The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

What I remember reading about pre-Batman v Superman release was that executives were giving the film "standing ovations" to the film when it was being screened for them and the brass was desperate to sign Ben Affleck to more films as Batman.

I also remember about half of the pre-release spoilers and plot leaks ended up not being true.

Maybe I'm misremembering things but I could have sworn like a month or two pre release of BvS the rumors were that it wasn't good and the execs were worried thus why the trailers and ads for it became heavily Batman focusd leading up to release.

I remember when everyone thought Scoot was Flash because he had those green screen socks. Still brings a smile to my face.

Yep that was another one. Tons of misinformation going around when Force Awakens and Batman v Superman were getting made, and it only snowballed and got worse from there.

I remember when everyone thought Scoot was Flash because he had those green screen socks. Still brings a smile to my face.
I remember one guy coming in these boards claiming that he’d seen an advance screening of the film and describing how, in the third act, Holly Hunter, Lois and “the guy in the green socks” were running around Lexcorp.

And frankly, this might be controversial, I always felt Wally was the better and more interesting character.
Not controversial at all, as far as I’m concerned. You are completely correct. Also, while Wally was introduced as the “hipper” alternative to Barry after Crisis on Infinite Earths, he grew as a character and is now probably the most grounded and fascinating character in DC’s roster. He’s a superhero as well as a great husband and father. His comics don’t tend to have melodrama but are fun and adventurous. When they take super-serious turns like Heroes in Crisis, it holds serious weight because of Wally’s character

I remember one guy coming in these boards claiming that he’d seen an advance screening of the film and describing how, in the third act, Holly Hunter, Lois and “the guy in the green socks” were running around Lexcorp.

The best was, the script spelled "Lois" as "Louis" and none of the people who were pimping it noticed. Every one of the clickbaiters missed it. It took all of ten minutes for this board to completely destroy that script when it finally started making the rounds. I think even the watermark was wrong!

The "Fake Script Fiasco" was one of the best. I mean I thought "Jenny Olsen" was fun during MOS but the amount of weird shenanigans that went on during BvS was hilarious. I remember when Affleck "walked off the film" and they were going to either cancel it or remake it. I remember when someone faked a screenshot from an exhibitors show that showed the film was actually split into 2. Especially after the delay, the rumor mill for the film was a sight to see!

Not controversial at all, as far as I’m concerned. You are completely correct. Also, while Wally was introduced as the “hipper” alternative to Barry after Crisis on Infinite Earths, he grew as a character and is now probably the most grounded and fascinating character in DC’s roster. He’s a superhero as well as a great husband and father. His comics don’t tend to have melodrama but are fun and adventurous. When they take super-serious turns like Heroes in Crisis, it holds serious weight because of Wally’s character
Wally>>>>>>Barry and it's not even a contest to me. But I may be biased because I'm a 90s baby and was introduced to the Flash when he was Wally.

And to be fair to Barry since most of his adventures for years were in the Silver Age, his personality wasn't well defined or is really outdated compared to the post Crisis on Infinite Earth take on characters.

I think Young Justice is actually the only thing that has done a good job of giving Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart their own distinct personalities

Wally>>>>>>Barry and it's not even a contest to me. But I may be biased because I'm a 90s baby and was introduced to the Flash when he was Wally.

And to be fair to Barry since most of his adventures for years were in the Silver Age, his personality wasn't well defined or is really outdated compared to the post Crisis on Infinite Earth take on characters.

I think Young Justice is actually the only thing that has done a good job of giving Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart their own distinct personalities
Being born in the 70s I was originally a Barry guy, just as I was a Hal Jordan guy. But to be honest, I am a huge fan of Bronze Age comics. I got to a point that reading the actual comics that I couldn’t ignore any longer that Wally is the better Flash. Now I embrace it. And right now is a tremendous resurgence because Wally has been the Flash in Infinite Frontier and Jeremy Adams has positioned that title as the second best in DC-second only to Tom Taylor’s defining run on Nightwing.

Similarly, I cannot ignore that since her introduction, Jesica Cruz is the best and most interesting Green Lantern.

Seriously, good job continuing to back this a**hole, WB.

If only you'd tried even a tenth as hard to keep Cavill.

It's interesting to note that in this case the now 18 year old daughter addressed all that and didn't share the parents' sentiments.

It is a pr nightmare though, and I bet more stuff is going to keep coming out.

The release date can't come soon enough for WB.

Seriously, good job continuing to back this a**hole, WB.

If only you'd tried even a tenth as hard to keep Cavill.

I like how you pretend it was Cavill who was the reason he is gone and not the mediocre reception to his character. Yeah they really lost out and he definitely wouldnt run back with bells on if they even pretended they wanted him.

Some of you have a weird obsession with a rather one note actor who is nothing special at all.

I don’t think WB is “continuing to back” Ezra. I just think the movie is largely done and they don’t really have a choice but to move forward. They can just recast in a follow-up.

As far as Cavill, we don’t really know what all went down with negotiations so blaming either party seems kinda silly. Sometimes things just don’t work out. Could be money, timing, desire. Who knows?

Jesus man. Miller is a problem if that wasn't clear before.
But as I said, there's nothing to do other than literally refilm the movie which would double the whole budget or scrap the movie which would be a huge loss as well. They have to release the movie as is, cut Miller from the press tour, and recast or reboot the Flash down the line

You don’t really need to treat it as gospel to recognize it’s problematic. Like even if you feel it’s untrue, it’s not the kinda press you want around the star of your franchise especially with all the other trouble they’ve had recently.

Unless something comes out exposing some kinda malicious plot on the part of the parents, this ain’t a good look for Ezra.

It's interesting to note that in this case the now 18 year old daughter addressed all that and didn't share the parents' sentiments.

To be fair, somebody's whose been groomed since 12 probably wouldn't right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"