest project, The Walking Dead: The Final Season, in limbo halfway through its four-episode run. Now, reports from suggest that Telltale wants to finish the series with another studio using the original development team.

The company officially said last week that “multiple potential partners have stepped forward to express interest in helping to see The Final Season through to completion.” That statement was met with a great deal of cynicism at the time, since former employees were let go without any sort of advanced notice or severance pay.

But two anonymous sources tell Kotaku that Telltale hopes to partner with an outside studio to finish episodes three and four of the season, with former members of the development team working “on a contract basis” to bring out the end of the series. That could mean the entire development team,Read more

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
Skybound Games to finish The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season
Published 7 hours ago. 12 comments.
Original staff on board to finish the story "in a way the fans deserve."

TWD-Final-Season-Skybound_10-06-18.jpg

Skybound Games has taken ownership and will finish the development of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season, the company announced at New York Comic-Con 2018.

The company will work with members of the original team from Telltale Games “to finish the story in a way the fans deserve.”

If you missed it in late September, Telltale Games is shutting down. Read more about that here.

Further information was not announced.

source: Gematsu& PCGN

hqdefault.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 3 Goes Gold! - The Rundown - Electric Playground

562 views 12 hours ago Published on 11/20/2018
Today in the Rundown, we discuss the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3! We also take an early look at the next big expansion for Civilization 6, have some good news about telltale Games and their last Walking Dead game, and finally, have some bad news about Valve and their Steam Link streaming box.

Also Confirming the above

22 hours ago
Skybound Resumes Development On Telltale's THE WALKING DEAD: THE FINAL SEASON With Many Original Developers
Skybound Games has brought back many of the original developers who worked on Telltale's The Walking Dead to complete the final two episodes The Final Season.Read more

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN & GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

That’s good. I thought it wasn’t getting finished.

Good on Skybound for bringing back the original devs.

Yes that’s great. And I hope they all find good jobs to go to afterwards. Such a shame when the stuff at Telltale happens, usually due to bad management.

oh yeah there was a live stream today from kida funny games about this they said they hired back most of the dev's that lost their jobs and showed them too. i'm happy this is happening

8 hours ago
Telltale's THE WALKING DEAD: THE FINAL SEASON Returns To PC For Purchase Through The Epic Games Store
Telltale's The Walking Dead returns to PC, but any new purchases will have to be done through the Epic Games Store. Episode 3: Broken Toys will release next month.Read more

| 12/20/2018
Filed Under: "The Walking Dead" Source: Skybound
12767.jpg

Skybound Games, who acquired Telltale's The Walking Dead franchise after the company filed for bankruptcy, has announced that The Walking Dead: The Final Season will once again be available for purchase on PC. However, thanks to a partnership with Epic, all future PC purchases and downloads will be done through the Epic Game Store.

“The team at Epic owns a major chapter in the history of the game industry. We’re excited to work together on their latest transformative event with the launch of the Epic Games Store. Epic stepped up to the plate immediately to work with us in order to bring the original team back together and ensure fans will receive the completed season of Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season,” said President of Interactive Dan Murray and Skybound Games CEO Ian Howe in a joint-statement.

If you already purchased The Final Season, the remaining episodes will download through your original point of purchase on their release dates.

As previously announced, Episode 3: Broken Toys will be available on January 15, 2019. The season pass for The Walking Dead: The Final Season is already available via the Epic Games Store.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season episode three trailer
Published 3 hours ago. 1 comment.

Due out on January 15.

TWD-Final-Season-Ep-3_01-07-19.jpg

Skybound Games has released the official trailer for the third episode of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season, titled “Broken Toys.” It will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on January 15.

Here is an overview of the episode, via Skybound Games:

After years on the road facing threats both living and dead, a secluded school might finally be Clementine’s chance for a home. But protecting it will mean sacrifice. In this gripping, emotional final season, your choices will define your relationships and determine how Clementine’s story ends.

Watch the trailer below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

The end is nigh. What a journey it's been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"